Home

[Fic] Midday on Dantooine

Midday on Dantooine

by The Source

As we stand on the plains of Dantooine, the morning light traces out shades of greens and golds. Even though our battle has gone on for hours, our physical condition expresses a lifetime of war. Watching as my opponent’s breathing bears the weight of fatigue, I felt as our dance of death was an expression of passion and romanticism. With each passing gush of wind, her hair floats weightlessly in the sky. If we were destined for this battle, the force has bound our fates to this very moment. As I stretch out to the Force, I sensed the beating of her heart. For what felt like a lifetime, our pulses intertwine and functioned as one. Once the morning light arched slightly higher, the blue tint of my opponent’s eyes responded with brilliance. Regardless about what she is now, my opponent holds secrets of pain and loss. Whatever has hardened her young soul was heavy, and it seemed to hold her in an invisible prison. I closed my eyes for a moment, so I could regain a sense of focus. While I attempted to push aside my emotions, I sensed an unfamiliar and eerie sensation. As I was preoccupied with the moment, she entered and shifted through my thoughts. After the force flowed freely between us, our hearts, lungs, and minds became entangled. When I opened my eyes once again, I saw my opponent’s hilt on the ground, and her physical form racing towards me. Without giving it a thought, I responded with the full blunt of my reflexes. We moved swiftly though the landscape towards our impending destination. As the distance between us closed, she dropped a concealed hilt to her palm. Silence of the plains was replaced with a snap and hiss. I once again stretched out to the Force, and allowed it to send me into a burst. Our distance was only a few feet away, and her brilliant red blade was crashing down upon me like thunder. Without flinching to absorb a possible impact, I moved close to her heavy breathing chest, grabbed the hilt from her hand, swung around tracing a path, and delivered a slash across her abdomen. As we stared eye to eye, her body started to fall limp. I moved in to prevent her fall, and allowed her head and body to rest in my hands. I stretched out to the Force frantically, and attempted to heal her wounds. We stared for a while longer, her breathing collapsed, and the sun reached its peak of midday.

Wow.

That's all I can really say. I'm pretty speechless at the moment as to what to say, or even think about this fic.

Really moving, deep and wonderfully written. A battle not only with a physical opponent, but also with your own mind.

Really, impressive work.

Thank you for the read!

Wow.

That's all I can really say. I'm pretty speechless at the moment as to what to say, or even think about this fic.

Really moving, deep and wonderfully written. A battle not only with a physical opponent, but also with your own mind.

Really, impressive work.

Thank you for the read!

I am sure it needs some work. Instead of writting a fan-ficiton novel, I am thinking about a small series of KotOR character reflections. Since I have issues with time restraints, I cannot commit enough time to create a large story.

I am doing this for fun. Please feel free to comment.

Archived