Home

If Revan & Exile were to appear in 3: Idea

selty

There is a debate I have noticed on the if of Revan and The Exile returning from the Unknown Regions. If they do, what will they look like? So here is my idea:

I'm sure it's not that difficult to figure out. You would start off with a conversation about the two to determine whether they were male or female and if they were LS or DS. Then, the appearance. Having the game recognize a save game from older games has been done before...can't give you an example but I do think it is quite possible.

Or, if there is the chance we could play as all of them, then the answer would be obvious.

Any comments?

p.s sorry if this has been done beforehand :toilet1:

Yes basically we would only have 1 unknown for the game because either Revan or the Exile would be the PC, and you design how they look before you start.

As for the other, it wouldn't be too difficult to determine it from a conversation or maybe even a prompt to choose the face.

Thankyou for the reply Gurges!

I never thought of a prompt, kind of like just before Revan/Exile appear, a character sheet comes up. Nice, me likey. It also gives new players an exciting thing for them, I suppose.

That's true - I hadn't thought of that. And there would never be a voice that was deemed acceptable because most people just really like to complain and believe it should be how he or she sees it in his or her own mind.

So the character that isn't the PC has no voice, only text. I wonder how the writers would get around that and still keep the story cohesive... Maybe Revan and the Exile are on opposite ends of the galaxy and only communicate by blackberry... :)

I agree - it would definitely be easier - but I think Revan has a larger following than the Exile and many fans would be upset by the decision to keep the Exile as the PC.

However, if the game is well put together and has a great story, I think it will be ok either way. There will always be some fans that are pissed off and impossible to please.

I'm sure few would object to Rino Romano voicing Revan again. After all, his voice was used in the original game (I'm not sure who did female Revan).

I agree with you, Gurges. I think the developers should put more effort into making a good story than pleasing possessive fanboys. As long as the voice is fairly neutral, there won't be too much of an impact. Also, they might remove the face problem by having Revan wearing a mask or a large hood (as he was wont to do in his years as both Jedi and Dark Lord) and having the Exile either having an appearance that is either totally unrecogniseable (for example, by brutally scarring her or turning her into a proto-Nihilus) or by having her, as suggested, selected in a police-style photofit sequence...

I say just give them actual faces and be done with it. If Revan has no face, no lightsaber, and no appearance whatsoever, then there was no point in saying that he was light-sided or male, nor would there be any point in the player choosing what he or she did previously.

I can understand the Revan mask thing, but not the Nihilus mask. I mean, how does that make sense? Besides, the Exile can't be wearing Revan's skull, so that's not an option.

For me, neither makes much sense.

Why would Revan want to be remembered of his past self that much? Wearing that robe again would be the best way to have that.

As for the Exile, that was an idea related to the speculation regarding him/her and Nihilus being the same person. Again, that would only make sense if he/she was set as darksided.

And onto the mask being Revan skull... that wasn't even implemented on the game. Wasn't it you that didn't consider cut-content as canon?

Yeah, Nihilus Mask being Revan's skull was an idea that didn't make it into the game, and Kreia's dialog describing Revan's venture outside of the galaxy did, so I think it's safe to believe Revan is still alive.

I don't really mind the mask idea for both of them so much, but it would only really be necessary for one since one of them would be the PC, right?

This will probably be unpopular, but I think both players should die and be martyrs.

Realizing the dark side isn't the way to save the galaxy, Revan goes off into the unkown regions to face the true sith alone. He gets killed and that's when T3-M4 finds the exile. She attempts to finish Revan's mission and destroy the true sith one and for all (last remaing members of the sith species and their followers), but she too meets her end (Between the exile and Revan the wiped out all but one, the last member of the sith species).

Perhaps you're an ex-mando wars veteran, recruited (via some plot point, haven't figured out the details. This is all purely hypothetical, i.e. winging it) to search for them/destroy them (depending on DS/LS choices taken early on), and as someone who has seen them both you, perhaps via some sort of selection screen in the form of a database or something, inform your superiors (whoever they may be) what they look like, thus creating a situation where you do in fact choose their appearance/alignment, whilst still being rather more subtle (if only slightly) than shoving an erroneous character selection screen in your face.

Possibly?

edit: Just saw the posts about voice acting.... I'd say you can't go wrong with Rino Romano/Jennifer Hale as already done for Revan, and just rope in someone like Kelly Hu for female exile (Because I love her voice :xp: ) and someone reasonable popular for the male, because I think it doesn't really matter how they sound as long as its done well...

Woo, this i the longest post i've made in months. :xp:

Archived