Home

Coolest Video Game Villains

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Grand Master (the witcher)

*SPOILER*

Seriously, that cynical bastard is the saviour, his motivations noble, meaning you might say that in the end, Geralt is the villain

*SPOILER*

La Croix, Nines, Xiao (VtMB) All villains, all awesome.

Don't know about coolest, but one of the best in my opinion is Irenicus from Badlurs Gate 2. He's a badass but i always feel sorry for him at the end.

When he is exiled he lose his whole life, his feelings and evrything and all that's left is a great void and lust for revenge. He try to keep his feeling for the one he loved by making clones of her, but the emotion still fails. He's a sad soul that try to climb on to life, even if he dosen't show it in the game, and the only way to get back that soul is to take the players soul

Another one is the final boss in Planescape: Torment

The enemy is your own soul, your immortality that you lost. And all he want is to be left alone, he try to kill the nameless one and imprison him. I think it's intriguing

And Kane is always a favorite before C&C3 atleast. Think they made him to much into a fanatic there

To me the coolest villains are the ones that get some naïve pawn to do their dirty work. They receive all the reward and take no risk.

So my coolest villains would be:

Jade Empire

Master Li – Took years to train and prepare his student to meet his goal of revenge and betrayal against his brother. Even the knowledge that his own child was still alive could not persuade him from his evil goal.

BioShock

Fontaine – much like Master Li, Fontaine’s coolness come from the PC not seeing his deception coming. Unlike Master Li, thanks to science, Fontaine did not have to wait as long for his creation to come to fruition. Still that creation became his ultimate demise.

Now if we are just talking cool looking then Saren from Mass Effect wins hands down or perhaps my Niko from GTA IV. :D

Jade Empire

Master Li – Took years to train and prepare his student to meet his goal of revenge and betrayal against his brother. Even the knowledge that his own child was still alive could not persuade him from his evil goal.

Yeah, thats a good one also

Kreia, the most enigmatic villain I have ever encountered. I actually regretted her death, despite the fact her life ambition is pretty much 100% insane.

Jade Empire

Agreed. I was sooo shocked when it happened, despite my distinct bad feeling, I keep trying to tell myself otherwise. Meh.

Torio the enchanted lawyer from NWN2 sticks in my mind as one of the best "alternate" villains. Thwarting her plans was far more satisfying than most other "boss battles" (Apart from perhaps the final two fights). She also had a really nice jacket.
Beating her at her own game was one of the best moments in the game:p (bard with maxed diplomacy ftw!). I have to disagree about the clothes though. And she has a hideous in-game model, that poor sod. I always spared her though.

The weird semi-boss thing in Half-Life 1 that stood in the train tracks like area near the end of the Earth levels... (Prays that people knows what I'm talking about) I always thought that that thing was awesome... You can hardly ever defeat it and in order to get past it you seem to have to run around the thing to get where you're going.

Failing that, I'd have to say that Darth Malak has it... the only video game villain that I have seen who has ordered a planets destruction!

But, we don't want to hear about him, right?

Oh, and the final boss from Half-Life 1 was cool too... especially when beating it with a Crowbar...

• 2 months later...

Pasternak from AC6.

He had the god-mode plane and MILLIONS of these little flying UAV's that ticked me off to no end. But it was a worthy challenge on Ace difficulty, on top of trying to kill 30+ of the UAV's to get the S rank. But the cutscene before the level kinda made me feel like a dick for killing him.

The Psycho Mantis scene will always be embedded in my mind.

But All Your Base could count as a villain from a game, since because of that video, I keep seeing "All Your Base Are belong to US' everywhere. It is my personal nemesis.

All Your Base Are Belong to Us.

Archived