Home

Artwork!

Mike Windu

So it's been about a year, and I know there are some arteests around hyahh, so I was wondering what you folk have been up to whilst I was away...

Here's some artwork from my painting class: (not particularly great, but eh, beginner painting)

Collage for my first Acrylic painting:

collagere7.jpg

The actual painting was taken off the wooden frame for my next painting.

Daffodils:

timefr3.jpg

bigfishinspireyx8.jpg

This painting was taken out of a larger project I had in which I destroyed the art room's walls with graffiti.

The entire quote spraypainted on the wall read "There's a time when a man needs to fight and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny's lost, the ship has sailed and that only a fool will continue. The truth is I've always been a fool. "

♥Big Fish

"Love Among Devils"

graffitivu1.jpg

My first real attempt at combining graffiti and acrylic painting. A very fun experiment and I hope to perfect the combination one day.

Other than that, here's my productivity for the day:

n1504770134_30225669_9937.jpg

n1504770134_30225667_9412.jpg

n1504770134_30225668_9670.jpg

Crappy sketch, I know. But I thought the photoshop effects were cool, if simplistic in nature.

Post your art! Please! :)

Wow, looking very nice, Mike. I especially like the "Love Among Devils" piece.

Its interesting that you happen to make this right now, I am in the process of creating an image for a certain someone and I am perhaps looking for some suggestion. I've spent about two hours on it so far (give or take a bit) and I'm curious as to what more I can add, here it is so far:

meandgaby2copylz1.jpg

Suggestions/comments/critiques?

Very interesting, guys. I also like the "Love Among Devils" one out of all of yours Mike. Wally's is cool too, I like how your eye kind of fills in most of the details. If you want suggestions, I'm not to sure about the leaves on the trees. I dunno, as it is now they kind of break the "flow" set by the rest of it. The rest of it is still cool though. :)

As for myself, I just stopped doing school full time 2 weeks ago, so I'm still kind of in cool-down mode. I have a few 3D projects started, but they're nowhere near finished. The only thing I've really had time for lately is photography, which you can find on my Flickr page.

Other than that, here's some random old junk that I may or may not have posted before:

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8189/stitchroughtd5.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7509/yoshinz5.jpg

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/855/clothbdj6.jpg

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5521/squirrelyn1.png

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/8871/waterbgvm3.png

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3564/frameseatjh1.png

I probably need to update my DeviantArt page that I haven't updated in over 3 years. :-X

chimaerathumbup9.jpg

This is one of a series of 11 drawings I've done (ehh, I've done more than 11, but I only have 11 good ones). I'm working on the 12th right now, actually, the next series of 11 will be vertical instead of horizontal.

I draw them by hand using two different pens, a .5 inch point and a fine point for the details. I scan it and color it on the computer using GIMP 1.2 (the benefit of all these years of modding with that program is that now I have a pretty intimate knowledge of it). The coloring process is fairly intensive, it takes about 2-4 hours to draw the picture and 3-4 hours to color it.

I'm actually planning on selling matted and framed prints for like $20-30, hence why I'm only posting a thumbnail here. I mean, it's not gonna be my job, but it'd be nice to make some money off of it.

Daffodils:

I really like the picture of the man in the field of flowers, that's really nice.

Ah, that's very nice for "random old junk". :)

Wally, I like it :)

It might make it more dynamic if you relocated the silhouette to somewhere off-center, and perhaps made it a bit smaller. As it stands your silhouette is larger than the background, and it should be the people in awe of the galaxy that are small, not the galaxy itself :)

It might make it more dynamic if you relocated the silhouette to somewhere off-center, and perhaps made it a bit smaller. As it stands your silhouette is larger than the background, and it should be the people in awe of the galaxy that are small, not the galaxy itself :)

I think the intent was exactly what you're criticizing.

Wally, I like it :)

The people were meant to be the focal point. It was for a chick. :p

Hmm, I understand what you are saying Mike, and I tried messing with size and composition, and following the rule of thirds and all that jazz, but I liked having the couple positions directly underneath the eye of the galaxy.

Here is the version with them off to the side and smaller:

meandgaby13sidevk3.jpg

Yeah, I don't know. I'm not sure if I like it better this way, though I can't really make up my mind.

EDIT: After getting some outside opinions I came to the conclusion that while off to the side is more visually pleasing in some sense, my girlfriend would appreciate it in the center more due to the focus on the couple, so that's what I stuck with.

Thanks for the comments, though! =]

Keep both versions in mind though. The center does display attention for the couple. But the off-center looks more awe-inspiring... maybe a better choice if you want to display it publicly for possibly others to download.

EDIT: After getting some outside opinions I came to the conclusion that while off to the side is more visually pleasing in some sense, my girlfriend would appreciate it in the center more due to the focus on the couple, so that's what I stuck with.

my girlfriend

visually pleasing

after getting some

Ahem. It's clear what the subtext says, and I fully agree with the notion that great works of art are made only for the acquisition of the hoochie.

Ahem. It's clear what the subtext says, and I fully agree with the notion that great works of art are made only for the acquisition of the hoochie.

Drat. You figured me out.

Well, this afternoon I went over to Wal-Mart and printed it out (the one with the island at the center) as an 8x10 in semi-gloss and picked up a classy solid black frame, wrote up a nice little note, and drove over to my girlfriend's house.

She loved it :D I'll leave it at that.

Drat. You figured me out.

Well, this afternoon I went over to Wal-Mart and printed it out (the one with the island at the center) as an 8x10 in semi-gloss and picked up a classy solid black frame, wrote up a nice little note, and drove over to my girlfriend's house.

She loved it :D I'll leave it at that.

You dirty skank. :p

On topic: I have zero artistic flare when it comes to painting, sketching, etc. but I do enjoy photographing the random and not so random. A few of my photos are on here - http://flickr.com/photos/joyousphotos/ -

Archived