Home

First Planet/Already Lv.12

ther

Hey guys, i've got a simple question. Im playin KOTOR 2 and Nar Shaddaa is my first planet. Exile is already on level 12, alliies are level 11. Brianna and Mira aren't Jedis yet, but i want to shift them onto light side. I only had one fight with Brianna, so think it'll maybe take some more time to make her a Jedi. Now the question: Isnt that too late? Or is it normal that they become a Jedi so late? I mean she will be maybe Level 14. Perhaps i did too much Side Quests on Nar Shaddaa and Telos?! I hope you know what i mean, because i dont know how to express myself, because i have a bad english.

greetings, ther :)

Yeah, the default experience gain kinda makes a lot of things happen late. Try my game balance mod if you want to even things out a little (you'll be at level 15/16 by your first planet and level 30-ish by the end of the game).

Your english was fine :) Achilles is right things will happen late (especially if this is your first play through); though once you get good at things you know what to do where and when you level up quicker, and know where to get influence with Charachters. Also you may find the below helpful, but if this is your first playthrough may contain spoilers...

http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotorii/locations/walkthroughfaq.php

@achilles

could u maybe give me a link to ur mod?

but em i right when i say, that max level in default KOTOR 1 & 2 is level 20?

/ahhhhhh and i've got another question (a bit off topic maybe :lol: )... is there something special i can do to battle handmaiden the second time, or does it just take time? and where can i see how much influence i have at my alliies? In some walkthroughs they always speak of Atton:87, Kreia:,44 bla bla bla

Achilles Game Balance Mod found on this page;

http://www.freewebs.com/achilles01/miscellaneous.htm

@achilles

could u maybe give me a link to ur mod? but im right when i say, that max level in default KOTOR 1 & 2 is 20?

KotOR 1; Level 20 Max

KotOR 2 TSL; Level 50-60 Max - one of the two; never get near it though; highest I've ever finished the game on was level 41

Thx for the mod jo :).

But do i get new feats and more skill points when im above level 20?

No worries for the linkage :)

Of course, what would be the point of leveling up if you didn't? It works just the same as the leveling system you've used in K1 and are using in K2 ;) You'll find out soon enough anyways :p

p.s. jon or J7 for short; I'm not a jo ;)

Max level is 50 on TSL.

Want some advice, there's a bug in the Korriban hidden Tomb. Infinate Hississ on the dead Jedi body. Just keep clicking it and they appear. Be warned, unless your high level and have Force Storm and that multiple force drain, you'll die.

Max level is 50 on TSL.

Want some advice, there's a bug in the Korriban hidden Tomb. Infinate Hississ on the dead Jedi body. Just keep clicking it and they appear. Be warned, unless your high level and have Force Storm and that multiple force drain, you'll die.

I was wondering how people get up to level 50... that's crazy to me. I've only completed one play-through, and I got to level 30 doing every side quest I could. I'm sure I missed out on some, but I really tried to do everything possible. I can't imagine earning enough XP for 20 additional levels.

Brianna cannot become a Jedi until *you* are at least lvl18.

Well, if you don't get it, then

You don't have to level up them immediately after they get enough experience. A person can have tons of experience but still stay at lvl6, can't s(he)?

I was wondering how people get up to level 50... that's crazy to me. I've only completed one play-through, and I got to level 30 doing every side quest I could. I'm sure I missed out on some, but I really tried to do everything possible. I can't imagine earning enough XP for 20 additional levels.
There's really no point to it either. Much past 30, they shouldn't even bother trying to distinguish between classes or alignment. You've used up just about every useful feat and the only force powers left are from the opposing alignment. Plus you have to cheat to get there anyway.

It's not possible to break 35. I usually don't get past 32, and that's with careful planning (saving level-ups until before entering a new module, getting prestige class immediately after hitting level 15, taking Kreia everywhere, etc). But that's the point; there are more than enough levels to ensure that there's no level cap like in K1.

It's not possible to break 35. I usually don't get past 32, and that's with careful planning (saving level-ups until before entering a new module, getting prestige class immediately after hitting level 15, taking Kreia everywhere, etc). But that's the point; there are more than enough levels to ensure that there's no level cap like in K1.

Except if you make use of the aforementioned Hssiss glitch. I've done it once, took me more than 2 hours to reach level 50.

There's really no point to it either. Much past 30, they shouldn't even bother trying to distinguish between classes or alignment. You've used up just about every useful feat and the only force powers left are from the opposing alignment. Plus you have to cheat to get there anyway.

I actually wanted a few more levels because I didn't focus my feats the way I wanted to in the beginning. I guess that's probably somewhat typical for a first play-through.

Seems the main boost you get from going up to 50 (or as close as you can) is the reservoir of force points and life energy is greater, meaning you can last longer. But I agree that most of the best/useful powers can be obtained well before you reach that level.

Well, I also chose guardian so my choice of feats came less often than it would have for a sentinel or consular. I really wanted to max out the 6 levels of lightsaber combat feats but I wasn't able to. Not that it mattered - TSL is relatively easy and my guardian was near invincible at the end. I remember dying (my entire party) like 20 times in K1, but I never did in K2.. not one time, seriously. Why did they make the final fights against Nihilus, Sion, and Traya so easy?

Well, I know my exile was around 36 when I went up against Kreia (No cheats, no KSE... And I think I might've used the Hississ (Sp?) glitch without knowing it was there!) and she was ruddy difficult! I tried about ten to eleven times to kill her, and I eventually managed it with mines! I had to mine to core so much that I almost overloaded my GPU/CPU displaying the explosions. But, it was always the Three Lightsabers that got me.

But, I think I was too thorough on my play through, but I thought it went by far too quickly (16h54m) in order to beat it. Compared K1's 21h34m without many sidequests!

The only hard Sith Lord was really Traya Or Kreia, Nihilus and Sion were too easy... I wonder if I should go through and change that once I re-install?

Well, I also chose guardian so my choice of feats came less often than it would have for a sentinel or consular. I really wanted to max out the 6 levels of lightsaber combat feats but I wasn't able to.

Aye? I think you mean Force Powers. Because, IIRC, Guardians gain feats quicker than the other classes.

Aye? I think you mean Force Powers. Because, IIRC, Guardians gain feats quicker than the other classes.

I thought it was the other way around... perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly though. I remember only getting feat upgrades every 3 level-ups or so, but always having a power upgrade.

Well, I know my exile was around 36 when I went up against Kreia (No cheats, no KSE... And I think I might've used the Hississ (Sp?) glitch without knowing it was there!) and she was ruddy difficult! I tried about ten to eleven times to kill her, and I eventually managed it with mines! I had to mine to core so much that I almost overloaded my GPU/CPU displaying the explosions. But, it was always the Three Lightsabers that got me.

But, I think I was too thorough on my play through, but I thought it went by far too quickly (16h54m) in order to beat it. Compared K1's 21h34m without many sidequests!

Wow - our games were very different. First, it took me 57 hours to finish my playthrough, which is more than 3 times as long as yours. Second, Kreia/Traya was an extremely easy battle for me. My life never approached even the half-way level. Perhaps it was my upgraded armor? I dunno. I only used my lightsaber and an occasional force wave for that fight and I had no problems at all.

I thought it was the other way around... perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly though. I remember only getting feat upgrades every 3 level-ups or so, but always having a power upgrade.

It is.

Look on the manual, it says that Guardian Feat progression is quicker than the other two, mediocre at Force Powers and the slower at Skills.

Wow - our games were very different. First, it took me 57 hours to finish my playthrough, which is more than 3 times as long as yours. Second, Kreia/Traya was an extremely easy battle for me. My life never approached even the half-way level. Perhaps it was my upgraded armor? I dunno. I only used my lightsaber and an occasional force wave for that fight and I had no problems at all.

I'm with you. What's the point on rushing through the games, and not complete every side-quest out there?

I'm with you. What's the point on rushing through the games, and not complete every side-quest out there?

Yeah I agree 100%. I tried to complete every side-quest possible and exhaust every option of every conversation possible. I just didn't want to miss out on any of the game and/or story. I would also pretty much go to every corner of every map, just in case. Maybe that's over the top and why it took me so long, but I enjoyed every second of it. Once it was done I was sad that there was no more left.

I actually wanted a few more levels because I didn't focus my feats the way I wanted to in the beginning. I guess that's probably somewhat typical for a first play-through.
It is. :D

However that's what the KotOR Savegame Editor and 2nd (3rd, 4th) playthroughs are for.

Except if you make use of the aforementioned Hssiss glitch.

Well, yes. But I'm talking about the good old fashioned non-cheat way. ;)

Seems the main boost you get from going up to 50 (or as close as you can) is the reservoir of force points and life energy is greater, meaning you can last longer.

Odds are you'll have more FP and VP than you'll ever need by Telos anyway.

Well, I know my exile was around 36 when I went up against Kreia (No cheats, no KSE... And I think I might've used the Hississ (Sp?) glitch without knowing it was there!) and she was ruddy difficult!

Kreia's the only NPC that will level up to you at the end of the game. So the stronger you are, the stronger she is. Compare that to Sion and Nihilus, who will never break level 20, no matter what.

Archived