Home

If Revan & Exile were to appear in 3: Idea

selty

The vision of Revan on Korriban was how the Exile remembered Revan from his past - as Dark Lord of the Sith. If the canonical ending is used, Revan turned back to the LS before leaving the known galaxy to fight the True Sith. So I don't think he'd attack the exile unless provoked.

And I would think the Exile has a newfound respect for Revan after learning of his quest to fight the True Sith from Kreia, so she'd have no reason to attack either (unless provoked).

This could all be changed though if the game allows you to choose whether Revan and the Exile are DS or LS based on K1 and K2.

The vision of Revan on Korriban was how the Exile remembered Revan from his past - as Dark Lord of the Sith. If the canonical ending is used, Revan turned back to the LS before leaving the known galaxy to fight the True Sith. So I don't think he'd attack the exile unless provoked.

And I would think the Exile has a newfound respect for Revan after learning of his quest to fight the True Sith from Kreia, so she'd have no reason to attack either (unless provoked).

This could all be changed though if the game allows you to choose whether Revan and the Exile are DS or LS based on K1 and K2.

Well let's see: Revan made her the sacrificial lamb; she was recruited by Malak, as opposed to Revan (though it may not hold much merit, considering Malak wanted her dead later and Revan couldn't be everywhere); the Exile was the only (known?) Jedi who didn't take up in Revan's war against the Republic following the Mando Wars...

But most importantly, Revan went through great pains covering his tracks in an attempt to have no one find him. Not his lover Bastila, not his loyal soldiers Carth and Canderous, not HK-47. I think voicelocking the nav comp and selectively deleting HK-47's memory (I say selectively because he does reveal quite a bit to the Exile). It wasn't Revan who sent T3-M4 to find some sort of help, either.

And also, one thing to keep in mind is that the Revan currently in the Unknown Regions isn't necessarily the former Republic soldier who became a Jedi (in OOU terms, Revan in K2 isn't necessarily Revan at the end of K1). Now I'm not saying that Revan may have returned to the dark side, but he most likely will be somewhat different than what most people will expect.

Also, how important did Revan consider the Exile to be?

This will probably be unpopular, but I think both players should die and be martyrs.

Realizing the dark side isn't the way to save the galaxy, Revan goes off into the unkown regions to face the true sith alone. He gets killed and that's when T3-M4 finds the exile. She attempts to finish Revan's mission and destroy the true sith one and for all (last remaing members of the sith species and their followers), but she too meets her end (Between the exile and Revan the wiped out all but one, the last member of the sith species)

That's actually a great idea. It makes much more sense for something like that to happen than them both surviving.

To figure out the genders, faces, and (for the exile) names:

Revan: maybe during a conversation between two future party members, one might say that revan turned evil (again) and you will have the option of running around as revan in updated robes with his traditional mask.

as for the exile, you could be a sort of security guy logging info into a computer and you have to choose all his info such as gender, face, and name.

(if someone already said this, im sorry. i didnt read every post lol)

I don't think that woul go over well. I think it woul make the first too games feel pointless if the main characters are both already dead by the start of the third game.

Why would the first 2 games be pointless? Revan destroys the star forge and the exile finds the "lost jedi."

• 2 weeks later...

You may learn that Revan and Exile fought. Revan's canon refers to a Jedi male, and Exile's canon refers to a Sith female. Either they had a love interest, and one of them killed the other. One became a Sith Lord, and the other became the apprentice. Or, they both became Jedi, fought against the threat in the Unknown Regions, and then died in the process.

• 2 weeks later...
You may learn that Revan and Exile fought. Revan's canon refers to a Jedi male, and Exile's canon refers to a Sith female. Either they had a love interest, and one of them killed the other. One became a Sith Lord, and the other became the apprentice. Or, they both became Jedi, fought against the threat in the Unknown Regions, and then died in the process.

I thought the canon ending in Kotor2 was Exile=Female/LS, not DS.

It says that on wookiepedia, at least.

But I think it would serve the story better if they just flat out tell you that Revan was male and returned to the light, and that the Exile was female and was Light side as well. It could be cool if played as either Revan or the Exile again maybe right at the beginning. You start off with an epic battle against the True Sith Lord as either one, or both in the party. This True Sith is so powerful that he/she drains both characters of their powers and nearly kills them(or kills one, captures one maybe?). You somehow escape and start off relearning force powers(not entirely, maybe you start off with very little powers, or at least already have the force unlocked).

You return to the known universe meet up Carth and the Republic and inform them that the True Sith lord could not be defeated etc. and he's planning on destroying/conquering the galaxy.

I dunno, just thinking out loud.

I thought the canon ending in Kotor2 was Exile=Female/LS, not DS.

It says that on wookiepedia, at least.

Exactly--it says it on Wookieepedia. :xp:

According to Mr Chee, there is no canon ending of K2 just yet.

I think that cannon should be completly irrevevant to their appearances in a third game. Whatever they pick will be disspointing to the maority of and AND chooisng differences in them will add replay value.

In any case, yes, I think they should hold off on canonizing K2 until after K3. And it appears they think so as well. :p

One should note that the post which Cart used as "evidence" is dated βefore the Exile's gender was determined.

Bah, that must be the wrong link. Let me find the right one...

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=152583&start=1005

There we go.

What do want them to say, "There is no canon ending to this game so we can't say anything about it"? :lol:

Yes. :xp:

Really, the game ends the same no matter which side you pick. There was no need for them to splatter light side options all over the article.

• 4 years later...

It's necro time! I just wanted to point out an obvious flaw in the thinking that the masked idea wouldn't have worked for light side players.

For me, neither makes much sense.

Why would Revan want to be remembered of his past self that much? Wearing that robe again would be the best way to have that.

As for the Exile, that was an idea related to the speculation regarding him/her and Nihilus being the same person. Again, that would only make sense if he/she was set as darksided.

Does anyone really think two people would have taken on a whole army? I don't think so. The best way to beat the true Sith would have been to infiltrate one of their factions and instigate a civil war from within. I think that's what Revan ended up trying to do, by teaming up with Scourge.

So light side Revan and Exile would also have been wearing the mask and robes. If you don't agree with that, then how do you propose how Revan was fighting the Sith all that time? I just hate how the canon Revan was portrayed in the MMO.

Instead of that, we could have had a masked Revan and Exile (wearing the mask of Nihilus, as Avellone said he intended him to be the Exile's other half) fighting the true Sith. The player could have selected Revan and the Exile's gender and alignment and the game could have taken place a few years after TSL, not 300 years later. Way to go Drew, way to go BioWare. Oh well, what's done is done.

Archived