Home

Is SWG a good game?

blasterbob

Hello all, and thanks for reading. I’m a long-time WoW player who has been thinking about SWG for quite some time, but had reservations due to the many negative reviews the game has received. I’m curious to hear from some of the veteran players about the game, specifically concerning that which I mention below. I am not looking for a comparison to WoW or any other MMO, but more a reflection on how you feel about this game. I understand that the game is getting better, from what I’ve read anyway, so I’m glad to hear that. I am familiar with the trials the game has undergone since the release of the CU and NGE; I was terribly sorry for all the players who had to live through that. I am hoping the game designers learned a few things from that, however. So if you are inclined, please give me your objective thoughts concerning the game in its current state. Thank you all in advance for your input. There’s no better source for a potential new game than the players who devote their time and effort to one.

1) Is it difficult to find groups?

2) What profession is most lacking on the average server and which is the most plentiful (Jedi I’m sure)? I don’t have any preference toward tanking, dps or healing classes in particular, as I have played all three through end-game in WoW. My primary concern with SWG would be seeing the content more than one-shotting players in PvP combat, so I would like to roll a profession that would be very useful to groups on the average realm.

3) Is it difficult to solo most of the leveling stages, or does the game focus more on group play? I realize this may be profession-related, as some professions have an easier time with mobs than others (or so that is the case with WoW; for example, a Hunter or Warlock in WoW has a much easier time with mobs than a holy-spec priest or paladin does). I’m curious how this game handles the leveling stages, as most long-time mmo players know it isn’t easy to find groups, especially if you need to find them for almost everything you do.

4) How buggy is the game, and how responsive is the in-game support?

1) Depends upon the server you join. There are dead servers, like my mains server of scylla, which you will never ever find a group. On the more populated servers, like Bria, there is plenty of people to team with.

2) Medic is one of the most needed professions in the game for grouping and they do generally lack on servers, Officer is another much needed profession when grouping since they help buff your group and de-buff the enemy. The other professions do help in groups but not as much as those 2 and you can find any of the other professions in mass numbers, except for a spy, you wont find many of them at all because most people dont invite them to groups. Makes me want to /cry

3)There is the main quest line which is called the Legacy Quest chain. It is not hard to solo all the way through it, and youll end up at or around lvl 50 when your done. After that I would recommend going to Kashyyyk since the missions start at level 30 there and go all the way to level 80 group missions. After that go to Mustafar to get all the way to 90. During Kashyyyk and Mustafar youll need a group for a lot of the missions. But as a medic or Officer it wouldnt be too tough to find someone willing to help you level up and become friends with you. Just make sure that as soon as your done with the beginners tutorial and your in mos eisley, go to the cantina and get an XP Entertainers Buff, learn about Ent Buffs and keep one on your character at all times, with the XP buff you can get to level 90 pretty easy, if your like my original noob account who's done with most quests without using Ent Buff, youll be around level 80 when all the quests are done, and its not too fun grinding the last 10 levels. Dont forget to tip your Entertainer.

4) Not too buggy, same as any other game, if you run WoW you should be fine running SWG.

Archived