Home

Favorite Video Game Quotes?

So do you guys/gals have any favorite quotes from video games you've played?

A couple I can remember off the top of my head:

If you want everything, you'll end up with nothing.

Name means nothing on the battlefield.

I don't have many, but that's why I'm asking! So what are some good game quotes that you know of?

Humorous, from StarCraft:

[Raynor has been sent to rendezvous with Kerrigan, a beautiful psychic]

Lt. Sarah Kerrigan: Captain Raynor, I've finished scouting out the area, and... you pig!

Jim Raynor: What! I haven't even said anything to you yet.

Lt. Sarah Kerrigan: Yeah, but you were thinking it.

Jim Raynor: Oh, yeah! you're a telepath.

[referring to the mission]

Jim Raynor: Look, Lets just get on with this, ok?

Also from StarCraft:

Ghost: You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind.

More StarCraft:

Zeratul: Though we strike at you from the shadows, do not think that we lack the courage to stand in the light.

Now for some KotOR quotes:

Bastila: I must know something first. Will there be a place for me in your future? Do you... do you love me?

Revan: I love you Bastila, with all my heart.

Bastila: You are not afraid of love anymore?

Revan: After this, nothing could make me feel safer than to be loved by you.

Jolee Bindo: I did it all for the Wookiees.

Revan: The Wookiees?

Jolee Bindo: The Wookiees!

Civilization is like a herd of pigs. The herd brings many bennefits, but none should be surprised by all the ****. (The Witcher)

Me kinda horny, me hurt you, longtime!(when klicking a grunt too often WC3)

If I could harness all that hot air, I could power the kingdom for at least a year. (Kang the mad after Sky's pompous spech.)

"But Deekin not likes you!!!!! (When mephisto fails to turn Deekin)

"Tincans to battle" (DoW, terminators)

You released my experiments? How wonderfully mad of you!

It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards. You stole that struggle from them, cheapened it.

Put this one in spoiler tags, as there's a few here not yet fortunate enough to have played Torment. Finding out what can change the nature of a man is arguably as significant as any of its plot points.

TNO: Wait! I have one final question: What can change the nature of a man?

TTO: THE QUESTION IS MEANINGLESS.

TNO: Nonetheless, before there is an ending between us, I will hear your answer.

TTO: THEN THIS IS MY ANSWER, AND YOU ARE THE PROOF. NOTHING CAN CHANGE THE NATURE OF A MAN.

TNO: If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can.

TTO: THEN YOU LEARNED A FALSE LESSON, BROKEN ONE.

TNO: Have I? I've seen belief move cities, make men stave off death, and turn an evil's hag heart half-circle. This entire Fortress has been constructed from belief. Belief damned a woman, whose heart clung to the hope that another loved her when he did not. Once, it made a man seek immortality and achieve it. And it has made a posturing spirit think it is something more than a part of me.

"How could you ever hope to know the threat you face, when you have never walked in the dark places of the galaxy—faced war and death on such a scale. If you had traveled far enough, rather than waiting for the echo to reach you, perhaps you would have seen it for what it was. There is a place in the Galaxy where the dark side of the Force runs strong. It is something of the Sith, but it was fueled by war. It corrupts all that walks on its surface, drowns them in the power of the dark side—it corrupts all life. And it feeds on death. Revan knew the power of such places... and the power in making them. They can be used to break the will of others... of Jedi, promising them power, and turning them to the dark side. The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion... culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from—save one.

and;

After Y2K the end of the world had become a cliché. But who was I to talk, a brooding underdog avenger alone against an empire of evil out to right a grave injustice. Everything was subjective. There were only personal apocalypses. Nothing is a cliché when it's happening to you.

"Ahhh, man! I was gonna be an angel!" - Random pedestrian after being revived by paramedics in GTA-San Andreas

Atton: Which one do you want?

Bad-Dur: I'll take the stupid one that kept talking instead of shooting us when he had the chance.

-Atton and Bao-Dur strategizing an impending fight on Nar Shaddaa in TSL.

I'm no hero...

I am the god of War!

A choice from the gods is as useless as the gods themselves!

I've told you before - I don't like people with a mouth bigger than mine.

You understand nothing.

At last, the Keyblade chosen one.

I'm pretty sure there are more.

From Jade Empire:

Black Whirlwind: Well... you, me and the pretty boy. You must be wealthy to be able to afford your own eunuch.

Dawn Star: The new flier seems nicer than the one we took from Gao the Lesser, although I'm really only judging by how shiny it is.

From Neverwinter Nights 2:

Tarmas: A shame she failed to heed her first lesson - always listen to Tarmas.

Bishop: So the farm girl's going to join our band? Good. We need someone to make up for the paladin - or at least to catch arrows if Grobnar's already dead.

From KotOR 2:

Atton: Well, good thing it's not a trap.

Mical: No, Atton, I think it may be trap.

Atton: ...Will you please lighten up for *one* second?

All from Mass Effect, not saying they are the best, but the only ones I can come close to quoting half way accurately.

Shepard ~ "Conrad... I haven't been shot in the head nearly enough times for that to sound like a good idea."

Wrex ~ "Just cuz I like ya, doesn't mean I wouldn't kill ya."

Ashley ~ "Why is it that whenever someone says 'with all due respect', they really mean 'kiss my ***'"?

Major Baws: So, Ninja, Assassin, what New Year's Resolutions did you two make?

Ninja: I'm going to stop dumping my cigarette butts in your coffee.

Assassin: Oh, yeah, I like that one. Good luck with that, I said I was going to stop charging my drinks to Major Baws' account.

Major Baws: That was you two? That's it, you clowns are history!

Ninja: Uh, Sandman, set course for Nav 1. [/Quote]

Don't know if that was totally accurate...

I can't quite recall it verbatim, but here's the gist of one strange conversation from NWN2:

Pixie Leader: Give us all your gold and your clothes!

Bishop: I have a proposition. How about she takes off her clothes and we keep the gold?

Pixie Leader:...That would be...

Bishop: Interesting, yes.

Pixie Leader: Agreed!

PC: I have a counter-offer. What if *he* disrobes instead?

:lol: I have such a soft spot for dodgy guys >.<

Ooh! I love these kind of threads!

Okok, one of my favourite quotes is the humorous yet downright creepy happy birthday call from the unknown weirdo in SH3.

Unknown voice: [Heather picks up a phone at the hospital, a strange voice starts speaking] Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear... Oh, I forgot your name.

Heather: Who are you?

Unknown voice: Oh, okay, thanks. Happy birthday dear "Hooaryou". Happy birthday to you. etc.

Atton: "And now I come in, saying something suitably heroic."

That, and everything Beckett says in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. He is just hilarious.

I have a lot more, i'm sure I could fill up an entire page with all of them. Mainly Silent Hill quotes and a few Kotor ones. (Mission and Zaalbar make me giggle, they are a very cute team)

Khelgar: “Prejudiced? I’m not prejudiced! By the Nine Hells, I even travel with a back-stabbing tiefling of all things, and you know how her kind are!”

Neeshka:“I feel this strange, rosy glow all of a sudden. We don’t have to hug, do we?”

Sand: “Seems my exceptional wit and cunning instinct for verbal duels has landed me in trouble yet again.”

Shandra:“If it had been the Captain doing it, the cat would be lost, the tree burned down, and the old lady would be traveling with us now.”

Bishop (to you): “How many enemies do you have, anyway? There’s almost more than I can count.”

Elanee: “There’s a surprise.”

Safiya:“I’m beginning to think you gave yourself this curse to meet exotic, arcane women.”

Gann:“I am emotionally wounded. Deeply, I think. What a curious sensation.”

Mine go together, so I'm using two.:

Unneccesary Statement: That is HK unit HK-47.

Unneccesary Statement: He has entered our base.

Those HK-50 droids are so dumb, this quote is from a vid of Shem's that shows the cut HK production factory.

Manny Calavera: I've just locked an open door... strange but symbolically compelling.

Grim Fandango

Why did you have to turn to the Dark Side, LucasArts? Why?!

*Weeps in a suitably dramatic manner*

Nordom: Attention; Morte. I have a question. Do you have a destiny? A purpose?

Morte: Is Annah still wearing clothes?

Nordom: Affirmatory.

Morte: Then the answer is yes.

Planescape: Torment

WC3:

Muradin: You lied to your men, and betrayed the mercenaries who fought for you... What's happened to you, Arthas?

Medivh: Your young prince will only find death in the cold North!

FFT:

Ramza: All the Beoulves are dead... Names don't matter anymore. What's important is how you live your life... Alma! I have to save Alma!

Wiegraf: Governments falsify history only so it favours them. But you can't blame them. Because people always hope for a "miracle". Endlessly complaining, lazy, nuisances... that's what the masses really are. Governments give the people what they want... and history repeats itself. Governments might well have taken advantage of their insecurity... but then again, people are satisfied being used... "God" is nothing but an image created out of man's insecurity. It's their fault for knowing they're comfortably numb, and not doing anything about it.

Nice quotes guys!

You reminded me how many funny quotes there are in Warcraft 3 if you keep clicking on your units:

Human Sorceress: For the end of the world spell, press Control, Alt, Delete.

High Elf Priest: I smell magic in the air. Or, maybe barbecue...

Orc Peon: Me no sound like Yoda, do I?

Archived