Home

About OJP Enhanced.

Cyne

Greetings,

I'm a newcomer to OJP and have a question - Does OJP not support Single Player? I've played around a bit in SP but notice there's graphical bugs and some force powers missing like Absorb. Was OJP only made for MP or am I missing something?

Thanks for the help.

-Cyne

Oh, so the SP part of OJP isn't done yet? I was just wondering because I noticed a lot of stuff missing when I loaded up regular JA and loaded OJP from there... I figured that was the only way to play SP and play through the storyline, since you say you have to manually type in the SP map you want to play and you only get MP options when you load up the OJP.exe

EDIT: I tried loading SP maps in MP already and all it did was load the maps as if it was MP, and everything was funky.

-Cyne

Does that mean OJP was only meant to be MP or is the SP aspect being worked on as well? Just wondering since OJP is the only hope for an up to date JK game, next to TFU which won't be on PC.

-Cyne

There are a couple of more basic OJP features implemented into the Single Player game, most of which are bug fixes. None of the saber, dodge, force, gun, experience or any other kind of system works in Single Player mode.

This is because of the holy mailing list.

EDIT: I tried loading SP maps in MP already and all it did was load the maps as if it was MP, and everything was funky.

You probably didn't set the gametype to CoOp mode. I don't remember what it is for sure, but I think it's "/g_gametype 5" in the ingame console. You should set the gametype before loading into a SP level.

I must be missing something here, lol =P.

Inside joke, lol

As far as a storyline-like experience, Co-op is the way to go...too bad there isn't a group of people who can commit to creating a new set of Co-op campaigns (huge undertaking).

Inside joke, lol

As far as a storyline-like experience, Co-op is the way to go...too bad there isn't a group of people who can commit to creating a new set of Co-op campaigns (huge undertaking).

Oh so the Co-op feature is done, which includes all the OJP enhanced features? How do you get the co-op setup?

Cyne

Um...Co-op works for some of the maps, the rest aren't debugged, or something to that effect. OJP Enhanced features work on the maps as long as you're running Co-Op through the mod. You can get a Co-Op setup by cycling the gametypes after selecting Create Game until you get to Cooperative. All the other Cvars and stuff that work in FFA should apply to Co-Op.

I think that should work, at least for the maps displayed on the list (goes up to one Tier 3 map iirc).

Um...Co-op works for some of the maps, the rest aren't debugged, or something to that effect. OJP Enhanced features work on the maps as long as you're running Co-Op through the mod. You can get a Co-Op setup by cycling the gametypes after selecting Create Game until you get to Cooperative. All the other Cvars and stuff that work in FFA should apply to Co-Op.

I think that should work, at least for the maps displayed on the list (goes up to one Tier 3 map iirc).

So, is the Coop feature still being worked on? Do you just create an MP game and load Coop from there? You have to manually select each map through the storyline? What about retaining Force Power Levels and choosing weapons?

I apologize for all the questions. I've played through the original JA so many times I'm in dire need of something totally new (especially Coop with a relative as we both love to play it).

-Cyne

nah you choose the multiplayer game type from the list.. its under the name Coop or Co-op i think. then load the map from a list of single player maps. Its not worth playing though as the animations for the bosses at cut scenes are broken but you can still fight them which is hard cause of the new saber system (maybe i just suck)

nah you choose the multiplayer game type from the list.. its under the name Coop or Co-op i think. then load the map from a list of single player maps. Its not worth playing though as the animations for the bosses at cut scenes are broken but you can still fight them which is hard cause of the new saber system (maybe i just suck)

Actually, I think the boss fights would be easier. While the bosses do have more HP, the lightsaber does much more HP damage in OJP's combat system.

g_gametype 6

map tx_n

x being a tier number and n being a map corresponding to the tier number

map t3_hevil

map vjun

map vjun2

map vjun3

map t2_trip

JO maps were much better and i should get them today

So are these the only maps currently available for Coop mode? Is Coop still being updated until it is finished or?

And yes, I think the JO maps were much better as well.

Cyne

Converting the Cairn Dock map should be so difficult' date=' as it was included with the SDK. That was my favorite level in JK2 and it would be very nice to be able to play it in OJP.[/quote']

I liked bespin a lot. It had an authentic feel for some reason and the architecture was wonderful.

I'll see if I can somehow scrounge up JO today.

Archived