Home

Force Unleashed Platforms.

I'm sorry what? Deserve? Since when does LucasArts owe you anything?

I bought JK2 and got 2 years of MP gaming out of it, and another year with JA. Good value for money I'd say. And TFU is in no way shape or form a follow on from the JK series.

What, did I stutter? Fans have been waiting patiently since JK3 (JK2 was much better in my view) and your statement seems to imply that I'm the only one that wants a PC version. If that's the case, you have tens of thousands of people who would disagree with you. It would be like if Blizzard suddenly converted Starcraft 2 to consoles only and stopped producing PC versions. It would be dismissing the millions of fans/players that have been playing it since 1998 and that have given the game the popularity it has today.

Even though TFU isn't a direct link or sequel of the JK series, it is still based on the same concept of game play, not to mention there has been no word of a JK4 and the likelihood of one seems remote.

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=120668&tstart=0

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know phrases like "did I stutter?" really have no place on a forum where we are reading what you are saying, not listening to you speak. Yes, I can be extremely pedantic when I want to be.

You're still missing the point completely. You seem to be under the impression that this is another JK game or somehow connected with the series. This is not a JK game. If it were then it would be another matter. I'd be right there with you complaining if it wasn't coming out on PC, but the fact is this is another game completely.

and your statement seems to imply that I'm the only one that wants a PC version.

It implys no such thing. Please don't talk to me like I'm an idiot. Of course I know there are thousands of people who are just as pissed off as you are, and I know my point of view would not be popular with them either, but I don't care.

it is still based on the same concept of game play

No it isn't. The concept of gameplay of TFU is all about kicking ass with the force. Just because you could use a lightsaber and force powers in the JK series, doesn't make it the same game.

Look, I want another JK game just as much as you do, trust me. I absolutely love the JK series, but you have to seperate this game from them in your mind. TFU is meant to appeal to the masses of young next gen console gamers. LA has made the decision that it would not be financially viable to release it on PC and you will just have to live with that.

I didn't intend on buying a 360, but when I realised I wouldn't be able to play Halo 3 unless I did, I went ahead and bought one. After playing the first two games, reading the books and investing alot of time in the Halo universe, I wasn't about to miss out on the last instalment. It was one of the best things I ever did as a gamer. I've played so many console exclusive awesome games that I would have missed out on. I really don't understand why people simply can't have both a PC and a console. Why must they be mutually exclusive? And with the news that TFU will not have MP (apart from crappy dual on the Wii), then the need for it to be on PC is really a moot point.

You know phrases like "did I stutter?" really have no place on a forum where we are reading what you are saying, not listening to you speak. Yes, I can be extremely pedantic when I want to be.

You're still missing the point completely. You seem to be under the impression that this is another JK game or somehow connected with the series. This is not a JK game. If it were then it would be another matter. I'd be right there with you complaining if it wasn't coming out on PC, but the fact is this is another game completely.

It implys no such thing. Please don't talk to me like I'm an idiot. Of course I know there are thousands of people who are just as pissed off as you are, and I know my point of view would not be popular with them either, but I don't care.

No it isn't. The concept of gameplay of TFU is all about kicking ass with the force. Just because you could use a lightsaber and force powers in the JK series, doesn't make it the same game.

Look, I want another JK game just as much as you do, trust me. I absolutely love the JK series, but you have to seperate this game from them in your mind. TFU is meant to appeal to the masses of young next gen console gamers. LA has made the decision that it would not be financially viable to release it on PC and you will just have to live with that.

I didn't intend on buying a 360, but when I realised I wouldn't be able to play Halo 3 unless I did, I went ahead and bought one. After playing the first two games, reading the books and investing alot of time in the Halo universe, I wasn't about to miss out on the last instalment. It was one of the best things I ever did as a gamer. I've played so many console exclusive awesome games that I would have missed out on. I really don't understand why people simply can't have both a PC and a console. Why must they be mutually exclusive? And with the news that TFU will not have MP (apart from crappy dual on the Wii), then the need for it to be on PC is really a moot point.

Not everybody wants to dish out tons of cash every year or 2 for the ability to play a game or two, also mentioning that the prices are becoming more and more obscene because they add in these breakthrough technologies, like Blu-ray for PS3 when it isn't needed, especially since I can get a Blu-ray drive for my PC for less. My PC is perfectly capable of running high-end games and I see no point in spending cash on a totally separate platform that will have, at most, the same potential and replay value my PC has.

As for the next JK and TFU being seperate, re-read my post and notice how I mention "JK4" and "TFU". And why it seems lI refer to TFU as the next JK installment is because LA has completely neglected the JK series. Jedi Academy was a disappointment with poor graphics, poor cutscenes, and all the little things that were worse in JA than in JO. I loved the JK series regardless because I'm a fan, but to me, Jedi Outcast was far better overall and that came out 6-7 years ago, As well from what I've read, there appears to be no plans for the next installment anytime soon.

Not everybody wants to dish out tons of cash every year or 2 for the ability to play a game or two, also mentioning that the prices are becoming more and more obscene because they add in these breakthrough technologies, like Blu-ray for PS3 when it isn't needed, especially since I can get a Blu-ray drive for my PC for less. My PC is perfectly capable of running high-end games and I see no point in spend cash on a totally separate platform that will have, at most, the same potential and replay value my PC has.

Then don't buy one, don't play TFU, just carry on bitching about how you can't play it. That makes much more sense.

Then don't buy one, don't play TFU, just carry on bitching about how you can't play it. That makes much more sense.

I will, you go ahead and continue buying a new console every year, filling the pockets of console companies because you fall for their "buy our new console to play this game ONLY on this system or you won't be able to play it" trap. That makes sense too.

I will, you go ahead and continue buying a new console every year and fill the pockets of console companies because you fall for their "buy our new console to play this game ONLY on this system or you won't be able to play it" trap. That makes sense too.

What is there to "fall for"? You either play the game or you don't. If you want to play it, then you buy the console. I'm not an avid gamer, by any stretch of the imagination, but I plan on buying a 360 for TFU alone. (I'm also buying it for the Wii, which I already own but rarely use - it's for social gatherings and my kids mostly).

Secondly, most console players already have a console, so they don't have to buy it just for the game. It's crazy, I know, but there are other games for the 360!

Yeah, most console gamers "already" have a console, many PC gamers like myself, do not. I'm not rich, a next-gen console for me, as a student, would be an investment, not a luxury. It would be easier to pay 40-60 to buy TFU for PC than it would for me to pay 300-500 for a console + the game + any accessories or other fancy gadgets that are out for new consoles these days. I live in Canada by the way, so prices in the USA in no way reflect the prices of things here. An item that may cost $200 in the USA would cost $400 or $500 here, even with the two dollars being equal.

That's fine - it's a decision you need to make for yourself (whether or not it's a worthwhile investment). I finished college not too long ago, Cyne, so I can understand your frustrations there.

However, I disagree that LA should make a PC version of TFU just to appease the PC-only gamer market, which is already small and diminishing more and more as time passes.

Well, the way I see it is, they're making TFU for virtually every console and handheld that people use these days, they should just go all the way andmake it for PC too, regardless of the financial side of things (because let's be honest, it's not like they need the money). If that was the main reason for not making a PC version, Cameron Suey should've just said so instead of making up non-sense like TFU on PC would be "Watered Down" and that a PC couldn't handle it.

I also respect your opinion about the no TFU for PC thing, we can't all see eye to eye.

I will, you go ahead and continue buying a new console every year, filling the pockets of console companies because you fall for their "buy our new console to play this game ONLY on this system or you won't be able to play it" trap. That makes sense too.

Yep, I'm Microsoft, Sony and Nintendos little bitch who has had countless hours of gaming pleasure on their consoles. Damn, I'm such a sucker.

Wow, you thought of that one all by yourself? I'm impressed! Such a brilliant, well thought out counter-argument. Kudos! The fact that you own all the consoles and that console companies targeted demographic is from youth to teen, you show all the makings of an immature teenager (including the intelligent "countless hours of gaming pleasure statement") that would do and pay anything to play a video game.

Wow, you thought of that one all by yourself? I'm impressed! Such a brilliant, well thought out counter-argument. Kudos! The fact that you own all the consoles and that console companies targeted demographic is from youth to teen, you show all the makings of an immature teenager (including the intelligent "countless hours of gaming pleasure statement") that would do and pay anything to play a video game.

Please learn to read before you look and sound more immature and stupid than you already do. Anyway, as much as I'd like to continue this battle of wits with you, I can see that you're obviously unarmed. Good Day.

So now you've resorted to name calling. Tut tut.

Immature? I'm 36 years old. :)

Stupid? Hardly. The mere fact that I've presented my arguments clearly and concisely without having to resort to flaming shows the complete opposite don't you think? ;)

Please learn to read before you look and sound more immature and stupid than you already do. Anyway, as much as I'd like to continue this battle of wits with you, I can see that you're obviously unarmed. Good Day.

Oh come now. I was just starting to enjoy our little "battle of wits". Don't run off so soon.

36 years old with almost 8,000 posts on a video game forum? That's not immature? (excluding game/mod developers and moderators, and in your case, this doesn't seem to be one of those cases) Sorry to break it to you, age has no bearing on maturity level, there are plenty of 30-40 year olds that have the maturity level of a high-schooler as well of plenty 20 year olds that have the maturity level of someone 30-40.

Please do learn how to use the refresh function. Anyway, I know this concept is hard for you to understand, but I must now return to some more important life priorities. So to that end, you can continue to flood this thread with your useless posts. Enjoy.

Trying to cover your ass with a little edited parenthesis is quite laughable. But you've still called all the non mods with a high post count immature. I'd like to know how you've come to this wonderfull conclusion.

Please do learn how to use the refresh function. Anyway, I know this concept is hard for you to understand, but I must now return to some more important life priorities. So to that end, you can continue to flood this thread with your useless posts. Enjoy.

Another one bites the dust. Bye bye. :wavey:

was cyne beaten by an old sega genesis console when he/she/it was little?

it would explain the hatred of consoles and the possible mental retardation at the same time

just saying..it happens...and now to go harass that wee midget who likes to get pissy easily

Wow. Just wow.

Have an infraction for being a complete ass, free of charge. If you don't want another one, then learn to play nice with others.

Wow. Just wow.

Have an infraction for being a complete ass, free of charge. If you don't want another one, then learn to play nice with others.

Yeah Cyne that was way out of line you jerk!!!!

Archived