Home

[Fic] This is Our Way

This is Our Way

by The Source

Shifting through the pages of the past can reveal certain truths. When I first entered this archive, the air was thick with mildew and dampness. As I walked through the torch lit room, particles of dust aimlessly darted to nowhere. Along the length of the stone walls, wooden shelves were filled with aging chronicles. If someone were to touch the oldest texts, the hidden secrets of the past would crumble away. Even though the knowledge of the old ones laid waiting, the stories within these books have been deemed forbidden. According to my former master, the Jedi deliberately ceiled this portion of the enclave. Anyone caught reading from the chronicles will met the harshest of consequences. Padawans and Apprentices have speculated to what was inside, but no one has ever dared to challenge the wisdom of a Master. After several centuries of not being disturbed, I was the first to invade the contents of this stone vault. Several years have passed now, and I have returned to the place where I was born. Spending time in this room was rewarding. Consuming the ancient knowledge of yesterday has brought me clarity. Within keeping to the traditions of our founding fathers, I have passed the secrets of this room to my apprentice. As I now sit in meditation, my hands start to tremble from old age. Even though I am strong in the Force, I cannot escape the passing of time. Over the last several hours, my breathing has been filled with pain. Stretching out to the Force has been long and complicated. While sitting with my eyes closed, the sounds of my surroundings slip away. After a few hours of peace, my hands start to fill with a wet substance. Something has gone terribly wrong and searing shocks of pain project from my chest. Upon opening my eyes for answers, streaming lines of blood can be seen escaping from within. In an attempt to stop the bleeding, I place my hands across the wound. Within a matter of moments, I fall onto my back to find relief. Gradually, the silhouette of another hovered above me. I barely stretched out to the Force, but I managed to sense the stranger’s dark core. After realizing what had occurred, I began to grin with the greatest of pride. Upon the place where my dark heart was born, my apprentice has taken his place as the Dark Lord.

Archived