Home

Sex captor fathered daughter's children

Nedak

I agree, but no amount of "wife beats" would make me stand by while my family were raped and tortured for 20 years, but its pointless arguing the toss, our thought's should be with the poor victims of this atrocity whether the wife is innocent or not

We(I?) are getting far off topic, so could a mod do some magic?

what? less costly? Numerous countries have thrown money, activists, and troops at Africa for decades and it hasn't improved

And countless people have been saved by different kinds of aid/"development support". I agree that a huge amount of cash has been wasted on Africa, though that has to do with how the money is spent. Besides, several African countries have experienced god growt by western standards, though compared to much of Asia/Latin America they are low.

Not to mention that politics with China and international businesses with no moral scruples like DeBeers are preventing the situation from improving as well.

I'm not sure if China has been bad for Africa as a whole. All that investment sure helps a lot, and in the end I think it more than makes up for the downright horrible stuff it has done there.

Billions have been invested in Africa and none of that has been repaid, either in simple improvement of standards of living or in mitigation of violence.

A bit harsh are we, though in general I agree, most of it hasn't been repaid, though I atribute this to poor management rather than Africa itself.

frankly, stopping a "richie" from offing himself would be far less costly than trying to "save" Africa

Of course, 1 rich person is obviously cheaper to save than 680 000 000 Africans. But how many mosqito nets/condoms/seeds/goats/kilos of fertilzer/etc can you get for the price of all the "thrill seeker" rescue misions for instance?

It's crazy. :( I mean he incarcerated his own daughter for 24 years and had 7 children with her, and the three oldest of them never saw any daylight until now. They had to watch how their mother had been raped over and over again and giving birth to their siblings, without any help from anyone. She even taught her children over all those years.

We(I?) are getting far off topic' date=' so could a mod do some magic?[/quote']

Lol, wrong topic?

On topic however, I'm not sure if it said so in the article I posted, but it said that they were down there so long that their hair started turning white.

It is a horribly grim story, a tragedy; but mob justice despite the grave nature of this man (and perhapswoman's crimes) is not the answer. He should be locked up and never let out, the family will need counciling. He should be tryed, but do not let revenge cloud your thoughts, and do not allow you to do equally vile things to him; mans inhumanity to man, is a horrible constant.

With regards his wife, did she know? I don't know, I do think however the majority of people do bury their heads instead of facing the truth infront of them. Was all the evidence infront of his wife to reveal what was going on, the daughter missing and a locked cellar door no-one can go in? Sispicious in the extreme? But facing upto this, I think proved too much for his wife, did she know deep down? Quite probably, but didn't want to face upto it, for what it could mean. At least that what I think; if you would judge her, but can most of you honestly tell me you don't bury your head?

When my teenage boys ask me about the Fritzl case I make no apologies for my reply. They are obsessed by the details: by the alleged innocence of Fritzl’s wife Rosemarie and the profoundly disturbing notion of a mother standing by, doing nothing, claiming not to know, powerless to help, as her child is raped and bred in captivity; by the fact that, as in a horrible dark fairy tale, nobody heard the cries and nobody came, as the years and decades ticked by, even though lots of people must have seen a man wheeling barrowfuls of food to an apparently empty basement and even though it must be hard to install a metal door weighing several tonnes single-handedly. And by the fact that the story is pitch-black, with no redemptive anything: no good person, no hope, no happy ending, nothing.

From.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/india_knight/article3867821.ece

It is a horribly grim story, a tragedy; but mob justice despite the grave nature of this man (and perhapswoman's crimes) is not the answer. He should be locked up and never let out, the family will need counciling. He should be tryed, but do not let revenge cloud your thoughts, and do not allow you to do equally vile things to him; mans inhumanity to man, is a horrible constant.

With regards his wife, did she know? I don't know, I do think however the majority of people do bury their heads instead of facing the truth infront of them. Was all the evidence infront of his wife to reveal what was going on, the daughter missing and a locked cellar door no-one can go in? Sispicious in the extreme? But facing upto this, I think proved too much for his wife, did she know deep down? Quite probably, but didn't want to face upto it, for what it could mean. At least that what I think; if you would judge her, but can most of you honestly tell me you don't bury your head?

From.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/india_knight/article3867821.ece

I agree with your reply. It touched me. It was spoken like a true Jedi(I just couldn't leave that last bit out, sorry)

This story really disturbed me when I read it. I can't even begin to imagine the trauma and abuse that woman suffered at the hands of her own father! And those kids that were born because of this monstrosity! I hope that man gets the harshest punishment the law can give

I agree, but no amount of "wife beats" would make me stand by while my family were raped and tortured for 20 years, but its pointless arguing the toss, our thought's should be with the poor victims of this atrocity whether the wife is innocent or not

I agree with Jae here.

First of all, the whole point to what she was saying is that he was an abusive man. She said that if he was abusive then he kept her from going into the cellar, which in turn kept her from knowing.

The point we're arguing is whether or not she knew, not whether or not she stood by him as she saw it happening. (But if he was abusive enough, and if she was damaged enough, that might have even happened.)

You'd be surprised at some of the psychological afflictions people can cause one another.

I think that she was an abused woman, and truly didn't know that her husband was keeping her daughter.

_EW_

I agree, and I understand there were unknown circumstances, I was just pointing out that within a few posts discussion had turned to what seems like a healthy womens possible emotional, maybe physical abuse, when there is a women and three children trying to adapt to a life that isn't a dark cellar, Rape and torture. Anyway thats just my opinion be yours what it may :)

My post's weren't really directed at anyone just my thoughts on the matter

Sick. It brought immediatly to mind the old case with that also austriac girls that was kidnapped by her teacher.

Unlikely, Three of her "missing" Daughter's Children were brought in to the Upstairs family... he built a hatch leading to the basement behind the cooker? she must be completely oblivious or she Knew

As you can tell, the man is a good liar. He simply told his wife that her "fugitive" daughter sent them over night to live with the grandparents.

• 2 weeks later...
oh please, you can only take hearing about another 10,000 Rawandan kids dying before you stop caring. I gave up on Africa long ago, yes, I am aware of the problems over there, but many of the problems over there can be helped by fixing problems here. If people would start paying attention to their own country instead of others then we might actually get something done.

Frankly that seems like a selfish attitude. There are many reasons Africa is in the situation it is in, but some solutions do exist. The world screwed Africa over with large loans that came with strings attached, and when the projects these loans were to finance fell through they had no way to repay them. Since their governments are under such pressure to repay their economies are under strain. They have to sell off crops to repay loans making it difficult to even feed their own people, let alone fund improvements to infrastructure and social programs. In such conditions is it really so unexpected that there would be political and social chaos?

Rwanda was a tragedy, and a failure on the part of the UN and the US. To say you don't care about Rwandan children dying, for whatever reason, is just heartless. Can't we care about our own children and the children of Africa at the same time? We should prioritize, yes, but to give up on Africa completely is just irresponsible.

ETA: Oh, and yeah, the story about the sex captor is just sick. I can't imagine how someone could do that to another person, let alone their own daughter.

• 4 weeks later...

Full story

Intro:

VIENNA (Reuters) - The eldest daughter from an incestuous relationship between Austrian Josef Fritzl and his daughter who he kept locked in a cellar for 24 years has been revived from an artificial coma, hospital sources said on Tuesday.

Fritzl kept his daughter Elisabeth locked up in a secret, windowless cellar in the basement of his house, where she gave birth to seven of his children. Three of the children were kept locked in the cellar with their mother.

"The patient Kerstin F. was brought around from her artificial coma and was able to leave the intensive care unit a few days back," the hospital in Amstetten said. "The patient is still in need of intensive medical and therapeutic care."

Archived