Home

Now that I have started a toon...

blasterbob

Thanks for all this great input you guys :) I started playing the complete online adventure. made a commando on starstrider. he's L10 now. My concern from the git-go with commando, however, seems to be in how you manage aggro in groups, as typically AoE attacks (well, speaking from a WoW perspective) tend to "Leeroy" the whole place--unless the group is in Chuck Norris X3 Super Armor that will be a wipe and a group of Pee-oh'd players. I'll probably have to be careful with that. On the other hand, I'm thinking if the commando profession keeps going like it is, quests that might suggest 2-3 players can probably be soloed pretty well with this profession (of course, my only experience so far is in the first 10 levels in the noob zone).

So, seems to me so far that a commando's role in a group is probably dps, but i think a smart player would be careful with some of the specials available to the profession in the name of proper aggro management (I prefer mobs thinking about the tank rather than me or the healer). Is that a pretty true thing to thinK?

Do you guys have any faction advice to give a new player? Rebel or Imperial

One other brief question if i might ask: is there a "general" chat channel most players use to just chew the fat? in WoW, for example, one can join the general chat channel and take part in a variety of discussions that are taking place in the zone you are currently in. It is vastly helpful. the chat log in SWG seems to be mostly just NPC talk...there isn't much player interaction going on.

Thanks for the help you guys. This forum is the best I've found for getting help quickly. Happy gaming!!

You always have to be careful of what you pull. The commando has a kill "ticker" the more kills you have the more damage you do, if you hit "U" to open your expertise window youll see skills in there that do more damage for every kill point along the left side. A commando is a form of tank though, you have a lot of health and armor, you just dont have the great healing capability of a jedi. Armor will be your friend, dps will be your friend, DoT attacks will be your friend and lots of them, ive seen commandos with macros to change weapons every few seconds to a different heavy weapon that does a different type of DoT attack, then they can stack the different DoT attacks and the enemy goes down fast.

Faction advice...id say stay out of a faction since your new, it is easier to get ranks if your a low level and you kill npc's of an opposing faction. But until youve really learned how to watch your back when your entering a city because a high lvl elite might be somewhere and spot you from a mile away, just stay neutral till you level up more and are able to escape a little more easily.

Chat - right click the tab that says chat or guildchat or combat at the top of a chat window, go to join chat channel. Find a channel that you want to join from the drop down menus. Unfortanetly not everyone uses these chats, so youll just have to play around and see if you can find one thats used, and if not, oh well.

Very well. thank you for the information. What level do you suppose would be ideal to join a particular faction--I'm anxious to get my piloting career underway, but i don't want to do it if i'm going to get ganked every time I enter a city. Thanks so much for your help.

Archived