Home

Auto level-ups?

During my 1st play-through, I manually leveled-up all of my characters. It took forever, but at least they had the skills I wanted them to have. I've just started my 2nd play-through, and I only get about 20 minutes/week to play... I'm considering auto leveling-up everyone but myself. What's the general consensus on auto leveling-up?

NEVER auto-level up for ANYONE, EVER. The last time I auto-leveled two characters, they had literally the exact same skills and feats. Take the time to get their skills right.
QFT

The only NPC I ever auto-level are the ones I never use. Auto-leveling your NPC will severely handicap your choices when you have to split your party. Plus you may end up with some useless powers, feats and skills. Go-To and Disciple are the only NPC I ever use auto-level on and that is only because they never leave the Ebon Hawk, now that I think of it I don’t believe they get leveled at all.

The only NPC I ever auto-level are the ones I never use.
QFT.

Truth be told, I play RPGs because I'm addicted to level-ups and never turn down an opportunity to do so (we won't talk about the hours I spent building random level 20 characters in the NWN2 trainer).

(we won't talk about the hours I spent building random level 20 characters in the NWN2 trainer).

You are not alone. I have pages of characters I've built to 20 but never used, I simply do it because I can.

To stay on topic... if I'm playing Sentinel I let them auto-level the droids (Though I do T3's levels on Peragus), because I'd already be covering their skills and they have a pretty limited feat list. With the non-droids, I take control because I pay more attention to them, plus I sometimes need to pump up their Wisdom so their force powers aren't entirely rubbish, something which I don't think the default builds would do for most of them.

Thanks for the advice, all. Perhaps it won't take "forever" this time, Ctrl, since I'm more familiar with the feats/powers/attributes I want. I got annoyed at times during my first play-through leveling up when I hadn't used a NPC in a while and I had to manually level them up 6-7 times.

Archived