Home

What i a good prefession

jvsizzle

Depends on what you want.

Bounty Hunter - Really strong in offense and defense, ranged attacks. A good choice if you havent played one yet.

Commando - Ok offense and defense, ranged and AoE attacks. These guys are fun.

Officer - Group buffs and de-buffs for your enemies, moderate ranged damage. A really fun and much needed profession, probably the most diverse profession in the game, i just started playing one and i love it.

If you want to be like me, i like being the oddball out. Im a spy - massive ranged damage and even higher melee damage. A lot of people hate spies because they cant handle us and see us as an annoyance. Most fights as a melee spy last a couple seconds because they never see you coming while you're in stealth, then you crit them like crazy before they can react and then they die, ranged spy fights last a bit longer, involves keeping your enemy at a distance AT ALL TIMES and doing as much damage as you can. If your enemy doesnt die you just restealth and dissapear and they're left on their toes wondering if and when you will strike again. Its completely gorilla warfare, spies take out key opponents and everyone else picks up the pawns. Most people in the game have life long grudges against spies for raping the hell out of them and therefore it is kinda hard to get into a group to run anything, but you can do perfectly fine in any instance, i was running instances with a bunch of 90s when i was level 60 and did more dps then them. But it is a wait game, you stay in stealth 24/7 because usually you are always active duty, there's no real reason for you not to be. You run around trying to find people to gank, sometimes something will look good and youll start to sneak up and then something will happen and youll miss your chance. Its all a wait game. Buts its fun to mess around with templates and gear to make the different types of spies, wether it be pvp crit ranged or melee, all around crit ranged or melee, dot attacks, pure stealth (really hard to kill stuff with this set-up), you can be a defensive spy since they have abilities to miss almost every attack launched at them...but then you really wont have anything to do other then play the role of a fly during large scale battles, but they do have a way of pissing people off, because in a battle you unstealth and everyone thinks "SPY, KILL IT!!" and they attack you with no end while the rest of your group kills them.

As a ranged spy you can kill almost anything, i was killing lvl 80s when i was lvl 60, and thats with them having buffs + ent buff and powerful gear and me having nothing. I was also soloing krayt dragons at lvl 50. Its kind of a god profession if you know what your doing, and if you PvE pull only 1, pull 2 and your gonna be restealthing.

Melee spies are a bit harder, you have to get in close so stealth plays a big role, then you have to be able to kill fast while keeping close to them. You also have no major defense, so the guys that i killed with the ranged template....i get raped by them with melee. If your PvEing with a melee spy you have a tendency to pull multiple mobs since your in close range, it makes it very frustrating.

If you choose spy go full ranged while you level and then switch to melee if you want when you get to lvl 90, makes it A LOT easier.

But play what you want.

Archived