Home

Our time is slowly approaching... kek

Good job guys. i won't even ask if everything got done Ive talked about (ie grip balance, documentation, quickparry kick block, etc) ;) All I care about is that it gets reviewed by someone who knows what their doing...basically Inyri :D lol. Thanks for all your hard work and sorry I wasnt around to help at the end.

Doh! oh well, we can do a patch if needed, but this is more for advanced players anyways and we'll probably be getting alot of new palyers for this. I could have helped darth with this if I wasnt on the other side of the country for a wedding since I think I originally put it in :( If possible, I would like as many advanced ojp players around to help teach people once this is released on jk3files since frustrated noobs who dont read the manual leave and always keeps our overall numbers low. All it takes is a little training to keep them interested.

Max, i hope you posted screens and maybe little vids of the features in OJP, that should attract more people.

I used a non-Fraps method of making videos that allows for much better quality and smoother framerate, but it's a bit of an involving process and requires my desktop, which is down for the count for now (the baby needs an upgrade real soon, and my monitor is shot to hell). Once 0.1.2 comes out I may have the opportunity to film (or help put together) something new, depending on whether IRL obligations will allow it.

BTW should there be a separate release of an OJP map/skin/model/hilt pack of stuff that OJP's gotten permission to use over the years? Kinda tired of seeing a bunch of Kyles after a while. It's like something out of a C-grade remake of JKA: Re-edited.

so i just read the review on jk2files. Overall, i found it very unsatisfactory. Despite the long wait for the review to actually come out, this guy wrote a very bland and shallow review, leaving many important details out, giving me a feeling that this reviewer did not go into the mod deep enough. But don't get me wrong, i like this exposure we're getting, and the review is overall positive.

The saber system being the gem of the mod, only got a few sentences that barely even skimmed the surface of its potential.

The Force, Mishap, and Dodge meters now apply to combat, and basically...well, suffice to say, I'm not sure if skill comes into the question anymore or not. There's more than likely a hidden art to unearth when trying to learn this new confusing system, but it still feels like that aiming and attacking no longer seems to have any merit.

Is it just me or is this guy out of his mind? Did he read the manual? Did he play enough to actually realize that there is more depth and meaning to thesee features? Instead of getting into the saber system, this reviewer decided to focus on the gunner system, which is an important part of OJP, however I would like it not to overshadow the saber system.

Regardless, this is good exposure, is good for the growth of OJP, and the review is generally positive, but I just cant help but feel like we're being misrepresented by a poor review.

so i just read the review on jk2files. Overall, i found it very unsatisfactory. Despite the long wait for the review to actually come out, this guy wrote a very bland and shallow review, leaving many important details out, giving me a feeling that this reviewer did not go into the mod deep enough. But don't get me wrong, i like this exposure we're getting, and the review is overall positive.

The saber system being the gem of the mod, only got a few sentences that barely even skimmed the surface of its potential.

Is it just me or is this guy out of his mind? Did he read the manual? Did he play enough to actually realize that there is more depth and meaning to thesee features? Instead of getting into the saber system, this reviewer decided to focus on the gunner system, which is an important part of OJP, however I would like it not to overshadow the saber system.

Regardless, this is good exposure, is good for the growth of OJP, and the review is generally positive, but I just cant help but feel like we're being misrepresented by a poor review.

Yeah I'm also very, very unsatisfied with the review. Seems like from the x days it was in their hands it got 30 minutes worth of review time.

Oh well, at least it's getting PR.

Someone post a thread with the link plx

Sorry guys, a big mistake was made. This version ISN'T 1.2. Something went wrong when new version was compilated. But don't worry. The patch is on the way and it will be posted here soon. Be patient and you will get what you were waiting for.

The delay in the review was beyond our control - we've been unable to handle files for since Saturday due to a hardware failure and server move in the FF datacenter. The system basically had to recalibrate itself and took it's sweet-ass time in doing so. Then we had an FTP issue caused by the DNS having to recalibrate to the new server, which always takes 72 hours. When all's said and done, the basic fact is that we lost files capability on Friday afternoon, and only got it back this morning.

Sorry we couldn't get Iny on the case, but she actually resigned from FileFront Network early on in April. It is a long shot, but I'll try and invite her back to do a guest review, if you wish.

Averus assured me he had prior experience with OJP, and because he'd played the mod extensively it appeared that he would be in a better position to review it than me. Frankly by the time OJP really gathered momentum, I'd already decided I was through with JA MP for good, so I never really played the previous versions.

Not going to remark on the review, that'd be somewhat undermining towards a colleague, but what I will do is apologise for the dissatisfaction and agree that the mod deserves an in-depth review.

Feel free to push the 1.2/patch release through the upload system again, and this time I'll personally make sure it's properly playtested, examined, and reviewed.

I thank you on behalf of the entire team and would like to express how truly honored and satisfied I am to not only get an official apology but also a second chance at this.

It's the first time we've ever released something for many of us here so things were bound to go wrong. No beef with Averus, a proper review on OJP would probably take up at least 2 hours just to explain the mechanics.

No hard feelings, and again, thank you.

Archived