• Bastila Shan
    • Mission Vao
    • Fem Revan
    • Juhani
    • Yuthura Ban

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OT, I'm a Bastila kind of man. Mission is kind of annoying and kiddish, but not intolerable. Juhani always kinda bothered me. I guess I'm a little racist to half-cat people. And Yuthura is nasty evil! She wants to kill you! Who can love that??

I certainly can. It shows her cunning and witt, making her a more in-deph character. She one of the few sith in the game that isnt just like "kill!" "death!" etc. She shows the true intelligence and backstabbing that is essential to the sith's power. Not to say that Bastilla has no depth mind you, I just find Yuthura more intruiging. (sp?)

Bastila, and I believe I've said it before, but I love to teach some good manners to spoiled Jedi brats.

Onto Yuthura... I'm sure I could've liked her a bit more if Sleyheron and her quest weren't cut. And I believe some people fondness for her comes from the fact she's a Sith and you can manage to turn her into a "friend" pretty quick.

I think it's funny to see so many guys flock towards Bastila because of their hormones. That is the ONLY reason why she is liked so much.

Personally, I can't really stand Bastila's personality. There is more to girls than just their looks. I really enjoy how Canderous puts her in her place. :xp:

My vote is for Mission. I enjoy many of her comments. :D

*laughs* I have seen pictures of your wife, you aren't going to convince me you love her because of her personality:D

Anyway, most girls have brain and decent personality (KOTOR seems to fail in this regard). Besides, when deciding which girl to try your luck on, you don't have anything else to go by.

As for the KOTOR girls, we have the folowing.

Fem Revan: see my earlier post

Mission: A kid with a mouth bigger than my ego, her personality is LS rebelling against grown-up supremacy. As for her looks, she's a kid nuff said.

Juhani: Desperately needing someone to care, means it's hard to feel anything more than pity for her. Besides her cattiness manage to make certain important activities undesirable :xp:

Yuthura: Except for the fact that she is a manipulative bitch who tries to kill you, her personality isn't all that bad. Unfourtantely her looks is all that bad:D

Bastilla: Alright, she tries to kill you, and is a spoiled jedi princes. However, compared with the others, she's actually quite nice, couple that with being the best looking collection of polygons in the game she wins hands down.

/rant

Bastilla: Alright, she tries to kill you, and is a spoiled jedi princes. However, compared with the others, she's actually quite nice, couple that with being the best looking collection of polygons in the game she wins hands down.

/rant

Bastila runs a little too hot 'n cold, but is the best looking of the 3 female crew (though her competition is really only a cat and a kid, as pointed out above). I've occasinally played Revan as female, but don't really care for the default heads that much.

As looks go....I agree. Still, Shem's point is spot on.

So are you

I mean, after going trrough all the trouble geting to the star forge, you can get (almost) unlimited power to do as you please with, and a decent looking gal. Alternatively, you can give up the power and browbeat the gal into folowing you, which is going to do so much good for the galaxy.

Don't try to tel me you chose option 2:p

Umm....,no comment. :xp:

Mission: A kid with a mouth bigger than my ego, her personality is LS rebelling against grown-up supremacy. As for her looks, she's a kid nuff said.

Juhani: Desperately needing someone to care, means it's hard to feel anything more than pity for her. Besides her cattiness manage to make certain important activities undesirable

Yuthura: Except for the fact that she is a manipulative bitch who tries to kill you, her personality isn't all that bad. Unfourtantely her looks is all that bad

You are one funny dude mur'phon.

Tot: I would argue that the reason why she is popular has more to do with the uglyness/anoyingness/weirdness of the other alternatives, than her looks. Hence I disagree with shems "Only cause she brings life to my pants". Looking at your post it seems like you agree.

Not quite, Murph. Best looking of a bunch doesn't mean great looking, merely BETTER looking than alternatives. I'm actually more in alignment with your comment in post 15. I do think it's kind of funny to see fan boys going "She's HOT!!111!!" or similiar comments. Overall, Bastila is "better looking" than the other girls, but sort of annoying.

*laughs* I have seen pictures of your wife' date=' you aren't going to convince me you love her because of her personality:D[/quote']I never thought I would ever say this in public, but since you brought it up; it looks like I have to to clear the air.

Yes, my wife is a beautiful woman; no doubt. However, it's not because of her looks that I love her. She's a fantastic person and has a fun upbeat personality and she treats me with a high respect. Her looks are a bonus to what she gives me.

Now, I've dated plenty of attractive women and I have learned that just because they're attractive, doesn't mean you'll have a successful marriage/relationship with them. Looks only go so far and if you get a girlfriend, you'll learn that pretty fast.

I love how no-one's voted fem revan:D
I fixed that. Personally, I like and dislike all the NPC in KOTOR equally and since I usually play as a female I choice Revan. At least she did not whine incessantly like some of the female NPC, ie Bastila, Juhani and Carth. By the way, why isn’t Carth in the poll?:D

Since I do not equate my life to a fictional character, I don’t consider my vote to be a “little narcissistic.”;)

it looks like I have to to clear the air.

No need, t'was just a joke/compliment:)

because they're attractive, doesn't mean you'll have a successful marriage/relationship with them

Define successful, I find looks to be enough for short relationships. When it comes to marriage *shudders*, I agree with you, though it would take a very special someone to make me endure that.

Looks only go so far and if you get a girlfriend, you'll learn that pretty fast.

Nice barb:clap2: too bad I have a girlfriend. Maybe I'm just very lucky, but it seems like most girls are rather nice to be around (hence I have very few male friends). In short relationships, I find looks to be the most important factor. But even in long/"permanent" relationships, looks matter a lot (to me). To know the personality of a girl through and through I have to date them, in which case it makes sence to try my luck on the best looking first.

By the way, why isn’t Carth in the poll?

Because those saying he/she is a girl are (wanabe)/heterosexual terrified of being wrong?:xp:

I didn't really care much for Johnny, Yuthura was OK, but she just wasn't my type (and the Sith uniform... ugh [i swear, the only thing missing was the red armband on the left bicep]), Lashowe would have looked better if she had longer hair (personality isn't much of an issue with her), Forn Dodonna is too old (but the Admiral bit gives her some points), Selven would have been fun to seduce but that's about it (dunno how long I'd wanna' keep an assassin around, no matter how good she might be), Belaya never went anywhere but I do wonder if there was something there, melting Ice could have led to fun times, and as for Mission... If I say anything about that BO would most likely come after me

Hmm...let's see...

I hate Juhani. I hate Yuthura for pretty much the same reason(s). And mission's a bratty little girl. :xp:

Do we get to know why? Or do we have to guess? :xp:

And of course Mission's bratty, she's a teenager. :rolleyes::xp:

Do we get to know why?

Nope. :xp:

Or do we have to guess? :xp:

Yup. :xp:

And of course Mission's bratty, she's a teenager. :rolleyes::xp:

Hey, at least you got that one. :xp:

Ok...hmm...why do I hate Juhani...? Well, the character was severely underdeveloped (and rather cliched, of course), and it doesn't really make a difference whether you kill her on Dantooine or not.

Yuthura, same as above, only replace "Dantooine" with "Korriban". Yuthura was actually slightly more developed than Juhani...but it doesn't make a difference because she's so dull and pointless. :p Oh, and it's much easier and worth more in terms of items and XP to kill her.

Happy now? :p

Ok...hmm...why do I hate Juhani...? Well, the character was severely underdeveloped (and rather cliched, of course), and it doesn't really make a difference whether you kill her on Dantooine or not.

You think she's underdeveloped? :confused: Why? I thought she was one of the best developed characters in the game. Not to mention she has the most to say about each planet you visit, even though they were cut. :xp:

Yuthura, same as above, only replace "Dantooine" with "Korriban". Yuthura was actually slightly more developed than Juhani...but it doesn't make a difference because she's so dull and pointless. :p Oh, and it's much easier and worth more in terms of items and XP to kill her.
Did you ever talk to Yuthura on Dantooine after convincing her to leave the Sith and give the Jedi another chance?

Happy now? :p
No. :(

I agree with JCarter that Juhani was underdeveloped as a character. She was just too cliche, and the lack of dynamic development left me wanting as the game progressed. The other characters I found much easier to identify with.

Of course I believe I remember Melly mentioning somewhere before that Bao-Dur was interesting and developed, and I certainly disagree with that too. I like Bao-Dur, but just couldn't get too interested in his story since he didn't provide me with much of one. So perhaps it's just a matter of disagreement on how characters should be developed as opposed to which characters were developed more.

You think she's underdeveloped? :confused: Why? I thought she was one of the best developed characters in the game. Not to mention she has the most to say about each planet you visit, even though they were cut. :xp:

Yeah, they were cut. :xp: And those were the only times she said anything (no banter, and a lot of her other lines were cut too). And I still say she was underdeveloped, but to each his/her own.

My problem with Juhani, as I said above, was that she was rather cliched, just your typical crazed woman who fell to the dark side in the beat of an eye and could be redeemed just as quickly. Other than that, there was nothing there. No personality, no character development (since it all happened way back on Dantooine, if you let her live...or again, just as quickly, when Xor shows up; nothing in between), and a lot of history that wasn't all that interesting, since I didn't care whether she lived or died in the present, much less the past. :xp: "Hey, I asked for your name, not your life story!" :xp:

Did you ever talk to Yuthura on Dantooine after convincing her to leave the Sith and give the Jedi another chance?

Nope, Dantooine had been long bombed, so Yuthura just disappeared. Not Yuthura's fault, I guess. But even so, it doesn't really matter if your only reward was some extra dialogue. You don't even get that with Juhani, though. :xp:

No. :(

Good. :xp:

Well, I did have a nice post all typed up but the forums ate it, must be the Darth Nihilus of forums. :xp:

Yeah, they were cut. :xp: And those were the only times she said anything (no banter, and a lot of her other lines were cut too). And I still say she was underdeveloped, but to each his/her own.
That's because at one time, she was cut entirely from the game, (or so I've heard) under the pretense that she was "too much content for female character vs. male characters" they can't fool me it was because she's a lesbian. But cutting her out left problems in the plot so she was put back in the half-arsed way we see now, with her romance gutted and difficult to trigger (what is there can be triggered though, with some effort and careful timing).

I will say that I used to hate Juhani, until I actually listened to what she had to say. Then my hate turned to empathy. ;)

My problem with Juhani, as I said above, was that she was rather cliched, just your typical crazed woman who fell to the dark side in the beat of an eye and could be redeemed just as quickly.
I would have to say that she was easy to redeem in the first place because she wanted to be, but was afraid to go back for fear of being punished. Anyway, what I loved about her, and Yuthura if you talk to her on Dantooine, is that they show that coming back to the light and staying there isn't easy. That's one of the things that's always annoyed me about Bastila's storyline is that you never got to talk to her post redemption. :(

"Hey, I asked for your name, not your life story!" :xp:
Actually, you did ask for her life story. :xp:

Good. :xp:
They're right, you really are Darth Carterious aren't you? :xp:

Gurges-Ahter, I'm a raving Bao fangirl, we're a crazy lot and you can't talk sense into us. :xp: I guess I just see more than most in Bao, maybe because I drag him everywhere with me. Besides he has the best line in the entire game IMHO, the one in my sig. :)

Archived