Home

LucasArts Collection on Ebay

madmardi

I'm not sure if this is frowned upon, but I wanted to drawn attention to the fact I'm currently selling a large portion of my LucasArts collection on eBay.

Anyone who is interested, a list of all the games, guides, and other random stuff I'm selling can be found here.

Some of the more notable items are:

Original Complete boxed copies of:

Maniac Mansion

Zak McKracken

Loom

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

DOTT

Sam & Max Hit the Road

The Dig

Full Throttle

Grim Fandango

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine

Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe

Their Finest Hour: The Battle of Britain

Official Game Guides for:

The Dig

Full Throttle

The Curse of Monkey Island

Grim Fandango

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine

Escape From Monkey Island

Psychonauts

The Adventurer #2 and #12

The Dig Novelization

and... (although it hasn't been posted yet)

an original Grim Fandango Push Pal toy.

Okay, sorry for the blatant self-advertisement, and thanks for looking!

Sure, I can scan the cover of Their Finest Hour. In fact, when I first bought a lot of these games I scanned all their covers... but then lost the files for some reason.

Is there any particular resolution you want... or any other scans for that matter?

You might think so, but PNG is only best if the file size is smaller (e.g. in simple diagrams or unaliased text), or if you care about exact reproduction - which is kind of moot if your image has come from a "fuzzy" source, like a scanner or a camera.

I'm a big fan of PNG when it's used appropriately, but I know when JPEG's best. This page sums it up well:

http://www.wfu.edu/~matthews/misc/jpg_vs_gif/JpgCompTest/JpgForArchive.html

Actually though, having managed to download the images now, I can see the provided quality level is more than good enough. The file sizes could have been lessened, but that's just spilt milk under the bridge now.

In response to why I'm selling them...

First of all, I really rather not. But honestly, they are all sitting in my room in a bunch of boxes... where they have been sitting for the last 3+ years straight. It's gotten to that time where I need to get rid of a bunch of my old stuff that I tend to hang on and collect, as the number of boxes sitting in my parent's house has mounded up to an unmanageable amount...

But, anyone who took a look at the games I'm selling should notice that there is a certain series that I'm currently not selling, and no, it's not because I don't own them, but rather that I couldn't bring myself to sell my favourite series of all time.

Plus, to be honest, right now I could use the money more than I could use my computer game collection

Oh, and I just wanted to mention that the Grim Fandango Push Pal Toy is now up on eBay (has been for a few days now). It is sceduled to end on Friday evening.

Thanks for looking!

Hey madmardi Id like to get a scan of the front of the DIG strategy guide if possible?

There looks like there might be a little more detail on that than the game box itself. 600dpi and jpg would do fine.

many thanks! It might help put a little more detail into the astronauts suits on the poster.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived