Home

Is Carth secretly Force Sensative?

PoiuyWired

Is Carth secretly Force Sensative?

No I am not saying he is a jedi or he can do things with the Force, but I think maybe he is Force Sensative to a certain (weak) degree.

Reason? Rakghouls.

Well, as we know it now, the infection affects humans (that are non Force Sensative) only. And as we know it thru the game, Carth is immune to it. Well, Revan too but he is a Jedi, and Mission/bigZ are not humans.

So Carth has been beating up them beasties without getting infected... that might be the reason.

I think he might be. Not because of the rakghoul thing, but for a few other reasons. There are a bunch of little things that just don't add up--his unusual intuition, for example. He can see Force ghosts. His son becomes a Dark Jedi (though it's possible Dusty got that from his mother). He's from Telos, which was founded by Jedi outcasts. Lots of little things. There's no proof either way, but I think it's possible.

Did I miss something about rakghouls? :confused:

There's also something in K2 that might lend credence to FS Carth:

Carth says to Bastila: "And after meeting the exile, I'm convinced that there are worse things to lose in the galaxy." Carth could feel the sense of loss in the Exile.

There's also something in K2 that might lend credence to FS Carth:

Carth says to Bastila: "And after meeting the exile, I'm convinced that there are worse things to lose in the galaxy." Carth could feel the sense of loss in the Exile.

Are you sure that's not a reference to him loosing his wife/(perhaps Dustil), than it is being FS)?

Are you sure that's not a reference to him loosing his wife/(perhaps Dustil), than it is being FS)?

Yeah, pretty sure it means what I said. He's saying that there are worse things to lose than those you love. :)

It was revealed in the first Vector arc that the disease has no affect on aliens or Force sensitives. Still, I don't think it means anything; Canderous never got the disease.

Yeah, that was my impression as well.

It was revealed in the first Vector arc that the disease has no affect on aliens or Force sensitives. Still, I don't think it means anything; Canderous never go the disease.

That is the lamest thing I have ever heard, I can't remember who said it but I'll quote them, "Who writes the EU now, monkeys?" Since in game it's said repeatedly that anyone infected with the disease gets mutated. :rolleyes:

That line could mean anything.

Eh...I suppose. Like I said, there's no real proof either way.

That is the lamest thing I have ever heard, I can't remember who said it but I'll quote them, "Who writes the EU now, monkeys?" Since in game it's said repeatedly that anyone infected with the disease gets mutated. :rolleyes:

It's actually not as dumb as it sounds. Well, the disease not affecting Force sensitives isn't as dumb as it sounds. The rest is actually much worse. :xp:

I wouldn't be surprised if Carth had some force sensativity. I mean he was a great pilot, and his son was a force sensative. I think that to some degree, Carth is force sensative.

though it's possible Dusty got that from his mother.

Well, to me it would be implied that he got this trait from his father. We don't know hardly anything about Carth's wife. However, I'm not disregarding that it could have been from his mother. :)

His intuition could be attributed to the force, but seems someone Han Solo-ish (i.e. "I've gotta bad feeling about this..."). Who knows, there have been some Jedi who were more into flying/piloting back in the day (or should I say in the future) Plo Koon and or Saesse Tiin (sp?).

I wouldn't be surprised if Carth had some force sensativity. I mean he was a great pilot, and his son was a force sensative. I think that to some degree, Carth is force sensative.

Well, to me it would be implied that he got this trait from his father. We don't know hardly anything about Carth's wife. However, I'm not disregarding that it could have been from his mother. :)

His mother was Arren Kae ;):p

I think Carth most likely was FS, I think its hinted at the Han Solo was FS and he isn't trained to be a Jedi.

Yeah, pretty sure it means what I said. He's saying that there are worse things to lose than those you love. :)

Sorry wires crossed my end, I thought you were saying the opposite :)

He does have an unusual affinity for Jedi, if you think about it....

First, het let's Zayne Carrick escape (in the eyes of the Republic a wanted criminal) and takes the visions Zayne has seriously.

Then, at the Ascada negotiations, he again 'foresees' trouble and brings Zayne his equipment after which Zayne, with some help,(violently) saves the day.

And a few years later, he AGAIN finds himself in the company of famous Jedi, this time Revan and Bastilla.

It's actually a very interesting thought, Carth force sensative... :)

Why did he kept that fact secret on the whole K1, however?

There's three possibilities there:

He dislikes Jedi, or at least doesn't fully trust them, so he probably wouldn't want to turn his life over into their hands.

He doesn't know.

Or he's not Force sensitive enough to be trained as a Jedi, but has enough sensitivity to have a higher perception and intuition than your average Joe.

There's three possibilities there:

He dislikes Jedi, or at least doesn't fully trust them, so he probably wouldn't want to turn his life over into their hands.

He doesn't know.

Or he's not Force sensitive enough to be trained as a Jedi, but has enough sensitivity to have a higher perception and intuition than your average Joe.

Personally I think the most likely scenario is a combination of options 2 and 3. He has a higher perception and intuition than your average Joe, but doesn't know it; at least not to the point where he believes he's force sensitive.

That's pretty unlikely, IMO; the Jedi were low on knights, true, but training one takes a life and Carth himself is far too old (don't mention Revan here, we all know he wasn't trained during K1 in fact).

He doesn't know.

Is that even possible? If he doesn't know, poking around so many jedi on the Hawk and Dantooine would surely reveal it.

And enough to not be poisoned by Rakghouls. Makes sense to me.

Is that even possible? If he doesn't know, poking around so many jedi on the Hawk and Dantooine would surely reveal it.

Sure it's possible. Harry Potter didn't know he was a wizard until Hagrid told him. :lol:

Seriously, though, if all people are force-users in their own right, naturally there's a section of the spectrum that includes people with higher levels of sensitivity than average, but not high enough to notice they are force sensitive.

Archived