Home

Is Carth secretly Force Sensative?

PoiuyWired

When I first played through the game I thought he may of been Force Sensitive. I think part of the reason is because of his behaviour throughout the game, I mean the way he acts, just says to me he's Force Sensitive. But that could just be me. :)

Carth is as much a Force-Sensitive as Wedge

I agree. Every pivotal character doesn't have to be Force sensitive. There are people in real life who have great intuition just from a practical view of things.

And it was mentioned, he's had run ins with Jedi all the time. How could all of them not sensed his potential? At one point he was even at an enclave full of them.

Personally, I like to think of him as a plain old guy-of-the-mundane-world-variety, as the NPCs of KOTOR and TSL are stuffed with Jedi as it is. It's nice to have someone who's dead to it, or at least relatively dead to it. A sort of Jagged Fel type character.

Being a bit FS doesn't mean he can be FS enough to be a Jedi/Sith/etc. It just means that he is a bit more "iffy" than the mundane. And really, even if the Jedis can sense it, it might be too weak of any importance to both Carth himself and the Council to be of any use, so its not something worth mentioning. Even thru training his potental might be so limited that the best he could do would be simple stuff like guessing the color of underwear from people he come accross or other trival things.

Well, except that it does save him from rakgouls, and he would probably attract them vornskr 'hounds should he ever see one.

On Rakgouls. If they bite you, you will get inflicted with the disease. Well, your party member will probably get bitten for more than once when fighting them during the game. At the time I think your choice of members are Revan(jedi), Carth(???), Mission(hot jb Twi'lek) and later Big Z(oversized ewok)

The FS theory explains why Carth is not mutated after being bitten(if any)

That is the lamest thing I have ever heard, I can't remember who said it but I'll quote them, "Who writes the EU now, monkeys?" Since in game it's said repeatedly that anyone infected with the disease gets mutated. :rolleyes:

Well, in a humanocentric world "anyone" probably means "any human", which is what composes of the npc you meet in the undercity anyways. The theory also explains why the pig heads are not mutated even as they run around half naked in the sewage battling 'gouls with melee weapons.

Force sensitives are rare enough, and are probably not considered in normal researches, and Jedis ... no one dares to do research on them and see if they can be inflicted yet.

Nope, Mandies can get the plague too. In fact, every single person in Vector who gets the plague--save one--is a Mandalorian.

The Disease in Vector is a *much more* powerful version.

Yeah, except the "much more powerful" version can't infect non-humans or Force sensitives either. In any case, Canderous isn't a Mandalorian, so it makes no difference either way.

Depends on your Definition of what makes a 'Mando. Though I am not going to open "that can of worms" about Culture vs Species. But generally Canderous is considered to be Of Clan Ordos as per Mandalorian culture. And it seems that, from the comic, that the Mandalorians are accepting many species into their clans as long as they fight well and learn their culture. This kind of friendlyness to other species are quite unmatched in the Galactic Republic.

Mandalorians are a culture, not a species. Canderous is a (presumably) human belonging to the Mandalorian culture, Ordo Clan. The fact that Canderous doesn't get the disease is probably more likely down the gameplay imperatives. If the story were novelised, i doubt that Canderous would be bitten, thus rendering his actual species and vulnerability a moot point.

I'm talking genetically here. Canderous is human. Carth is human as well. They both were in the Undercity, and both fought raks. Neither was infected. Not becuase Carth is FS and because Canderous is a Mandie, but because neither were bitten. As I said, the raks are completely irrelevant.

Thing is, candy is an uncontrolable NPC in the undercity, so the way the story goes he can remain unbitten, due to his armor(aka those melee shield thingy) and whatever it is.

Carth is player controlled, and it is more than likely that he would be attacked and bitten in the hands of a player (esp ones that would do fun things like run the characters around nikkid, like what I did with Mission)

Archived