Home

[ART] Ewok's Art Stuffs

Rachel_Ewok

Hiya!

Well, I have alot of artsy things I could post... But I start out with one of my favorite sketches. This particular sketch took me a while, once I was done with pencil... I thought she would look great if I tried colouring her on the computer... and well, it certainly wasn't photoshop... But I tried my best... :emodanc: and that's what I came up with.

This is Ronia Zapri, she is a twi'lek RPG character of mine...

If you like, maybe I'll post more stuff later...

And if you have any constructive critisism, I'd love to hear it... I always want to get better!! ^^

Image1.jpg

This is a beautiful piece here. The only recommendation I can make is to make sure the eyes are looking in the same direction. Maybe its just me but they seem to be looking different ways. I know that always happens to me when I draw manga.

But overall this is quite good, I especially like the boots, belt and headtails. Keep up the work and I look forward to more artwork from you:)

-HOP

Thank you very much!

Now, here is a sketch I did of Visas Marr a more than one year ago, I found it while looking through my photobucket account... and... I still really like this sketch (and I think I've improved a little since this one two. ^^)

visas.jpg

I think that you have definately improved over that year or two! It is still nice, but is not nearly as good as the one in your first post. Great improvement!

Quite true. It is a good sketch but I think you have improved since then and its still quite pleasing to see such nice Star Wars art.:) Keep on drawing!

~HOP

Here is another older piece I found. If I recall correctly, this is the first I ever coloured using the computer...

I'm actually working on a charcoal of Leia right now, but I still like this one. XD

Sorry, I really haven't had the time to upload new things... But here is something older, enjoy. XD

colour.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a sketch I did recently, this is Arwen from the Lord of the Rings...

The crown in her hair didn't turn out so clear, but otherwise I'm pleased with the result...

I tried experimenting with charcoal, as I wanted something different than just pen and ink then colouring in GIMP...

The almost... sepia toning around the edges was because of my scanner, I actually like it, because I didn't expect it to turn out like that and also it looks almost like an etching on ivory or something... *shrugs*

How think?

arwen.jpg

I haven't used color, so I can't criticize you for that. However, I think that you'd do very well if you got away from that. Although you have a full, blue twi'lek, the left arm doesn't look 3D.

My recommendation is this: try to use lines to define the edges alone or use shadows. Don't try to use both or you detract from the quality of the shadows. I have had the same problem with some of my sketches, but I've never used photoshop as you did.

If you do use photoshop (or something similar), try using the 'color balance' function or 'color saturation' functions. These could keep the shadows of grey sketches and replace it with color.

@ High on pie: Thanks... double thanks. :D Who is your avatar...?

@ Darth_Yuthura: Thank you, I'm still getting familiar with GIMP, as I was using Paintshop before... That's really good advice, I'll try it with my next sketch. ^^

@ Rev7: Thanks! (Let's see some of your art!! :xp:)

Very nice artwork... :) (Jmac, I know you like to have fun and joke around with people about things, but seriously, maybe you should lay off of Rev7 a bit... This whole Jmac vs Rev7 thing is getting really old. :/)

I agree. Thread derailment fixed. --Jae

@ High on pie: Thanks... double thanks. :D Who is your avatar...?

Honestly, I have no clue. :xp: I thought it was well drawn anime and I liked the falling rocks so I used it.

With a little practice, GIMP will work the way you want. My friend took a while to master it but when she did it was great. Looking forward to more art from ya!

~HOP

• 2 months later...
Here's a sketch I did recently, this is Arwen from the Lord of the Rings...

The crown in her hair didn't turn out so clear, but otherwise I'm pleased with the result...

I tried experimenting with charcoal, as I wanted something different than just pen and ink then colouring in GIMP...

The almost... sepia toning around the edges was because of my scanner, I actually like it, because I didn't expect it to turn out like that and also it looks almost like an etching on ivory or something... *shrugs*

How think?

arwen.jpg

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!! I is legen-wait-for-it-dary!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!

• 3 months later...

Hey guys! Haven't updated in a while... So I thought I'd give you a couple

Here is Esmeralda from Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame

esmarelda.jpg

Here is that same Arwen picture, I rescanned it.. Finally it looks better!

arwen1.jpg

Here is a still life a did three years ago... Yes I'm going back into the archives. XD

fortunecookie.jpg

My eyes and lips have gotten better since this drawing, but I like the hands I drew here.

hands.jpg

Another still life, I like this one:

tools.jpg

Barn Owl, did this last week, using a photo reference:

owl.jpg

Lions, also did this last week. I'm turning it into a painting: just a concept sketch really =P:

lions.png

And the last drawing I did in 2008... Ahsoka! I finished this on New Years Eve five minutes to midnight: we were watching the new Clone Wars movie... I was inspired XD

CCI00012-1.jpg

That's all, I'll be updating more frequently from now on! ;)

PS. I would really like it if Miss Emlain commented, becuase I so admire her artwork... I need some constructive critisizm so mine can be pretty too. =D

Hellooo. I figured thta seen as though you've commented on mine, I would repay the favor :)

Here we go:

For Arwen: I like the general drawing. Her hair and crown came out great. Wonderful job on those. Her face though, is a little "skew-wiff" in some places. Example: Her left eye is a little higher then what it needs to be. Maybe just bring it down a fraction my help even that out. Her nose lookes a little flat. Maybe adding a bit more shape to it, whilst adding some shading [only a little bit, try not to over-shade :) ] to give it a "full" length and volume look.

And lastly: you could bring the lips to the side a little more so the small incline of her top lip can be position in line with the tip of her nose. It just gives the face an aspect of symmetry.

I love the picture of the lions. Wonderfull work there, and nothing I need to add :D

I also love the owl. How you gave a little more detail to the face than to the rest of the body was a nice touch. [i don't know if you meant to do that, but nice touch all the same :xp: ]

For Ahsoka, are her arms and legs supposed to be that skinny? That's the only thing that kinda bugs me with that picture. But, it's your drawing and if you're happy with it, then I am :D:D:D

You've improved a hell of a lot and I think you're drawings over all are awesomeness.

I really hope I wasn't too mean with some of the things I said, and if I was, I apologize.

I DO like your work, and I hope to see more of it in the future.

Keep it up and good luck! :D

[[EDIT: OK, for Arwen, I was going from the re-scanned picture. The picture beforehand looks better, I think, expect with the same issue with the lips. But other than that, as I said, I prefer the before version than the re-scanned one.]]

Whoa, what an update. I'll go through them one by one, shall I?

My favorite is the chopsticks and fortune cookie one. Your color choice in that one was perfect. No criticism to be made on that one.

Ahsoka!!! :D:D:D I absolutly love her character. As with what BFA said: Her legs and arm are skinny, but that is how she is shown in the TV series...so I think it's their fault. :)

I can't wait to see your lion painting, somehow you gave them both emotions.

As for Arwen: The hair and crown came out much better, but the left eye (her right) is a bit too high and is darker than the other.

The Owl: I would recommend adding finishing touches to the legs because they just seem to fade out...unless that is what you were going for.

I think you are greatly improving. Well done! Normally I don't criticize (because I have a limited knowledge of art) but I noticed that you wanted it...I tried to be nice about it. I think you have great potential that many of us, like me, are not blessed with. Run with it! :D

Great to see the thread updated!

~HOP

@Mr. BFA. Thank you! =D Arwen needs help, I know. XD I'm working on a different sketch of her. ;) Thank you for all your suggestions, I'm trying to improve my figure drawing as well as my portraits.

As for Ahsoka. Yes, in the TV show she is amazingly skinny, and I was trying to go for that style. That drawing is very stylized, I could re-draw her with more "human" proportions, but I like this one styled like that. Sometimes I like to exagerrate things when I draw. =P

Don't worry about critisizing my art. I like hearing how I can improve it. You're good! ^^ *thumbs up*

@HOP, Thank you! I love the fortune cookie one too. The owl was another painting in progress, and I got lazy with the concept sketch when I got to the feet. XD I'll go back and fix it. Drat, I couldn't get away with it, you noticed. ;) Also with Ahsoka, I'll draw another and give her real proportions. It was fun to make her styled like that. =D

Yay! I'm glad to know I'm improving!! ^^

@LordOfTheFish: Thank you! I love it when people comment on my artwork.

=3

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

WOW! I haven't logged on to LF in a long time. So where do I go first? To the art thread of course!

I've checked some of the new art that is up since I've been gone, there is alot, and there's alot of great stuff.

As for my art, well I've been doing alot of stuff, I'm taking Independent Study, and next year I plan on applying to a few art colleges.

I look at all this old stuff of mine in the thread and I can't help but smile, because I feel that I've improved so much in the months that I've been gone.

So to everyone I've missed (if you still remember me that is xD) I'd just like to give a quick hello, and a recent artwork that I'm pretty proud of.

http://fav.me/d2c0yo3

It is from a scene in The Notebook, I coloured it with Copic markers, one of my newest favourite meduims!

If you're interested in my art, and would like to see more, here is a link to my dA page (and as an added bonus you'll get to see a picture of me.... The elusive Ewok who never used to post my picture online lol)

http://rachelewok.deviantart.com/

Until next time!

R_E

=D

Archived