Home

Force Unleashed Platforms.

Yeah, it's truly a shame that us devoted PC enthusiasts that have been fans since the beginning, won't have the opportunity to bring out TFU's full potential, because it would be a "Watered Down Experience" on a PC :sarcasm:. Too bad Lucas Arts has to be that money hungry.

Cyne

Stay a fan and buy a console.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stay a fan and buy a console.

Well like I said, I'm a devoted PC enthusiast. I have no interest in paying $500 for a console which will only be used for 1 game and 1 game only, despite being a fan. It's not like Lucas Arts needs the money, they will make more than enough profit for all TFU sales on all the other platforms, there's absolutely no reason why a PC version can't be developed.

Cyne

Seriously, why not just make the game for the PC with both DX10 DMM and Euphoria ver and DX9 "watered down" ver? It's still the game everyone is anticipating.

It's not simply a matter of LucasArts having one of their interns make two different compiles of the game over their lunch break.

NO! PCs rock they aren't just toys they're tools too, I can do an English Essay and play Jedi Outcast on the same machine, why by a really expensive toy? I'm sticking with what I have a really freaking good PC no matter what Lucas Arts does or doesn't do.

NO! PCs rock they aren't just toys they're tools too, I can do an English Essay and play Jedi Outcast on the same machine, why by a really expensive toy? I'm sticking with what I have a really freaking good PC no matter what Lucas Arts does or doesn't do.
PCs do rock and they are tools - I don't disagree with any of that. But if you really want to play TFU, buy a console. It's really that simple. You can stick with your "really freakin good PC" and use it for everything else you want, but you can't play TFU on it, no matter how "freakin good" it is.

You know you could have both, or do you have an extremely small bedroom or something? And a 360 only costs £160 now. I'd hardly call that "really expensive".

Like a previous user said, a PC is not just a toy, it's a versatile tool. A console is just a toy And yes, 300-400 dollars + the game is expensive if it's only going to be used for one thing, to play that 1 game. I still have PC games from the 1990's that still work on my high-end, Windows XP machine. For consoles, in a matter of 2-3 years, there will be a new generation of consoles and your previous games may or may not work for the new platform.

Yes, I do understand it is still a business. But look at it another way - if your business is dependent on customers, would you not want them to be satisfied ones? Developing customer loyalty and a good track record to encourage people to keep buying future products? But how can they if you suddenly stop producing product that counts for a large chunk of your customer base?

Cyne

I'm not suggesting you buy a console and then only buy one game to play on it. Come on now, be serious. It's an investment in your gaming enjoyment. I can't imagine any serious gamer in this day and age not owning at least one of the consoles. You have to cover all the bases.

No amount of ranting about there not being a PC version is going to change the fact that there isn't going to be one (at least not when it is first released), so if you seriously want to play TFU, then you have no other choice. Play it, or don't play it.

or someone could mod a previous star wars game on PC and make starkiller, animations (with him using Shien {look it up}) :D, and maybe a couple of maps? It's a lot of work but no way will it be harder than what the original programmers went through to make TFU

Archived