Home

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

The Tingler

First let me open by saying - Wait... what?!

No, I'm not just linking to a weird Ballet forum for the sake of it, seems they got themselves a rather unique prize... and confirm some recent speculation on our part! It came before my news posts, so unless these people frequent TheRaider's Indy Video Games Forum's 'New Indy Game Info' thread they might know something we don't!

And if you want more proof, here's someone's resumé. This guy seems to be working on the PSP version of the game for Amaze Entertainment! His blog has some concept art and a video for what I assume is it, but it's locked...

Oh, and any other Indy 2008 chat, perhaps to do with that rumoured title, would be cool too! We can resurrect this thread whenever we need it...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you guys have seen this video before. I certainly haven't. One thing I didn't know, between all the lies (so it wasn't just Jim Ward!), is that it has actually been confirmed for PS2 and DS, which I thought was just a rumour.

"Why's it taking so long? Because it's loading technology from the future!!"

He was talking about the loading screen, but it works well anyway...

Good find, Tingler.

In a way I'm actually glad they let Indy take backseat, because it's obvious that otherwise it would have been a Euphoria and DMM showcase above all else. With STFU now playing that role, the company is/will now have experience with the technology that will let them implement it in Indy in a way that serves the game at least as much as it serves, well, the attitude on display in that video.

Yeah, agreed. I'm also happy they're taking the time to do a proper game rather than unimaginative technology masturbation, which is all the earlier trailers showed.

Grand Theft Auto 4 has already shown everyone the excellence of Euphoria anyway, so it'll force them to make the game itself stand out rather than rely on the fancy tricks.

I've had a bit of an update for IndyJones.net, especially on the page for the new game.

My favourite new additions in this update are Videos for every single Indy game (this one for

is either weird or cool, can't tell!) and the first of many History sections for the Information page of each game.

The first is on the Staff of Kings that Indy will be hunting in the new game. If you go to that page it's about halfway down. As you can see, it's a pretty good one really! Snakes? The Ark of the Covenant? The power of God? Can it be any more Indy?

I'm particularly happy with this picture. If you want to know why the Staff is so cool, just check this out:

staff3.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Some guy posted this on the Gamespot forum at the time of the early June layoffs:

My friend was a lead designer on the Indiana Jones game and was one of the ones laid off yesterday.

Even if this game doesn't end up being outsourced, I can't imagine the fact that it's apparently had multiple changes in its core team over the years will bode well for the final product.

It's a real pity. Despite everything that LucasArts had done, I really had hope for their internally developed games. They seemed so full of hope, optimism and the desire to make good story-driven games. Then in one fell swoop they manage to axe those dreams entirely.

It's not even fair to blame it on the EA-mind of their new president - EA have many internal development teams. So what the hell made them think that firing most of the workforce they'd patiently trained for the last few years was a good idea?

Archived