Home

Why Force Unleashed is not for PC

I think they will make it for PC as well, after waiting a few years. They've no real excuses, and the PC is definitely not dead.

The PC dead????????????:confused:

It is living in high grounds man. In my country there are ONLY pc gamers. This PC gaming thing is kinda new too us, but it developed quickly in the last 3 years- I'm a gamer from like 5 years. But believe me, I know like 30 guys who would buy this.

You know, they would make like 400.000 sales only here, in a country-Romania.

It is just a stupid excuse, but I can't find why won't they do this for PC too?

Wow!!! I say this will be the worst sold game from LA EVER!!!!!

I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dev7::dev7::dev7::dev7:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a total and completely arrogant assclown to give those kind of responses in an interview. When I played JK the original, I had the absolute garbage computer and had to lower my settings to pixelized bare-minimum, but I could still play the damn game.

Not everyone has 600 bucks to shell out on a 360 or PS3.

Although *ssclown is new, mind your words please :)

Upgrading your PC to a duel core gaming PC (which I recently did) cost more then buying a PS3. Duel Core seems to be the MINIMUM requirement for more recent games.

Plus, JK is from way back. Times change :(

Eww, not JK4. Haven't they driven the stake in far enough to that game series? :lol:

I was gonna add LSW:NJO to that list after reading a thread in the RC forums as well with a similar idea, but realised no one here would probably get the reference. Twas meant to be a joke, since I completely agree that JK is dead.

To powerfull for the PC? Thats a joke right. So what if older PC games can't run it? They can't run half the games that come out. Oh well, better no game then a half baked 360 port. Actually looking at some recent PC ports we'd end up with a half baked PS2 port *shudders*.

I've seen so many Xbox 360 ports fall so short they'd fall off a cliff. And the game going to go onto the PS2 no less. If any PS2 games were ported to the PC at any moment. Anyone with XP and a graphics card made in the last 5 years would be able to play them.

I was getting all stocked to be able to to play this and then I read this thread that says no PC game. Will I guess Lucas is going to be loosing money as I don't own any consoles other than my Nintendo 64 and Atari 2600. And I don't plan on buying any in the foreseeable future. So I won't be getting this game as I am not going to buy a new console just to play it.

• 1 month later...

Oh God. Not again.

First of all, the Wii, PS2, DS and PSP versions do not have fantastic graphics of the new physics engines. And, I’m sorry, but last time I checked Bioshock and Crysis and all the other game that have PC versions don’t use these new engines that require insane amounts of processing power. In fact, the amount of processing power required is why the new engines are only on the 360 and PS3. And I agree that the $4000 thing is an exaggeration, but the point he is trying to make is that a 360-quality version would be unplayable on low-end PCs (which are definitely out there). If they made a watered-down version to compensate for the lower technology, you guys with higher-end PCs (which are also definitely out there) would complain about that because you cannot possibly be satisfied with anything. And you guys aren’t even considering every factor that goes into this decision because all you care about is yourselves. There are deadlines and budget restrictions. They simply did not have time to accomodate everyone’s demands, so they decided to appease the console owners, who in this day and age are beginning to outnumber PC gamers. Like it or not, businesses don’t care about all their customers. They only care about whichever customers will put the most food on their tables. Because that’s what business is for: to make money to support yourself so that you can survive. So just snip appreciate what you have.

Please tone it down a notch, Ryazan. You can get your messages across just fine without resorting to name calling and inflammatory statements - Rhett

After seeing and playing the Demo.. The reason for not having this game on the PC is extremely EXTREMELY OBVIOUS!! its a total arcade game.. so much, enemies even have health meter bars above their heads.. yep..

These type's of games NEVER EVER make it to a PC, let alone this game.. this game is marketed towards 13-18 year olds..

I've seen so many Xbox 360 ports fall so short they'd fall off a cliff. And the game going to go onto the PS2 no less. If any PS2 games were ported to the PC at any moment. Anyone with XP and a graphics card made in the last 5 years would be able to play them.

Have you experienced the graphics in TFU yet?? when you do, you will realize why it will be played so easy on the PS2..

My commodore 64 could probably run the game

As a metter of fact, I've been following the game for a good year. And there are many arcade games on the PC. Hell, I have the whole '80s arcade collection on my computer now. The genre makes no difference.

As for the graphics thing, take a good look at Guiter Hero 3 for the PS2 and PS3. That right there should win me the arguement. Even then, the PS2 version is going to be bar bones. No extra levels, no multiplayer period.

To those complaining about not having a PC version when the PS2, DS et al are getting a version, i'd like to point out that those versions are being developed by different companies so that they'll work for their respective systems.

I have a feeling that if they could, there would be a PC version. There will probably be a version out in a year or so.

To those complaining about not having a PC version when the PS2, DS et al are getting a version, i'd like to point out that those versions are being developed by different companies so that they'll work for their respective systems.

I have a feeling that if they could, there would be a PC version. There will probably be a version out in a year or so.

They gave their reasons already for not doing a PC version, and I doubt they're gonna switch their stance in a year given what the reason was.

Archived