Home

Iron Man Movie

narfblat

First, a question: Why wasn't there already a thread for this?! Too busy playing GTA4? Go watch it now, and for the love of sweet merciful crap, stay through the credits!!

I watched this 2 days ago and was thoroughly impressed. Definitely one of the best superhero movies. The main complaint I heard from a reviewer was something he wouldn't have said if he had stayed through the credits. :)

Oh, by the way,

I am Iron Man!

I never read an Iron Man comic in my life, but the movie was bad ass! I saw it last weekend. I really wanted to see it due to it being directed by Jon Favreau,(a confirmed comic buff) and staring Robert Downey Jr. The trailers sold me, and the final product wound up better than I expected. It is good to see Robert Downey Jr., back in the spotlight again, and he was perfect for this role, and really MADE the movie as well. Jeff Bridges was no slouch either. I would not mind going and seeing this one a second time.

Was the most brilliant comic book movie in a while (I'd say since Batman Begins) It found that perfect balance where it didn't take it'self too seriously while still staying away from the cheese which made it just plain enjoyable. I mean with Spiderman, he's all whiny and they got their fair share of overacting, the X-men turned all emo and lame and the Hulk was just plain terrible. This was Batman Begins quality where I can't think of a single thing I didn't like about it. Great dialogue (downey jr. really did make the movie) great action that kept the focus on the character rather than the explosions, and a really good story.

Saw it twice in two days. Would definately see it again.

I need to start learning that lesson. So, someone tell me what happened.

Samuel L. Jackson is waiting in Stark's house and says he is Nick Fury, director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Says Starks not the only superhero and is now part of a bigger universe. Says he wants to talk to Stark about the Avenger Initiative.

Just your standard leadup into the sequel really. good stuff for sure

I’m not a big fan of superhero movies, so naturally, I walked in thinking this movie was going to be fairly average. However, I quite enjoyed it despite my reservations.

My only beef with this movie? They only played the start of Black Sabbath’s ‘Iron Man’ in the credits. But then…I left after that, so maybe they played the whole thing after.

I think it’s worth seeing this one, for those of you who haven’t.

Robert Downey Jr. will be making a cameo appearance as Tony Stark in the "new" Incredible Hulk movie coming out next month, apparently. Probably something to do with the "Avengers". (Sorry, I never read any of the comics so I really don't know much about all this, so pardon me for a lack of knowing what the **** is going on. :p)

I thought it was pretty awesome, but somewhat underwhelming because I was expecting a lot more awesomeness when I first saw the trailer. Even though the dialogue, editing, direction, performance, all of it was top-notch, the story felt rather shallow. It felt like a cartoon episode or a comic book story arc more than a movie, I'm afraid. :(

As a movie I liked Speed Racer more than Iron Man, but Iron Man was still kickass. :D

Excellent, excellent movie! Just the right amount of tounge-in-cheek humor (except for the end...) and flashy action scenes.

El Jack makes a great casting for Nick Fury, because Mark Millar, the creator of the Ultimate version of the Avengers, modeled all of the Avengers after various known actors, with Nick Fury as, you guessed it, Sammy himself. ^^ [Tony Stark was made after Johnny Depp]

Oh, and best Stan Lee cameo ever? =D

Archived