Home

new girl asking for simple opinions

BTU222

heyy, just recently installed BF2 onto the PC, i played BF1 on PS2 and became obsessed. haha. in the past with other first person shooters i've usually played sniper, do all recommend it? or is it too difficult for someone just starting off? i do have experience from BF1 but that was PS2 and that was also the first game. has it changed much? if not sniper any other recomendations? thanks a bunch.

Yeah, you lose the reticle... The sniper no longer uses the recon droid and calls in an air strike either.. he has an auto-turret. You also can't go prone anymore... so if you liked lying down to do your sniping... it's time to learn to "crouch" and find better hiding spots.

There are definitely spots on all maps that allow the sniper to crouch behind something and his head only sticks out. There's a couple places where it's impossible to hit the sniper because he's behind these objects but a clear shot can be had from the sniper's POV. This is one of many little bugs in SWBF2 that you will become accustomed to.. (as we all have). Don't let this deter you though. The game rocks.

Entering a CP and changing units is something you should get in the habit of. It allows you to change to any unit (unlockables too if you've unlocked them). SWBF1 didn't allow this switching (It didn't have unlockable units either).. you had to kill yourself and wait for respawn as a different unit. SWBF2 allows you to change on the fly by going into a CP and becoming a sniper.. or engineer if you need to repair an ammo droid.. so you can reload your ammo.. and go back to being a sniper.

The sniper is a rip-off. it's really a cheap unit when used proper, but the BEST job, on Hoth is the vanguard, or heavy demo. The remote rocket (and I say this all the time) is my absolute favorite weapon. Gotta love its boost. The engineer is the best in close quarters, as well as free health and ammo pretty much any time. If you've gotten a veteran rating in the sniper, then go see the reward. BEAM RIFLE SUCKS NUTS!!!! (no offense to anyone) The sniper is supposed to be a long-distance job, but it seems that the beam is supposed to be used *without* crosshairs up close, or snipe and swipe!

When you get a good feel for the game, come post your opinions about jobs over in the topic "Best job votes anyone?" section of general discussions. This is a forum I started, and it's to get people to give each other their opinions about their fav. jobs. Open to EVERYONE and anyone! See Y'all soon.

The beam rifle is a long range weapon, it is NOT meant to shoot and swipe at close range. For your long-range sniping, it's the best, but it slows down your rate of fire. Also, you have less ammunition, so I'd advise that you only use it once you get extremely good at long range sniping. I myself still prefer the original sniper rifle, but a beam-rifle in the right hands is lethal.

Games Judge, you started a THREAD called Best Job Votes, not a forum. And you seem slightly...something or other...about that thread.

I think that it just depends on what situation that you are in. However, that isn't what you asked.

To answer your question, no it really isn't that hard to be a sniper. It is quite easy, and is very similar to the sniper class in BF1. :)

I dont think many people give snipers enough credit, there will always be those campers on Kamino, but people that can be competitive on a no TK server with a map such as Jabbas are far from average or cheap. You have to be more aware to pick up every health and ammo pack from a persons death, or the vials that can temporarily increase your damage. Never mind the numerous mines, dets and nades that wreck the so fragile sniper. Very few people can play on explosive spammed servers on a map such as Jabbas and get the highest score, its also far more gratifying than just laying mines.

You have to be more aware to pick up every health and ammo pack from a persons death, or the vials that can temporarily increase your damage.

True dat. A good sniper knows where all the health droids are on any particular map. Snipers have next to nothing for armor so they always have to be on the look-out for health.. but the flip side of that is that a sniper is the fastest on the battlefield because of it. Compare a sniper's sprint speed to a heavy trooper and it's like the heavy is in slow mo... Trading speed for armor is something I can live with.. :)

yeah i do perfer the standard sniper rifle, the beam rifle i can use but i do have to get more used to it. i'm getting more adjusted to the game so i don't think it will take too long. :D

does it not even hurt them about 4/5 of the time for you? cuz that's my main issue with the beam rifle, lol.

Archived