Home

Bad Week?

PR-0927

I was just on Wikipedia, and happened to see the recent news stuff:

* A series of bomb blasts in Jaipur, India kills at least 80 people.

* An earthquake (epicenter shown on map) measuring 7.9 Mw strikes Sichuan, China with over 19,000 people reported dead.

* Sudan cuts diplomatic relations with Chad, blaming it for helping rebels from Darfur to launch an attack on Sudan's capital, Khartoum.

* An international relief operation begins after Cyclone Nargis strikes Burma, with at least 100,000 people reported killed or missing. The Burmese military regime conducts a constitutional referendum days after the cyclone's strike.

* A tornado outbreak in Oklahoma and Missouri, United States kills at least 23 people.

* Skirmishes between supporters of Lebanon's government and the opposition erupt in Beirut.

It looks like a pretty bad freakin' week. Odd so many bad things would happen all of a sudden.

- PR-0927

Whoa, I thought I was the only one. I was actually just discussing this with my friend the other day.

There was also a huge volcano in Chile. I don't know if people were killed, but it's still kind of crazy to have a very destructive earthquake, volcano, and tornadoes all in the same week.

Archived