Home

Invisible characters in 3D Hardware Acceleration mode

Arch Evil

Hello everyone. I haven't found a clear answer in any of the other topics, so I'm just gonna put a new one right here.

When I play the game with hardware acceleration off, I can see Manny like normal, but when I try to turn it on, he becomes partially invisible, only visible sometime when I'm moving, but most of the time he's just completely invisible! :/

Of course, I could play the game without 3D hardware acceleration, but with a 17 inch widescreen monitor, that's just plain hideous -_-

- I've installed the patch

- I'm (unfortunately) using Windows Vista (Home Premium edition)

- Running it with Windows 95 or Windows 98/ME compatibility doesn't change things

- My videocard is a GeForce 7600 GS

This is what it looks like without 3D acceleration:

hideousns7.jpg

Trust me, pretty horrible seeing that fullscreen on a 17 inch widescreen monitor -_-

And Manny is invisible if I turn 3D acceleration on. Except when he's moving, when he looks a little something like this:

partea4.jpg

So... any suggestions?

(and no, please don't try to be funny and smart with answers like "use Windows XP instead" but at least try to HELP me here :D )

errr. it doesnt work for me either way.

in software rendering mode, i see manny twice (in wrong positions, upper right and left of the screen), and every movement causes some kind of smearing effect.

with hardware rendering, i have the same problems arch evil has - manny's textures dissappear, sometimes partially, sometimes i cant see him at all.

system specs:

cpu: amd athlon 64 3200+

mb: asus a8v-vm

ram: 4x512MB ddr400

gra: nvidia geforce 7600gs

i think that bug might have nothing to do with the windows version used.

so, is there anybody knowing a fix to that?

thanks in advance.

Archived