Home

No 'Force Unleashed' Multiplayer on PS3/360

Sorry if this is old news...

No 'Force Unleashed' Multiplayer on PS3/360

"To be specific, there's no multiplayer in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, because there is on the Wii, PSP, and DS. As far as specific reasons are concerned, we don't really like to get into the reasons why we don't do things because I don't think there's really a satisfactory answer that people would really be happy with. So, there isn't multiplayer and that's kind of how it is..."

And the game is supposed to be short, at that...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So dissapointed, isnt it even enough that the Wii has 5 extra levels, giving us the multiplayer wont stop people from buying it on the Wii or make people not buy it for 360 or PS3. They really need to put it in so many characters for the Wii.

173588-10-1.jpg

you guys know this would be cool, Cmon Put this on the PS3 n 360 versions

173588-10-1.jpg

Is that the Wii version? The graphics look...disappointing.

meh, star wars multiplayer on consoles was never that great anyway. KotOR and KotOR II didn't need multiplayer.
But the KOTOR series gave you more than 8 or so hours of gameplay.

I thinks it's gonna be awesome whether we get MP or not on PS3/360, but I think there (Hayden Blackman among others) are giving us to much hype to be honest... I mean statement's like "Your not gonna see the original trilogy in the same way after playing TFU" and "It's the next step in the Saga" are a bit of a stretch! Keep things in perspective Lucasarts! lol

It seems like whenever someone gets a chance to pop their head in on the development of this game and peel up a bit of info to share with us I'm continuously horrified by what's dredged up.

I'm not declaring outright that it will be this way but I think we should all prepare ourselves for this game landing stillborn in our laps.

Well adamqd while I do kind of agree this game is getting a ton of hype for all the let-downs we've heard of so far (no PC, no multiplayer, etc) it really is the next big thing in Star Wars, since this all has the approval of George Lucas. The story is supposed to be G-cannon.

I don't get it. Why should Microsoft and Sony be punished for having a more powerful system, and why should 360 and PS3 owners be punished for buying that system?

So far 360 and PS3 owners have had 5 levels and MP taken due to having a powerful system.

Well adamqd while I do kind of agree this game is getting a ton of hype for all the let-downs we've heard of so far (no PC, no multiplayer, etc) it really is the next big thing in Star Wars, since this all has the approval of George Lucas. The story is supposed to be G-cannon.
But as much as I like more story from the saga's creator, that isn't going to really interest me if the game is sub par. Worst case this game could turn out to be Star Wars' Enter the Matrix...

I am on the verge now. I love Star Wars, but Lucas Arts has been leading us along with a rope for a while now. This game may have an amazing story, but at the same time it will probably be lacking in every conceivable way. Thats just what Star Wars games (with the exception of Kotor 1 and 2, and all the X-Wing and Tie Fighter's) do. They offer so much, and tell you how amazing its going to be and then at the last second rip it all away. The fact that all the Jedi Knight games had multiplayer truly saved them. The story was mediocre to alright at best. This would have been alot better off with some kind of multiplayer. NOT a duel mode... a MULTIplayer. I despise duel mode, something like that will not make me buy two copies, nor will it make me rent the weaker Wii version.

That may be. But its hard to find the fun in duel mode. Especially since it doesn't ship with fun, and no amount of DLC could make a duel mode fun. So I don't see why anyone with a Wii is even excited to get a duel mode. The only thing I have found that duel modes do is breed resentment in the duelers. Especially if the one guy plays it all the time and is better, cause then its lopsided and one person loses all the time. There is no fun there. Duel modes suck plain and simple. I could see if this was a fighting game that having a duel mode would make sense. But this isn't a fighting game. They shouldn't have wasted their time and energy on a duel mode. No game should offer less then 4 person multiplayer. Why are we regressing when the technology that powers such things are becoming more powerful. People like multiplayer, give us multiplayer.

I think you take your games too seriously if you end up resenting someone because you lose...

And also, what does it matter whether this is a fighting game or not? What kind of game it is shouldn't make a difference for whether duel mode will be fun or not.

Archived