Home

Security Spikes?

ForeverNight

Alright... I've always had this problem in KotOR I...

HOW THE HECK DO YOU USE SECURITY SPIKES????

I never knew that you were able to use them until I played KotOR II.

So, unless that was an issue in KotOR I that wasn't fixed with the patch, any help would be appreciated.

~FN

Yup, in the K1 PC version they do squat. I usually make Mission my slave, churning them out ten at a time, and then sell the to Suvam when I'm low on cash.

In K2 they temporarily boost your security skill. Instead of using the security option on a lock, you can scroll up to the spike option and click that. It does the same the security option, but your security level is a bit higher. I think regular spikes give you +4, while spike tunnelers give you +8. But I could be entirely wrong; it's been a while since I've checked. You can only get security spike tunnelers from Kiph the hacker if you kill him. Or does he give them to you if you spare him? I don't remember. In any case, you won't come across them often. Regular spikes you'll probably get more than you need; I usually only have to use them about two or three times in the whole game (not counting the prologue). And that's only if I haven't gotten any nice belts through the random item generator.

Hmm, interesting, I never knew that. I don't have the PC version of either KotOR 1 or 2. How do you slice computers then? Is it the amount of skill points that you put into it?

Yes, of course.

Wait, don't confuse the security spikes with computer spikes. The latter works perfectly.

• 1 month later...
Sell them to Suvam. He gives you lots more money for them (moreso if you beat him at pazaak...ten times...grr...takes so long...). Same goes for the racing bonds you get if you race on Tatooine.

He sells things at a small discount when you beat him also, right?

Doesn't Mission make Security Spikes for you? One could sell them whenever you get them and keep asking her to make more.

He sells things at a small discount when you beat him also, right?

Yeah, it's...25% off, I think. But even without beating him, his prices are slightly better than all other merchants.

Doesn't Mission make Security Spikes for you? One could sell them whenever you get them and keep asking her to make more.

Yup. Only ten at a time, though. Grr...

Yeah, it's...25% off, I think. But even without beating him, his prices are slightly better than all other merchants.

Yup. Only ten at a time, though. Grr...

So after beating 10 times after 10 times in a row, he gives you more and more of a discount? Or does it only happen once.

Meh, "givecredits" is faster.

That's the alternative I usually use. :lol:

That's a good idea :lol:, if you don't pay back the loan on time thugs come after you.

And How much money would sir like to borrow?

After response

I see. Well, that is a rather large amount of money. We'll require collateral... your hyperdrive motivator should do the trick, Sir!

Archived