Home

which are the "fun" professions?

blasterbob

of the nine available professions, which do you guys rate as the most fun, from 1 blaster burn to five? I've been researching this for a while as I consider putting WoW on hold to try out SWG. I'm already convinced I'll start up a medic simply due to group demand, but a second toon...hmm...that one I just want to be fun. What do you guys think? Bounty Hunter maybe? Commando? Spy? Jedi?

Well ill put it out there and say Jedi is pretty fun, thats why most people are jedi's. You'll just be running into A LOT of your own profession. But its nice when you get to lvl 30 and get your first lightsaber and all the lovely sound effects and cool animations (did anybody else notice that the jedi multi target attack for the double bladed lightsaber is the same animation that the star wars kid did in his retard video?)

Bounty hunter is definitely one of my favorites, with the ability to crit like crazy and then you have shields and probes and if you get a jetpack you can fly around in your Mandalorian armor and call yourself the new Boba Fett.

Commando, my favorite part with them is the first few levels, when you can walk up to a group of mobs, throw 1 grenade, and kill them all. It is fun when you get heavy weapons, running around clicking everywhere and watching everything go boom! And then if you put on katarn armor or imp faction armor you can call yourself a clone trooper and do the whole military roleplaying.

You can always create a character and change professions later if you dont like it.

Well if you want a challenge, I'd go with Smuggler. It has the potential to be the most powerful profession but it takes way more practice to get good at it. You can't just spam specials all day because you run out of action. Melee smugglers can dish out a lot of damage. Pistols smugglers can be very dangerous to play since your specials tend to bring the house in on ya. I would recommend making a few macros though. I use one to target and hide the medic in the group(groups love me for this). I have another to do Off the Cuff, End of the Line and a special of preference(though after GU4 it'll be EOTL OTC Nerf Herder, and special of preference)

Archived