Home

Most appropriate planet order?

HaveFallen

Hey all,

I just started my first game with this and i"m heading for Telos on the Ebon Hawk.

Before I to my first planet out of my own will, what planet should it be? And what should be after and etc. I would really love it to be canon but I doubt that since I can't find any info.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually play in this order:

Nar Shaddaa

Dantooine

Onderon

Korriban

Onderon revisited

The end game

I don't know is this canon, but I like to play it in this order. Whatever planet you choose to be first, remember to visit Dantooine early on. There is nice cave for lightsaber crystals!

Before I to my first planet out of my own will, what planet should it be? And what should be after and etc. I would really love it to be canon but I doubt that since I can't find any info.

I usually do:

Dantooine (get the crystal, and Disciple if not having Handmaiden)

Nar Shaddaa

Dantooine (the rest of it)

Dxun/Onderon

Korriban

Dxun/Onderon revisited

Dantooine - Railroad to the End

I don't think there is any "canon" way of doing it, since the sequence really doesn't make much difference for the story overall. It's mostly up to the player's choice and how early you want to get certain party members, a lightsaber, your special crystal etc. :)

Nar Shaddaa

Dantooine

Onderon

Korriban

Onderon revisited

The end game

Just change Onderon for Dantooine and that'll be my order.

But as Stoffe said, there's no particular canon or right path. The game is balanced so that the enemies will always put a fair fight.

I chose the 2nd most popular option from that poll: Nar Shadaa, Dxun/Onderron, Dantooine, Korriban

I think you can choose to go Dxun/Onderron revisited before the last planet choice, but I did it after. It just made more sense in my head to do it that way.

I chose my order based on a recommendation from the Prima Official Game Guide.

I prefer NS, Dan, Dx/Ond, Kor, Dx/Ond as well. Nar Shaddaa first because you get Mira/Hanharr, HK, and G0-T0 once you're finished, and an added bonus is that you can make Atton a Jedi halfway through, and Mira a Jedi once you get her. Then Dantooine in order to get the crystal and Disciple if Exile is female (you can make him a Jedi right away as well). Then Dxun/Onderon, with Korriban in between the two parts.

But it doesn't make much of a difference. It's really a matter of preference. The only thing I'd advise against is going to Korriban first, since you can't enter the cave until level 15.

I most always do this: Dantooeen, Nar Shaddaa, Dxun/Onderon, Korriban.

Nar Shaddaa is second only because I find G0T0's warship a pain in the Djibouti if you're comerads(and yourself) have no expierence. (Or at least a lightsaber among them.)

I prefer to go to Dantooine, Dxun/Onderon Part I, Nar Shaddaa, Dxun/Onderon Part II, Korriban, mostly for roleplay reasons.

Dantooine is first because my PC, Isan, always considered it home, and she hasn't seen it in almost ten years. Then we do Dxun next because it never made sense to me that Colonel Tobin would be firing on the Ebon Hawk, and identifying the ship as the Ebon Hawk, if you've already been to Nar Shaddaa and changed the transponder code/ID signature (not to mention all the bounty hunters you meet on Onderon). Then we go to Nar Shaddaa, and Korriban last because I play LS and I can't imagine Isan wanting to take her newly trained Padawan's to that dark side hell, without a little more preparation.

I prefer to go to Dantooine, Dxun/Onderon Part I, Nar Shaddaa, Dxun/Onderon Part II, Korriban, mostly for roleplay reasons.

Dantooine is first because my PC, Isan, always considered it home, and she hasn't seen it in almost ten years. Then we do Dxun next because it never made sense to me that Colonel Tobin would be firing on the Ebon Hawk, and identifying the ship as the Ebon Hawk, if you've already been to Nar Shaddaa and changed the transponder code/ID signature (not to mention all the bounty hunters you meet on Onderon). Then we go to Nar Shaddaa, and Korriban last because I play LS and I can't imagine Isan wanting to take her newly trained Padawan's to that dark side hell, without a little more preparation.

Actually...Dxun/Onderon part II is the true dark side hell. Your companions would actually walk into a Sith Lord's tomb without your guidence.

My path is a bit strange...

Nar Shaddaa, Dxun/Onderon, Dantooine, Dxun/Onderon again, Korriban

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know is this canon, but I like to play it in this order. Whatever planet you choose to be first, remember to visit Dantooine early on. There is nice cave for lightsaber crystals!

I might have a canon first planet, but it could also just be a bug.

I encountered a bug once and talked to the Zhug on Goto's yacht. - Mod Bug - That mentions the Zhugs on Dxun - Which probably is a bug since I hadn't done Dxun yet -. Which means that maybe you should go to Dxun first. It would be logical too, since you don't have to go back to planets for the Mandalorians.

Don't believe it happened? Look at my POTD here.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/potd/101691x#1551444

To the rest of you: Do you always do the planets in the same order, no matter what? I ask this because if I do the planets "out of order", I feel like I did something wrong and need to start over.

Yeah, I always do it in the same order. With K1 I switched the order of Kashyyyk and Tatooine after a couple of playthroughs, but I've done it the same way ever since. K2's order I haven't changed at all. I might try doing it in order of module number next time (Nar Shaddaa, Dxun/Onderorn, Dantooine, Korriban) just to try something different.

I encountered a bug once and talked to the Zhug on Goto's yacht. - Mod Bug - That mentions the Zhugs on Dxun - Which probably is a bug since I hadn't done Dxun yet -. Which means that maybe you should go to Dxun first. It would be logical too, since you don't have to go back to planets for the Mandalorians.

Well, I believe those dialogue options were cut, and it was just one line (something like "Didn't I meet your DEAD brothers on Dxun?"). Whereas if you do Nar Shaddaa first, you get some nice dialogue on Dxun if you have Mira, and I believe Hanharr has a bit of dialogue during the whole beast escape sequence on Onderon. Though I've heard that Obsidian originally planned for Nar Shaddaa to be part of the endgame sequence. I guess they cut this early on, since there are a few global quests that wouldn't make sense if Nar Shaddaa were last. Plus, what's the point of getting two new party members on the final planet?

Then we do Dxun next because it never made sense to me that Colonel Tobin would be firing on the Ebon Hawk, and identifying the ship as the Ebon Hawk, if you've already been to Nar Shaddaa and changed the transponder code/ID signature (not to mention all the bounty hunters you meet on Onderon).

I always assumed that Tobin was able to spot it the good ol' low-tech way. The ship has a pretty unique look, so one wouldn't need to know its ID signature if they had a good enough description, and we already know that at least two of the Exile's enemies know what it looks like (Atris and Sion). And we know that Tobin was allied with Nihilus, who was allied with Sion. So the colonel could have gotten its description that way, or, the Hawk's description was one of the things that Atris broadcast all over the galaxy, along with the Exile's name and appearance (oh, and the fact that she'd lost the Force). Or both.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking things. ;)

I usually play in this order:

On one hand, cave on dantooine supplies lightsaber crystals, visiting it early can get your personal crystal and some other crystals to increase your power.

On the other hand, the quality of the trophys you get increases as you become higher in level. Visiting it late means you can get better crystals. So either way it is good.

My order tends to be;

Dantooine; Most logical place to go if you are looking for Jedi...

Onderon/Dxun; Having fought there in the Mandalorian Wars my Exile wants to confront a few Ghosts from his past;

Korriban; Having met with Sith on Onderon, my Exile decides to take the fight to the Sith and heads for their home world.

Nah Shadaa; Last location of the known Jedi Master, here last as had no reason to head there earlier.

Nah Shadaa; Last location of the known Jedi Master, here last as had no reason to head there earlier.

...except for Atton's constant urge to hit the Red Sector. :p Hey, he's flying the ship, so he probably gets some say in where the ship goes. Oh, wait, T3 has control over the navicomputer, and T3 hates Atton. So Nar Shaddaa would be last, wouldn't it? ;)

But seriously...there actually was a good reason to go to Nar Shaddaa first...before it was cut; the False Batu quest was supposed to end with the player finding out that the base of the GenoHaradan was on Nar Shaddaa, and I'm sure the Exile would be interested in stopping a cult of Jedi-killers who had their sights on her.

As an ex-Jedi that has just gotten his/her force power back, Nah Shaddaa offers a place to lay low and get your bearings. You also know by then that bounty hunters are on the exiles trail and Nah Shaddaa, with its criminal element, offers a logical place to starting finding out why.

To me, Nah Shadaa is the most logical first planet. While Dantoonie is the most logical place to find a Jedi, the Exile’s lack of abilities and force powers means it is the most logical place to be the Exiles demise. After all, wouldn’t bounty hunters and the Sith also assume that Dantoonie is the most logical place to find the Exile.

Not heading to Korriban, a Sith planet, till Exile is better prepared.

Onderon/Dxun; Having fought there in the Mandalorian Wars my Exile wants to confront a few Ghosts from his past;
Totally agree, but again is the Exile prepared to face his/her past so soon. The Mandalorian Wars cost the Exile his/her force ability. Would he/she be willing to risk that ability so soon knowing what was at stake?

The population of the planet of Nah Shaddaa offers a better chance to hide among the masses. The planets criminal element means that people don’t ask a lot of question. If they do they end of dead. Many small ships coming and going provides cover for the Ebon Hawk to land unnoticed. Merchants offer the ability to upgrade equipment. Atton suggested Nah Shaddaa and the Exile’s first impression of Atton should be that he is a survivor.

My Preferred order is:

Nar Shaddaa

Datoonie

Dxun/Onderon

Korriban.

Dantooine (get the crystal, and Disciple if not having Handmaiden)
If I had to take Disciple, Datoonie would be my last planet visited, but thanks to a unnamed kind and talented human being among us that created Handmaiden Choice Mod, I can do Datoonie 2nd. ;)

I do think this definatly comes down to *your* Exile's Charachter, mine's a fighter and not a runner.

...except for Atton's constant urge to hit the Red Sector. :p Hey, he's flying the ship, so he probably gets some say in where the ship goes. Oh, wait, T3 has control over the navicomputer, and T3 hates Atton. So Nar Shaddaa would be last, wouldn't it? ;)

But seriously...there actually was a good reason to go to Nar Shaddaa first...before it was cut; the False Batu quest was supposed to end with the player finding out that the base of the GenoHaradan was on Nar Shaddaa, and I'm sure the Exile would be interested in stopping a cult of Jedi-killers who had their sights on her.

As an ex-Jedi that has just gotten his/her force power back, Nah Shaddaa offers a place to lay low and get your bearings. You also know by then that bounty hunters are on the exiles trail and Nah Shaddaa, with its criminal element, offers a logical place to starting finding out why.

To me, Nah Shadaa is the most logical first planet. While Dantoonie is the most logical place to find a Jedi, the Exile’s lack of abilities and force powers means it is the most logical place to be the Exiles demise. After all, wouldn’t bounty hunters and the Sith also assume that Dantoonie is the most logical place to find the Exile.

Oh, I don't disagree, in many respects Nah Shadaa is the most logical planet to go to first, however I did say MY Exile ;) As such he would hit Dantooine first; the academy he was trained at, and reminds him of his homeworld of Alderaan.

Totally agree, but again is the Exile prepared to face his/her past so soon. The Mandalorian Wars cost the Exile his/her force ability. Would he/she be willing to risk that ability so soon knowing what was at stake?

My Exile, would, would yours; only you can answer. :)

Archived