Home

Force Unleashed Platforms.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
something I noticed, was that in the demo of DMM and Euphoria the guy presenting the whole thing used a computer to do it, makes me wonder if they're really considering it, I hope so

I hope so too M@RS, very much so that words can't describe.

I won't even bother bringing Gaming Laptops into this because they would be even more versatile than any Cnnsole, adding in the Mobility to "Play-as-you-Go" for gamers that have school and/or other social habits like Vacations, Roadtrips, etc.

and also cost a hell of a lot more, lol

not to mention those videos had noticeable lag >.<

What do you mean "kind of" use computers to make it? What else do you think is used to make the games, the consoles themselves? Cameron Suey's statement is clearly bogus, because no console has the power to bring out TFU's absolute maximum potential the way a PC could. You wouldn't need a $4,000 PC, not even a $2,000 or $1,500 PC to bring out TFUs potential. TFU on Wii, PSP, PS2 and DS are the ones that will be a "Watered Down Experience" and won't have DMM or Euphoria. These consoles and handhelds can't even hope to compete to even a Mainstream PC.

lol why was i quoted? XD

and you continue to spew price figures that only people who build their own rig can afford, which is a miniscule portion of computer users. face it, the consoles exist and are successful for a reason: they can compete with the pc when it comes to entertainment value. Just because they aren't a digital omnitool doesn't mean they are bad.

but i have no doubt that such a concept is beyond the scope of your imagination...

lol why was i quoted? XD

and you continue to spew price figures that only people who build their own rig can afford, which is a miniscule portion of computer users. face it, the consoles exist and are successful for a reason: they can compete with the pc when it comes to entertainment value. Just because they aren't a digital omnitool doesn't mean they are bad.

but i have no doubt that such a concept is beyond the scope of your imagination...

Can you show me where I said they were bad? And you continue to spew figures of the masses of players that exist as console gamers, completely ignoring the fact that there is also a huge number of PC Gamers (hmm, World of Warcraft comes to mind and that is only ONE game - 10-20 Million WoW players last time I checked). Yes, there is a great number of console gamers, but there is also a great number of PC gamers, regardless if you can grasp that truth or not. World of Warcraft is proof in itself, not mentioning how many other PC games have millions of users.

Beyond the scope of my imagination? Simply brilliant...

something I noticed, was that in the demo of DMM and Euphoria the guy presenting the whole thing used a computer to do it, makes me wonder if they're really considering it, I hope so

This was answered before but I can't help: What exactly do you think the devs use to make their games?

a computer, but I'm not really sure, I'm not so crazy about games that I know everything about em' but I figured they used PCs. IF they make a game on a PC, then doesn't that mean that they have a game for PC already right?

He was being sarcastic...

Correct.

[...] the fact that there is also a huge number of PC Gamers (hmm, World of Warcraft comes to mind and that is only ONE game - 10-20 Million WoW players last time I checked). Yes, there is a great number of console gamers, but there is also a great number of PC gamers, regardless if you can grasp that truth or not. World of Warcraft is proof in itself, not mentioning how many other PC games have millions of users.

WoW is an MMO, though. They probably play it because it's an MMO (a genre relatively scant on consoles) rather than because it's a PC game. I'm not too sure that WoW players would be especially likely to buy TFU.

I found some statistics on the ESA's website regarding sales of console games and PC games (in 2007):

* Game console software sales totaled $6.6 billion with 153.9 million units sold;

* Computer games sales were $910.7 million with 36.4 million units sold;

Perhaps this will help people understand LucasArts's reasoning a little better?

Also, I remember hearing that for Knights of the Old Republic something like 85% of the game's sales were on console, so LucasArts knows first hand how much better console games sell than PC. I'm not saying I like it but it does make good business sense.

Also, I remember hearing that for Knights of the Old Republic something like 85% of the game's sales were on console, so LucasArts knows first hand how much better console games sell than PC. I'm not saying I like it but it does make good business sense.

There's also a lot of games that are complete failures because many companies refuse to consider the fans. There are tens of thousands of fans that have been and still are bashing LA because they completely dismiss the PC fanbase with bogus excuses regarding the PC version (or lack, thereof). C&C3 Kane's Wrath is an example of a game that would have been great, but EA resolves their problems by focusing on and working to release an entirely new game while taking no care or consideration for the people that have bought the previous one. Kane's Wrath has been out for 3 months now, which might I add is extremely buggy and unbalanced to the point where many people have already stopped playing it and yet, still no patch has been released.

Let's also mention that many, MANY hardcore console gamers are also hardcore PC gamers.

Dude, the console base is substantially larger than the PC base. You just need to accept that. :)

I have accepted it, but I'm saying that the JK series, even though TFU isn't technically JK, it's based on the same concept of gameplay as JK and fans since the beginning deserve the game as well for the PC. Since Jedi Academy was a disappointment and Jedi Outcast being the much better one of the two. We've been waiting a long time for a breakthrough sequel for the PC, and believe me, I'm not the only one who thinks so.

deserve

I'm sorry what? Deserve? Since when does LucasArts owe you anything?

I bought JK2 and got 2 years of MP gaming out of it, and another year with JA. Good value for money I'd say. And TFU is in no way shape or form a follow on from the JK series.

Archived