Home

Doubt about the Indy 4's quality

shadow_judge

I myself is a huge fan of Indy. I have watched the whole 3 parts since I was a kid, so when Indy 4 was announced, I was extremely exited. So did when two trailers of Indy 4 came out this year. I was/am really expecting to see Indy 4 at the local cinema

But, wait! The closer the opening day come, the more nervous I have. Several weeks ago - about 2 weeks - there are some pages claimed the had seen Indy 4, and write reviews. Mostly, they criticized Indy 4, and revealed that Mutt is Indy's son. I only read little of it, and I think that maybe it just a phony review, and those guys maybe didn't even watched it yet. Recently, on Slashdot, they have this post, but still, I hope they just make it out themself.

To tell the truth, I still feeling quite... doubt! I mean, look at Star Wars I: the Phantom Menace. The whole thing was a mess, in comparison with any movie in the Original Trilogy! I hope Indy 4 won't follow the same mistake that Star Wars I did. Good heaven, I want Indy 4 must worth 16 years of waiting! (since I first saw Indy when I was 2-3 years old

But hey, we got Steven Spielberg on the set! So does Harrison Ford! Those are the men that I could trust! We still got hopes...... and doubt..... :(

Don't worry, if you didn't like the movie the first time you saw it...see it again so you know what to expect, and it really is great. I thought it was merely decent the first time I saw it (midnight showing), and then I saw it later in the day again b/c I loved the action (story was different), and the 2nd time I saw it, I really appreciated the film as a whole.

The movie in itself was very well made, however. If there are any problems really, it should have to do w/ the story rather than quality...

^I don't know why? He's still kickin' some major @ss in the movie, so idk why it wouldn't be considered a "true" indy movie...it really is the same old Indy we know and love...every one of his movies has flaws here and there, but if you look past them, you realize that this is why you go to movies...the magic is definitely still there! *crosses fingers for ONE more!*

dude, Indi went x-files. I'm just waiting for an Indi IV trailer with the x-files theme playing in the background.

however, I still really liked the movie, despite the weirdness at the end. The CG was a little too obvious, but bringing a lot of the old cast back really was awesome. It's not raiders good, or even last crusade good, but maybe better then the temple of doom. I think this time lucas and spielberg did justice to my childhood, and I felt sad while watching the credits roll that this maybe the last.

As for my favorite scene, the absolute best part was the beginning when he's walking through the 50s generic house. I was in a WTF moment for a good minute until I heard the sirens and realized where he was.

before going to see Indy 4, i read some reviews and watched some... people hated the new one or loved it. it put me off a lil until i saw it! I Watched it. loved it. i wet myself (NOT WITH LAUGHTER) but coz i brought and drank my 4 large cokes, i would've gone to the toilet, but i didn't wnna miss a second of it! It was a brilliant film the endin was awesome... all of it was awesome! ONE MORE THING: DON'T LET REVIEWS PUT YOU OFF, IT'S THE REVIEWERS OPINION, THEY CANNOT SPEAK FOR YOU!!!

Archived