Home

Most appropriate planet order?

HaveFallen

I do think this definatly comes down to *your* Exile's Charachter, mine's a fighter and not a runner.

[...]

Oh, I don't disagree, in many respects Nah Shadaa is the most logical planet to go to first, however I did say MY Exile ;) As such he would hit Dantooine first; the academy he was trained at, and reminds him of his homeworld of Alderaan.

Point taken. Actually, my Exile IS a runner, but my Exile wouldn't pick that planet order; that's the order that I pick, mostly due to game mechanics.

My Exile would do Dantooine, Korriban, Nar Shaddaa, and then Dxun/Onderon. Dantooine and Korriban come early on because the Exile is searching for Jedi and Sith archives for any information as to how she lost the Force, how she got it back, and how to get rid of the bond with Kreia, while trying to hide from the Sith, Exchange, and GenoHaradan. After Korriban she decides to stop running and start fighting, at which point she heads to Nar Shaddaa to find Zez-Kai Ell and take down the Exchange and Genoharadan. Then it's off to Onderon to find Kavar; this planet comes last because my Exile isn't quite prepared to face Dxun again, though after the vision on Korriban she is.

Anyway, like you said, it depends on whose Exile we're talking about.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats the joy of RPG's :) and is always interesting to hear the different routes different people take their charachters in :)

Point taken. Actually, my Exile IS a runner, but my Exile wouldn't pick that planet order; that's the order that I pick, mostly due to game mechanics.

Aye, unfortunatly that does come into things, I'll be interested to see with TSLRP if you can play Onderon/Dxun last.

Indeed :)

I would think every ones Exile in TSL was a fighter and not a runner. Some use brawn to run straight into danger and others use brains to maximize their lethal potential. All must fight in order to complete the task at hand.

Since the goal is not only to get the full potential out of the PC, but the NPC allies too. I find Nar Shaddaa a more suitable starting point in order to get the fiery little redhead bounty hunter. Same could be said for going to Datoonie first and getting Disciple, but I don’t want Disciple in my party. My Exile considers him a party pooper.

Aye, unfortunatly that does come into things, I'll be interested to see with TSLRP if you can play Onderon/Dxun last.

I think they're restoring the bit about having Nar Shaddaa enforced last...but I could be entirely wrong, since I have absolutely no involvement with the restoration whatsoever. Maybe someone who's played the beta could shed some light...

Come to think of it, I should try playing it in the order that my Exile would. I haven't actually done that. I've heard that doing Dxun/Onderon last is kind of funny, because as soon as you land on another planet you get a message from Kelborn, and one dialogue option is along the lines of "What do they want now? I just came from that rotting hell-hole!". :D Or, as someone else put it...

...the Exile's line is to the effect of, "But like, I totally just left. Now you want me to come right back? Bogus!"

My Exile is apparently a surfer dude.

Since the goal is not only to get the full potential out of the PC, but the NPC allies too. I find Nar Shaddaa a more suitable starting point in order to get the fiery little redhead bounty hunter.

I was always gutted she wasn't a romance option, as she was to be frank the only one I would have been interested in romancing, c'est la vie.

Indeed. That's the main reason I do Nar Shaddaa early; Mira has some great dialogue throghout the whole game, especially on Dxun. Canderous and G0-T0 (and Hanharr, probably...never actually used him) don't say much, and Canderous is central to the plot, so all of his good dialogue shows up when your party is gathered or you have to take him with you. Mical has a few words, though, but he's as dull as Bao-dur.

I always assumed that Tobin was able to spot it the good ol' low-tech way. The ship has a pretty unique look, so one wouldn't need to know its ID signature if they had a good enough description, and we already know that at least two of the Exile's enemies know what it looks like (Atris and Sion). And we know that Tobin was allied with Nihilus, who was allied with Sion. So the colonel could have gotten its description that way, or, the Hawk's description was one of the things that Atris broadcast all over the galaxy, along with the Exile's name and appearance (oh, and the fact that she'd lost the Force). Or both.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking things. ;)

Okay, maybe. :xp: But it's a little stupid to have Kreia and Atton having their private "discussion" in the cockpit, after they crash on Dxun with Mira standing right there listening in. :rolleyes: It just looks stupid. And honestly Mira's dialog on Dxun isn't all that great, IMO. :xp:

Same goes for when I play female characters and Mandalore's standing there while Mical and Kreia are talking about the "web of worlds that have died". I just looks stupid.

Mical has a few words, though, but he's as dull as Bao-dur.

You know it's funny I've never found Mical and Bao-Dur to be boring, especially Bao-Dur when you have max influence with him. And he's fun to take along on Dxun/Onderon Part I and on Dantooine. :xp:

Anyway, I still like playing the planets in the order I mentioned earlier.

I was always gutted she wasn't a romance option, as she was to be frank the only one I would have been interested in romancing, c'est la vie.
Always felt that way about Bao, myself. :cry8: *sigh*

You know it's funny I've never found Mical and Bao-Dur to be boring, especially Bao-Dur when you have max influence with him. And he's fun to take along on Dxun/Onderon Part I and on Dantooine. :xp:

I like Bao-Dur, purely as he's the only member of the party I'd trust, the rest have clouded pasts, and a few axes to grind. Only time I've played female I was DS, so didn't get too much out of the Disciple.

Always felt that way about Bao, myself. :cry8: *sigh*

It was an unspoken romance, full of tension ;)

Okay, maybe. :xp: But it's a little stupid to have Kreia and Atton having their private "discussion" in the cockpit, after they crash on Dxun with Mira standing right there listening in. :rolleyes: It just looks stupid.

:rofl: That's happened to me before. Doesn't happen every time, though.

And honestly Mira's dialog on Dxun isn't all that great, IMO. :xp:

Hey at least she has dialogue, unlike some people. :xp:

:rofl: That's happened to me before. Doesn't happen every time, though.
Don't know what game you're playing because it's happened to me every single time. :(

least she has dialogue, unlike some people. :xp:
Meaning Bao-Dur right? :xp: If that's the case, he does have dialog on Dxun and, unlike Mira, on Onderon, too. :D I was really disappointed the Mira didn't say boo on Onderon expect: "She's my bounty back off!" or something like that to the twi'lek bounty hunter. :rolleyes:

Don't know what game you're playing because it's happened to me every single time. :(

It's only happened to me once or twice. Usually my problem is that Kreia doesn't leave when she's supposed to (happens on the way to Telos too), because the shoddy AI gets stuck trying to turn around the corner.

Meaning Bao-Dur right? :xp: If that's the case, he does have dialog on Dxun and, unlike Mira, on Onderon, too. :D

Well, everyone has some dialogue on Dxun (for instance, they all comment on what you decide to do with Whatshisface who got outsmarted by a cannok). Mira has more than most, though (the thing with the Zhug brothers, her advice about the mines that...well, wasn't really helpful, and a few other things...oh, and not to mention her "if they do a cargo search, we're in big trouble" comment :D).

I was really disappointed the Mira didn't say boo on Onderon expect: "She's my bounty back off!" or something like that to the twi'lek bounty hunter. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was disappointed too. Even G0-T0 speaks up a few times (to tell the hunters that the bounty is off...which doesn't really help in terms of XP and items--including a visa--and to screw around with the droid merchant's head).

Anyway, what were we talking about? Oh right...all this dialogue stuff proves that Nar Shaddaa definitely was not always intended as the final planet, since Obsidian had plenty of time to add all those Mira, G0-T0, and Hanharr reactions. (Well, Mira was originally intended to join on Peragus instead of Atton, but that was probably cut even earlier.)

... I was really disappointed the Mira didn't say boo on Onderon expect: "She's my bounty back off!" or something like that to the twi'lek bounty hunter. :rolleyes:

Well, she does have a few more lines than that. If you take the task of removing the three captains, she has a few lines (2 or 3); when you have to escape the cantina she cautions you about your weapons of choice; if you decide to encourage Ponlar, but hang back, she has a comment; she makes a comment or two when you're confronted by the twilek merc; she might even say something if you use the mind trick on the gaurds at the space port. On Dxun she makes the trail comment, the Zhuggs, about a mando body outside of a sealed cache, assorted comments in the tomb of Freedon Nadd and maybe some others I can't quote recall. Sometimes whether a party member makes a comment is dependent on who the other member is. That's unfortunate, but could probably be corrected if you want to edit dialogue files.

She about the three captains quest? Didn't know that. Also, I'd forgotten about the riot scene--everyone has comments there, I believe (and influence increase/decrease, too). Same with mind tricking the guards (happens every time you use mind trick...though for this one Canderous has some comment about how you should tell them to forget you were there, in addition to the usual stuff).

Oh, and you get a comment about which weapons to use in the cantina from everyone (from your non-Canderous party member). Though it doesn't make a difference if you actually use grenades, since you can't actually kill the non hostiles. :rolleyes:

Oh, and there can't be any dialogue dependent on another party member on Onderon, because you have to take Canderous everywhere on that planet. ;)

And Mira also has some gripes about running into Mandalorians (just one line), and I think she has some stuff to say before you enter the Mandalorian cache, but I might be wrong.

She about the three captains quest? Didn't know that. Also, I'd forgotten about the riot scene--everyone has comments there, I believe (and influence increase/decrease, too). Same with mind tricking the guards (happens every time you use mind trick...though for this one Canderous has some comment about how you should tell them to forget you were there, in addition to the usual stuff).

Yeah, he does advise that before entering the city. As to everyone making a comment every time you use mind trick, I don't recall that being the case, but it does happen in a number of instances.

Oh, and you get a comment about which weapons to use in the cantina from everyone (from your non-Canderous party member). Though it doesn't make a difference if you actually use grenades, since you can't actually kill the non hostiles. :rolleyes:

True, but then all that paperwork....:D

Oh, and there can't be any dialogue dependent on another party member on Onderon, because you have to take Canderous everywhere on that planet. ;)

Here I was thinking more in a general sense (both KOTOR & TSL).

And Mira also has some gripes about running into Mandalorians (just one line), and I think she has some stuff to say before you enter the Mandalorian cache, but I might be wrong.

Yeah, her or Kreia as I recall. Also, I think she fires off a comment about the dead scout near Kelborn. As to the Mando caches, she comments on the body at the smaller cache and after you use the explosives to enter the bigger one.

Oh, I don't disagree, in many respects Nah Shadaa is the most logical planet to go to first, however I did say MY Exile ;) As such he would hit Dantooine first; the academy he was trained at, and reminds him of his homeworld of Alderaan.
Just thought of another reason to travel to Nah Shaddaa first. Nah Shaddaa allows you the chance to change the Ebon Hawk’s transponder code. No use allowing every low life in the galaxy the ability to track the Hawk’s every move.

Just thought of another reason to travel to Nah Shaddaa first. Nah Shaddaa allows you the chance to change the Ebon Hawk’s transponder code. No use allowing every low life in the galaxy the ability to track the Hawk’s every move.

Someone said it before, but I always find odd that Tobin is still able to detect the Ebon Hawk nevertheless.

Psst, it's Nar Shadaa.

As I said before, he could have just had a physical description. :p

Indeed, I've read that much too. But considering ship to ship comm usually takes from thousands of kilometers of distance, it'd be odd if someone actually saw them on the space, instead of just detecting and checking it's ID. It's even more odd when we consider the number of ships held at orbit on Onderon, why would they be checking visually ship by ship?

Indeed, I've read that much too. But considering ship to ship comm usually takes from thousands of kilometers of distance, it'd be odd if someone actually saw them on the space, instead of just detecting and checking it's ID. It's even more odd when we consider the number of ships held at orbit on Onderon, why would they be checking visually ship by ship?

Not that I think you could do it (think Helicpoter looking for a person); its very hard, but Vaklu, Tobin et al, were itching for a fight with the Republic, and were searching for any old excuse, so they would have been monitering everything much more carefully.

Why not? Ever play TIE Fighter? All you have to do is use a targeting/scanning computer to cycle through all vessels in the area until you find the ship you're looking for. If the name of the ship won't help, then look for the proper class of the freighter (in this case a Dynamic-class freighter).

And remember that the Hawk was stuck in traffic for a while; I bet Vaklu and his cronies staged the blockade knowing that the Exile was headed for Onderon, tipped off either by his Sith allies or Atris.

As TKA-001 said, it wouldn't be difficult to pick out the Hawk, considering that it's of a rare class of ship. And as Totenkopf said, the general probably had all his manpower searching for the other general. ;)

Archived