Home

Two blades or double-bladed?

Kilppari

I prefer Jar'kai personally (in both reality and the games) as I always find double-blading it rather unnatural looking. In game 2 it really hits harder once I've gotten the Ruusan and 'Exile' crystals and the latter starts to 'earn interest', than my Force powers start to skyrocket. The downside is I get to powerful and then there's no fun in fighting the hordes of foes like there is on the starforge.

Defense, when one plays as a Force wielder in game 2, is more economic than enormous attack because I relegate most attribute points to wisdom, charisma, and dexterity. What I'm trying to say is that I use my sabers to up my lightening and defense as I prefer just zapping a room clean rather than duking it out with every single Sith assassin. Plus with two sabers I can have silver and cyan blades simulataniously!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I i divide my party in groups of 2 members: Atton-Mira, Kreia-Visas, Mandalore-Handmaiden, etc. and I take duals and I give one guy a single hilt in one slot and an very upgraded and powerful pistol in the other slot and I give the other guy a double in one slot and a rifle/gun in the other slot.

IMO: they are all cool and advantageous in their way, but I keep duals because I use duals at martial arts and I also use duals at any other Star Wars game...

• 4 weeks later...

Double blades are certainly more effective because of the extra crystals and so and so forth, but from a cool-factor point of view, they don't compared to a saberstaff. Two blades always seemed a bit impractical for someone in the Exile's position.

However, cool people use single-bladed 'sabers. 'Natch.

Why for the Exile's position specifically?

The whole on-a-quest, one-man/woman-against-the-galaxy, on-the-run sort of scenario suggest, to me, no need for the addition of a second lightsaber, as the Jar'Kai suggest - again, to me - the luxury of being able to let yourself go, whereas a single saber says defensive. all imo of course, and I don't know if anyone else feels the same way.

well i like having differewnt colours when i have two sabers lol but i get bored of one saber i know it sounds wierd but i just think that everybody else uses it and i like to be diferent lol! but i love unarmed fighting but i have never used a female exile before so i thought i would try it but i forgot u didn't get the handmaden and forgotten to train on telos first... sorry that was a bit off the convo lol!

But that leaves no option for just a single blade :)

If your character is already proficient with two bladed weapons, then a single saber would be restrictive.

You can use a single saber for up to two attacks per round(with flurry), but up to four w/master speed. You can get up to five w/two/double bladed weapons. Although they are not as effective as each attack by a single blade, the fact you get another more than makes up for that. The wisdom and blaster deflection abilities are also much greater w/two sabers.

The double is restricted in number of deflection/wisdom upgrades, but it is more economic than two sabers. The only catch is that double MUST be used a character w/mastery two handed weapons. The single sabers could be distributed to two characters w/out those feats.

i only resently figured out i can change the dufficulty so i have always been playing it on meduim, so i kinda found the game hard at first but i got the use of it know =] and have for a few years lol. but my first play through used a single blade and i kept dying, but i might try it again now i have more experiance. i think to blades isn't very jedi, but that might be because its not in the film lol! i use double =D

Why are two blades getting such a bad rep?

I think they are the most formidable of the three there are. The saberstaff is most difficult to use because it doesn't provide the leverage of a real staff. The twin sabers don't provide the leverage of two hands on one saber, but allows for a defensive and offensive saber... increasing reliability and ability over one. If a saberstaff can be broken apart, then...

They DON'T follow physics. They're using precognition, telekinesis, telepathy, electrokinesis, and Lord knows what else, and the Lightsaber makes even less sense - the only explanation that makes any sense whatsoever is it being a plasma chainsaw contained within a magnetic barrier. I really don't care about the Laws of Physics when I'm being entertained, though.

I don't think it depends on the actual sabers, it depends on your class and your feats/skills.

Obviously if you don't have the right ones, that particular saber isn't suited to you.

If it was a thread about 'coolness' it'd be the double saber. If it was a thread about 'which is more star warsy' people would pick single saber.

if its just saying which is the best, then it's biased, depending on what you prefered in the game, not what's true. Really, there is no 'best', it depends on the person. Isn't that how the saying goes? "An artist doesn't blame his tools."

They DON'T follow physics. They're using precognition, telekinesis, telepathy, electrokinesis, and Lord knows what else, and the Lightsaber makes even less sense - the only explanation that makes any sense whatsoever is it being a plasma chainsaw contained within a magnetic barrier. I really don't care about the Laws of Physics when I'm being entertained, though.

Don't forget that the lightsaber blade itself is completely weightless, making even less sense in regard to real-world physics.

Really, it's just better to completely disregard physics, and all science when watching Sci-Fi films. You'll actually enjoy it that way.

if its just saying which is the best, then it's biased, depending on what you prefered in the game, not what's true. Really, there is no 'best', it depends on the person. Isn't that how the saying goes? "An artist doesn't blame his tools."

i was about to say that ^^ but i was gonna word it different.

i also agree with Darth_ yuthara that i would ejoy a agame more if it used real lif phisiscs but i also enjoy that unrealistic slant of it where theres alot of real time in it but then i caracter does freakishly huge jump and attacks them =D

oh and by the way i didn't mean to make it out like i disliked the 2 blades as such because they were my first proper play through blades an i would never change that :evil5:

Archived