Home

How do I extract a dlg file from KotOR

JMF

Hi...

I'm trying to take a look at the actual dialogue trees from KotOR.

So far I've got that to view a dialog tree, you have Use the KotOR tool to extract the *.dlg files from the RIMs and/or from the template.bif. (BUT I have no idea how to do that).

Apparently I can then open up the dlg file in DLGEditor...

So... how do I extract the dlg files from KotOR please? Is there a specific editor that I'm supposed to use from the tools dropdown in the KotOR tool?

I'm totally new to this, so I haven't got a clue which steps to begin with...

thanks guys.

JMF

Alright, I'm gonna use this example:

You want to view a dlg tree like atton's, or bao-dur's?

I'm not sure what that means. Are those names from KotOR and I've forgotten them?

I'd like to access one of the dlg files from the original game.

• 6 years later...
Hi, I have this question, too. I assume those disappeared images would have answered it, haha. Would someone mind explaining?

(I'm searching specifically for Carth's main dialogue tree.)

It's pretty simple. So, what you'll to do in Kotor Tool for K1 is to go to BIF's>Templates>Dialog> then click on whatever one and extract the file. Then, open it up in the DLG editor, NOT THE ONE FROM Kotor Tool because that one is horrible! Or, if you can't find what you want in there, go to the RIM's and search in the Modules. Go to the module that you want, and choose the module that has the "_s" at the end, then click on the dialog plus sign. There's all the dialogs in that module.

Archived