Home

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (use spoiler tags!)

Who removed the skull in the first place? The conquistador? And why did they do it?

Yeah, I think so. Why? No idea.

The alien was talking about giving Ox a gift for what he had done. Was the gift supposed to be the killing of the Russians holding them captive?

I thought it was supposed to be Indy's hat at the end. :D

How did the natives seemingly crawl out of the stone walls? Were the walls actually some sort of crumbly facade they could cover themselves in?

Indy's double crossing friend at the end when he winked and said he'd be alright. What was that all about? It seemed out of place. Was he seriously fine with just giving up and being sucked to his death or was there something else behind it?

No clue on these two.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That movie was Indy 100% Saw it on Saturday and loved every minute of it.

Shia did a great job as usual, and Harrison was just movie magic.

The plot may have been a little out there, but was, in my opinion, about as out there as the other 3 movie plots.

There's some things I don't remember. Could someone explain the following?

There were quite a few mistakes.

Hopefully they weren't mistakes and something that is just foreshadowing a possibly new Indiana Jones

Hopefully they weren't mistakes and something that is just foreshadowing a possibly new Indiana Jones
IMO that is unlikely. I thought the ending seemed like a wrap up to the saga, unless they have a spin off with Mutt, which I find even more unlikely.

George already stated something to that effect already saying that he'd like to see Mutt in the drivers seat for the another one.

I read this on Wikipedia too, but could a spinoff with Mutt work?

Granted, I like the character, but I wouldn't want Indiana Jones to pass on the baton to his son.

If that happened, it would go against that final scene; Indy takes his hat back because he isn't done yet. :p

That was one of the funniest parts of the film I thought. :p

A spinoff wouldn't work. It was nice to have Indy back for another one, but taking it any further would be going too far IMO. :)

IMO that is unlikely. I thought the ending seemed like a wrap up to the saga, unless they have a spin off with Mutt, which I find even more unlikely.

Harrison Ford already stated in an interview that he would like to do another.

If Mutt got his own spin-off I'd most likely kill somebody.

We took the whole family to the movie on Monday and loved it.

Only Indy could survive by hiding in a lead-lined refrigerator MacGyver-style. :lol: I wish they'd picked a more earth-bound reason for the artifact, but it worked for me, and I had a great time watching the entire show.

There has been up and down reviews on the new Indy film over the internet. I myself say it was brilliant. Just as good as the 1st 3.

It has a good amount of humour, some gruesome parts and some good CGI effects.

It was weird when the woman (forgot name) cut open the mummified remains in the beginning. Cool with the glimpse of the ark of convenant and gruesome with the man get killed by the ants.

I wish they'd picked a more earth-bound reason for the artifact, but it worked for me, and I had a great time watching the entire show.

I thought about that as well, and then you have to think about the other movies. Did "Raiders of the Lost Ark" or "The Last Crusade" have an Earth based explination?

Personally, I completely loved the story. I think it is a coming of age Indy, and anyone who is a die hard fan will apprechiate what they accomplished. According to someone on the radio, Harison Ford has signed up for a fifth.

I thought about that as well, and then you have to think about the other movies. Did "Raiders of the Lost Ark" or "The Last Crusade" have an Earth based explination?

Personally, I completely loved the story. I think it is a coming of age Indy, and anyone who is a die hard fan will apprechiate what they accomplished. According to someone on the radio, Harison Ford has signed up for a fifth.

Yes, I heard he signed up for a fifth 2. I could be wrong but with Star Wars they did 3 in the 80s then came bak in, i think, 2001. I think maybe they are coming bak to indy to make a complete saga.

That might make sense to some people when they watch the last scene (in case u forgot, i mean the scene where he takes his hat from Mutt.

Technically, the ark and grail DID have a perfect explanation since its a real earthbased religion, but i cud be talking crap.

I went to see it again and I pinpointed one of the things that annoyed me. It's that Indy comments on what he's just done.

In the originals, when he made a mistake or saw something odd he wouldn't say anything, it was all carried by Harrison Ford's facial expression. When Indy misjudges the position of the car in the first scene (you know, the thing in the trailer) the comic effect is ruined by him saying, "I thought that was closer." I understand why they did it; they were trying to show that he's getting older but I think it would have been better if Ford just looked a little shocked that he'd ended up in the wrong car.

Compare it with the opening scenes of Raiders. Indy's just been screwed over by his companion and has to leap over the hole in the floor to escape. He misses the edge and is left dangling. Clutching, literally, at straws, he smiles at his momentary success in grabbing hold of some firm-rooted grass. When the thing comes loose and he begins to slip again, he doesn't make a comment about it. It's all done in silence on Ford's part and I think that's one of the small but crucial differences in writing style that perhaps accounts for me not liking this film as much as the others.

...but with Star Wars they did 3 in the 80s then came bak in, i think, 2001.

1999. And the first came out in '77. ;)

I went to see it again and I pinpointed one of the things that annoyed me. It's that Indy comments on what he's just done.

Hmm...interesting.

In the originals, when he made a mistake or saw something odd he wouldn't say anything, it was all carried by Harrison Ford's facial expression. When Indy misjudges the position of the car in the first scene (you know, the thing in the trailer) the comic effect is ruined by him saying, "I thought that was closer." I understand why they did it; they were trying to show that he's getting older but I think it would have been better if Ford just looked a little shocked that he'd ended up in the wrong car.

Compare it with the opening scenes of Raiders. Indy's just been screwed over by his companion and has to leap over the hole in the floor to escape. He misses the edge and is left dangling. Clutching, literally, at straws, he smiles at his momentary success in grabbing hold of some firm-rooted grass. When the thing comes loose and he begins to slip again, he doesn't make a comment about it. It's all done in silence on Ford's part and I think that's one of the small but crucial differences in writing style that perhaps accounts for me not liking this film as much as the others.

You are right man.

As for some of the changes, I think they wanted to make Indy competitive. Since "The Mummy III" is due out soon, I think Steven, George, and Harrison wanted to seperate themselves from being called "Just another unintellegant archeology movie.". I think they did a great job with this one, for it showed that things don't have to be the same. When the first "Mummy" movie arrived in theaters, Indy wasn't on the radar. This is the first time that both franchises go head to head.

Indy is a professor in archeology.

Rick is not anything close to being educated in archeology.

When Indy starts to run off at times, I think they wanted to show his intellegance.

Has there been a writeup to explain exactly who, how, why and where the skull was removed and stolen from the rest of the skeleton in the first place? Was it even stolen from the rest of the skeleton or had it already been removed so that the natives had a connection to the alien even though it had "left". It almost would of had to have been taken off by the natives by direct order of the alien(s) who then would have sealed up the inner chamber and shut himself and returned to his dimension. I really need this all explained to me. There just seems to be huge gaps in the plot and it really is bugging me.

Has there been a writeup to explain exactly who, how and why and where the skull was removed and stolen from the rest of the skeleton in the first place? It almost would of had to have been taken off by the natives by direct order of the alien(s) who then would have sealed up the inner chamber and shut himself down inside of it. I really need this all explained to me. There just seems to be huge gaps and it really is bugging me.

I don't recall. This is one of those, "I have to see it again" movies.

Archived