Home

Favorite Video Game Quotes?

Duke Nukem 3D: (The Duke himself)

"I came here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$, and I'm all out of gum"

Jade Empire: (Henpecked Hou)

"I'm allergic to death, specially my own"

Lost Odyssey: (Jansen)

"Why do the monsters always go for me first? Do I have an 'EAT ME' sign on my face?"

Jade Empirer

Sing: "Do I have to slaughter that thing for you to show me some attention?"

Merchant Hing: "No dear"

Sing: Are you lying again?"

Sing: "Are you listening to me?"

[sLAP!]

Hou; "My success gave me fame, fortune annd a wife."

PC; "Great. You can fight alongside me."

Hou; "You didn't hear what I said; fame, fortune and a wife..."

"...I wouldn't call him sick and twisted. Thats an insult to sick and twisted people everywhere."

Pretty much everything Solid Snake says in one of the most epic games, Metal Gear Solid, some have already been said, but there are plenty more, like :

-"Unfortunately, killing is one of those things that gets easier every time you do it."

-"It's easy to forget what a sin is in the middle of a battlefield."

-"I never felt truly alive until I was staring death in the face."

-"Meryl Silverburgh: What's your name? Your real name?

Solid Snake: Name means nothing on the battlefield.

Meryl Silverburgh: How old are you?

Solid Snake: Old enough to know what death looks like."

-"This isn't a training exercise. Our lives are riding on this. There are no heroes or heroines. If you lose, you're worm food."

-"A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own."

-"Gray Fox: Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon."

-"Solid Snake: There are no heroes in war. The only heroes I know are either dead or in prison. One or the other.

Meryl Silverburgh: But Snake, you're a hero, aren't you?

Solid Snake: I'm just a man who's good at what he does: Killing."

More Duke Nukem:

It hurts to be you!

Guns don't kill mutants, I kill mutants!

Nukem 'till they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark!

I like a good cigar....and a bad woman..

Your face, your @ss, what's the difference?

You're an inspiration for birth control.

"If only I could show you the places I've seen, you might understand the things I say. I've been to the desolate lands, wandered by those souls who still see the lands of the living, but wear the cloak of the end. Blind to their own ends, they cry, passing through one another like shadows, in the dying light of day. I've traveled to where souls rot in torment, pierced with the jagged shards of life and vision, clinging to memory, regrets of the flesh. I saw that this prison was of their own making, and the key was in unknowing and release.

And still, I traveled on.

And finally, I came to the place where souls go to die, where the mirrored and warm spirits fall into an endless sea of grey mirrored glass. And I lowered myself within, and laid there among them, and I almost did not return. And do you know what I found there? There among the silent and embattered shells of the innumerable? Peace. Enlightenment. Truth. Only then did I realize this place, this life, is an abomination, a horrible distortion of the natural. This, life, who mothered pain, and fear, and envy, these twisted children who exist only because we are here to feed them, to nourish them! This, life, this, afterthought! A disturbance, a mere ripple in that grey, dead sea. Not even the cause, but merely an effect, sending these souls upward, screaming for release from the day when they are torn from their waters.

The effect of what, I do not know, nor do I care.

Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Pulled them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is they feel? Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped, pain at having to live. There will be no more pain. There will be no more chaos."

Kerghan - Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. His only flaw is in his brief appearance, he is one of the most compelling villains I have ever seen.

"I got balls of steel"

"Your face, your ass; what's the difference?"

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum"

"Blow it out your ass"

"I'll rip your head off and **** down your neck"

"Eat **** and die"

All from the same game, guess which one? :p

Archived