Home

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (use spoiler tags!)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, today's the day Indiana Jones V is out.
You mean "IV"? ;) V = 5, IV = 4. ;)

Anyone else going to see it? I've got my tickets and I can't wait. :D
My wife and I plan on seeing it on Friday. :D

Just got back from seeing it. I need to sleep on it and see it again but right now I'm going to say it's a very fun ride but the weakest of the four by a fair stretch. Some things just confused me, other things upset me and a few things they just didn't tie down and explain well enough.

You mean "IV"? ;) V = 5, IV = 4. ;)

My wife and I plan on seeing it on Friday. :D

Umm... what was the 4th one? Theres only been three movies until now.

I. Raiders of the Lost Ark

II. Temple of Doom

III. Last Crusade

and now

IV. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

the Young Indiana Jones series doesnt count as a movie. :p

Im going to see it on friday. Got a free movie pass. :)

I’m going to the Sunday matinee to see it, but first I'm going to watch the three other movies in the series over the next three nights/days to get myself prepared. I’m taking me 13-year old and 9-year old cousins and they have never see an Indy movie. I told them it was Han Solo with a whip and now they are all fired up to see it even though they wanted me to take them to Speed Racer or Iron Man this weekend.

I saw it at the midnight showing. I really enjoyed it and will probably see it again but it was definitely no Raiders. Some of the dialog was suspect and

I just don't know how I feel about the whole alien thing, it was a bit out there

But overall very enjoyable. Harrison Ford still kicks ass at 65.

I've got 6 1/2 hours left until I see it. All I'm hoping for is to be amused, seeing as if I keep my expectations low I probably won't be disappointed.

I think Harrison Ford will still be kicking ass when he's 102, breaking bad guys legs with his walker and such. Can you say electric scooter chase?

I just saw it a couple of hours ago, and honestly in my opinion it wasn't on par with the previous three, although I wasn't expecting it to be either. I will say however that it definitely still had those "Indy moments" and certain parts still had that classic feel, so it was a good movie it just wasn't as great as the previous three.

I liked it. It was fun. I really wanted to love it, but it was not as great as the others. It just really didn't feel like Indy to me.

Spoilered for safety. :)

They really had more of a group dynamic going on. In the other movies it's more of Indy haphazardly kicking ass while the other characters tried to keep up, whereas in this one Mutt kind of took over the action sequences. I wanted Indy swinging like Tarzan and sword fighting the Soviets!

The plot was kind of meh in my book. The alien thing was a bit out there, but it didn't ruin the movie for me. It branched off into an area the others didn't.

I'll have to see it again before I really figure out what I think of it, but my initial reaction is that it's underwhelming. Not disappointing, but... not what I wanted. It's kind of what I expected.

I saw it at the midnight showing. I really enjoyed it and will probably see it again but it was definitely no Raiders. Some of the dialog was suspect and

I just don't know how I feel about the whole alien thing, it was a bit out there

That is pretty much my reaction to it. But overall I really enjoyed it and I think it is a worthy addition to the series. It was fun in a way that I find most action movies aren't these days. I miss this kind of film. And I do like that they aged Indy's personality as well. Overall, great show!

As for Moel's spoiler,

for some reason I was a lot more accepting when I found out they were from another dimension and not another planet.

And for the record, Indy is still better than every other action hero out there.

As for Moel's spoiler,

for some reason I was a lot more accepting when I found out they were from another dimension and not another planet.

I agree with you about that,

I think another planet would have been too sci-fi-ish but another dimension kind of keeps with the for lack of a better term "powers" of the other movies.

And for the record, Indy is still better than every other action hero out there.

why would they want to be....its pretty cornball stuff for contemporary standards. Nowdays, its mofos and machine guns, not nazis and snakes....and enough with the Nazis already Spielberg....ugh :(

get with the times old man :p

astro

Archived