Home

[K1] Recruitable Calo Nord

SpartanPride

I just thought it would be sort of neat if someone made Calo Nord a recruitable party member.

You would recieve him after you kill Calo Nord for the second time, and he would replace TM-34.

When he talk to him, his dialog would be, "one," and then you know the rest.

When you get to three you have to fight and kill him, just to make it interesting.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that would require a fair amount of scripting and all for what? Just to have him as a party member for 10 seconds.

Hey Jebus, you know editing out mod warnings/edits is against the rules right? Don't spam threads with this kind of post again. You also better catch up on our forum rules, I am sure you don't need a link, right? -RH

I think that's a cool idea, but IMHO it would be better if he replaced Candy. And then Canderous could be the person that attacks you on the first planet after Dantooine. Of course, this would be a very large and difficult conversion project.

_EW_

Well... I thought he could replace TM-34, since the droid is pretty much used only once.

You would have him more than ten seconds, if you backed off before he got to three ;)

Personally, I don't really care when you get Calo, I just thought it would make more sense if you got him after his storyline in the normal game.

Anyway, if it's too much work for too small of a mod, I don't really care; Just thought it would be neat.

I agree, he would make an interesting party member. Might be able to make him turn on you later in the quest, say after you get to the unknown planet just do a quick dialogue of him turning on you for the credits. Give him some good buffs for the fight (call it having had time to study you in combat) and fight him. Would make sense for him to turn on you there since the star forge is right there for him to report to malak at and get payment, plus you could say he broke the engine parts on the hawk to guarantee a landing on the planet instead of relying on the field. I do agree with the T3M4 replacement though since he's only used once on Taris, but a fight against Canderous I have to admit sounds pretty cool. Sadly something of this scope is beyond my skills, but I'm hoping someone does it, nothing wrong with party options.

Well... I thought he could replace TM-34, since the droid is pretty much used only once.

You would have him more than ten seconds, if you backed off before he got to three ;)

Personally, I don't really care when you get Calo, I just thought it would make more sense if you got him after his storyline in the normal game.

Anyway, if it's too much work for too small of a mod, I don't really care; Just thought it would be neat.

No, it sounds cool. I was just saying that the alternative I presented (replacing Canderous and having Canderous attack you) would take a lot more effort.

I was in no way trying to dissuade you or any others from doing the mod as you intended. It looks like a cool idea.

_EW_

I don't think everyone is getting what I'm saying.

You wouldn't need to kill Calo Nord, ever. If you wanted to, you could.

He would be a party member, but when you talk to him, the dialogue would go something like this.

--------

Calo Nord: One.

PC RESPONSES:

One? What are you saying? [Dialogue Continues]

or

Okay then... [Ends Dialogue]

Calo Nord: Two.

PC RESPONSES:

One, two? Why are you counting? [Continues Dialogue]

or

Right... Goodbye [Ends Dialogue]

Calo Nord: Three. [After this, you begin to fight with him]

---------

Now, if you didn't want to kill him, you just wouldn't let him count to three. That's just so he would have something to say when you talk to him.

I think that this would actually be a fairly easy mod to pull off. The only scripts I could see would be

Recruit Calo

Change Calo to hostile

And there may be some more, but I've never been a "recruit" person.

What you may want to add is that when Calo dies, you re-recruit T3-M4. As it would be a waste for that slot never to be used again.

OR you could find a bounty hunter, he is impressed that you killed Calo and wants to join you. Voila, two recruitment mods in one! :D

No I mean, all he does is stand there with four lines he can say? That sounds like a terrible party member. You really need some more lines there.

Umm... he's already been developed as a character.

If the OP feels that Calo should keep his badassness even after he joins your party, then it's not really your place to say it sounds terrible. It's his request.

_EW_

If the OP feels that Calo should keep his badassness even after he joins your party, then it's not really your place to say it sounds terrible. It's his request.

Took the words out of my mouth. :)

Well - I just thought some people might want to have Calo Nord in their party, and since TM-34 doesn't really have a storyline either, he might be a good char to replace.

If someone wanted to revoice him, that would be pretty cool; but it would be a lot more work than this just simply doing my original request.

Umm... he's already been developed as a character.

Well I guess...I apologise for insulting the mod though.

Calo doesn't strike me as being 'chatty', re-using some of his lines might therefor work.

There is also the fact that he wouldn't be a party member for long anyway.

He could be a party member as long as you wanted him to be; it just you CAN kill him if you WANT. (That, or he kills you ;) )

Archived