Home

Introduce Yourself

Gabez

I've noticed some new people have signed up for the forums, which is really great. If you've come here to get away from the drab politics of this rainy day Monday morning world, then you're very welcome. If you're here for any other reason, you're still welcome to stay!

I thought it might be a good idea to get to "know" people a bit better. Post your own profiles here, if you're new or not. And if you're reading this without a forum account, sign up now and introduce yourself! It takes two seconds and is completely free (well, not completely. Spaff technically gets to own your soul, but that's a mere detail that probably won't effect you until the afterlife).

I'm Gabez: slightly tall, slightly scruffy; brown hair, brown eyes, brown trousers. I like walks in the countryside, especially in woods and by the sea. I'm interested in history and my favourite author is either Philip Pullman or C.S. Lewis (talk about opposites...!)

Now you!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm resident whipping-boy Chris 'The Tingler' Capel. I'm currently in the grip of Indy Fever in the run up to the release of Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures, and I'm quite looking forward to the movie too. I'm taller and slightly browner in the hair and eye department than Gabez, but I tend to favour blue trousers.

I live within boulder-rolling distance of Gabez which shocked him immensely when I arrived on his doorstep wearing one of my many Psychonauts T-shirts begging for a job at Mojo. Graciously and with a close eye on that machete strapped to my thigh, he relented. We've never looked back.

Oh, favourite author: Douglas Adams. Even though I'm still mad at him for dying.

Hi, my name is Kroms and I am an alcoholic. Not really. I haven't cut my hair in five months because I'm too lazy, I have eyes that don't know if they want to be green or blue yet and switch between them, and I spend my free time with friends, or reading, watching movies, listening to underground or punk rock and gaming. I design video games as a hobby and I'm thinking of getting into this beast of an industry. And I started writing for Mojo (which I still don't believe) by...well I have no idea. I don't have a favourite author but I really like A Clockwork Orange and To Kill a Mockingbird, and I've read quite a lot over the years.

I'm Grant "GloKidd" Yeager, i obviously don't really glow and at just about 26 years i'm hardly a kid ;) I got the nickname during one of those seedy rave things that everyone was into a few years back. Basically i bought about 200$ worth of Glo-Sticks, activated and taped them all over myself and wandered around dancing (LSD may or may not have been involved :p ) and the nick has stuck ever since.

I too am a member of the brown hair-brown eyes club(although my eyes tend to change between brown and green a lot, technically making them hazel, or something) My hair is currently 2 and a half feet long and my eyes dont see too well. Im generally about 5'6" around the right people but have been told by others that there is no chance in hell that i am actually that tall so i guess its probably about 5'4"-5'5".

I spent most of the first half of my life dedicated to Monkey Island and the Martial Arts (the art'ish type, not competitive) purely so i could enforce my love of the game on anyone i ever met :p (almost totally joking here). Currently, like millions of other former film-students, i am a film-maker between jobs who loves to spend all his time online on forums and chatrooms. I love to read.

My favorite authors are generally within Sci-fi and Fantasy topped by Terry Pratchett and Matthew Stover. I most likely will get e-burned for this but i am a huge fan of the Star Wars novels, having read pretty much every one several times.

My current hobbies include collecting Lucasarts titles (specifically those from the MI series, My goal is to one day have at least one copy of all the myriad releases from all over the world) Re-discovering PC gaming through Steam, and enjoying the current lineup of consoles. Oh yeah i guess i like movies too :p

Hi! I'm Haggis!

Typical Dutch guy I guess, although there probably isn't such a thing. I study history, like music, hobbies include gaming and photography. Um, yeah. In short, I'm very exciting!

i'm queztone, dutch student in commercial economics! been around teh mojo for yearsssss and yearssss, aye that be true! i'm 24 years old and looking forward to upcoming summer! and new mojo stuff!

i used to be a huge fan, now i'm a mild worshipper of the Golden Age..

i lurk and i sometimes mingle within the frontpage news items and forums, i be watching you all.. ¬_¬

This is Sam! I haven't cut my hair in... seven or eight months (in your face Kroms!). I love "introduce yourself" posts, they are soooo much funnn. Well, no, not really. But, yes, they are. It's confusing.

I haven't updated The Dig Museum, in a longer period of time than my last hair update. I guess that's embarrassing and sort of annoying... and what about that Thrillville website? I haven't touched that since I made it. But I'll do all that... eventually (2048), as my love for mojo hasn't faded at all.

And what else... oh yeah, I choose Pepsi over Coke, whenever I can choose. Very important. And basically that...

You didn't introduce yourself, Sven_Q45!

Remember Thursday? Or Wednesday evening. Wait until Thursday, or so.

Introducing:

Mh, just played Dott in 29. 8) My record was 23 min! It´s ca. 7 years ago. Without ScummVm and the "fast modus".

This is Sam! I haven't cut my hair in... seven or eight months (in your face Kroms!). I love "introduce yourself" posts, they are soooo much funnn. Well, no, not really. But, yes, they are. It's confusing.

I haven't updated The Dig Museum, in a longer period of time than my last hair update. I guess that's embarrassing and sort of annoying... and what about that Thrillville website? I haven't touched that since I made it. But I'll do all that... eventually (2048), as my love for mojo hasn't faded at all.

And what else... oh yeah, I choose Pepsi over Coke, whenever I can choose. Very important. And basically that...

I'm aiming for seven months.

COKE FOREVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but i have you both beat at going on three and a half years :p

My last haircut was a razor special, shaved heads are way easier to deal with :) I definately get tempted very often to lose it all again but then i stop and think "How the heck am i going to do my LeChuck impression that way?" and decide to grow a beard instead. I also have always wanted dreads, so i keep the hair for it, i want to do it right though as incorrect or lazily formed locks can really be gross.

And Coke for life, waters for chumps :p

I'm sorry but i have you both beat at going on three and a half years :p

And Coke for life, waters for chumps :p

Considering the current lengths of my hair, I'd set a new record if I kept it for three and a half years lol.

I drink around 3 ltrs. of water a day. God I love that stuff.

I live at the bottom of the world in New Zealand. Married for 9 years, 3 kids (7, 5, 3). I work from home (freelance graphic design, website design) most of my clients being in the NZ Music Industry. I worked at Sony Music before the merger with BMG, so picked up a lot of contacts through that. I turn, ulp, 37 later this year.

Working from home means it's me who looks after the 3 year old and runs the other two to school etc.

I've dabbled in game modding, writing comprehensive tutorials for Jedi Academy & Lego Star Wars character skinning and working on the Dark Forces mod for Jedi Academy.

I also worked for 10 years in the wine industry (including abandoning a Masters degree in Oenology as I couldn't be bothered finishing my thesis - got all my papers though, so equivalent to a postgrad diploma, I guess). Worked in a number of NZ wineries, plus Geyser Peak near Sonoma in Northern California.

With the kids we don't get out to the movies much (though Indy will be a definite exception), and I tend to start reading books and then never finish them (much like my gaming habits).

So I watch a fair bit of TV, loved Flight of teh Conchords when that was on a few months back. Currently really liking 30 Rock and Lost.

That sounds pretty nice jp-30 - working from home would be a godsend for me. There's quite a few bands I like from down-under, but they're all from the 80s - Flying Nun-type bands.

Anyway I'm twenty-three, just finished a degree in english language w/ creative writing and I am currently looking for a place to live with my girlfriend, so we can save up some cash and go travelling.

Waitohooru here. 29 years old, and believe it or not, I have autism. I have a tendency to go into emotional outbursts from time to time, so if you freak out by one of my posts, I understand. I currently have a part time job at the Perkins School For The Blind in Boston, Massachusetts, where I do volunteer work rewinding books on tape.

Oh, my real name? Well, my first name is David, but that's all I'll tell you for now...

Archived