Home

Lucas retcons the Han shoots last retcon!

Prime

I do.

The fact that a piece of canon was just completely changed is ridiculous. Gotta maintain the integrity of the story. It wouldn't have bothered me if Greedo shot first in '77, but after they decided that Han should be a badass, they should have left it like that.

_EW_

Lucas was in control of the original and the Special Edition versions, so I don't see any difference in "canon." My major gripe for the reissue was that they didn't completely rework the lightsaber effects. I still cringe when I watch Ben Kenobi and Vader clash with sabers that bend and flex. :xp:

I got e-mailed this pic a few months back, it's cool that he wears Star Wars stuff and has a sense of humor, but I think he's wearing it as a poke at those who care so damn much. Han still executed the Rodian, it's all good!!

plus Greedo missing from that distance is just stoopid.
You mean "stupid"? ;)

I think that's the point since Greedo wasn't smart enough to make sure Han could get a hold of his blaster in the first place. ;)

What does bug me though is the scene in RoTS where Sidious easily slays the 3 best saber fighters IN ZE UNIVERSE.

He's the champion of the Sith, the one to realize there thousand year plan, Emperor of thousands of Star Systems, the destroyer of the Jedi... Makes sense to me that he might be able to at least hold his own lol. besides it's been known that Sidious was a serious badass long before Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar, and Kit Fisto were created :)

He's the champion of the Sith, the one to realize there thousand year plan, Emperor of thousands of Star Systems, the destroyer of the Jedi... Makes sense to me that he might be able to at least hold his own lol. besides it's been known that Sidious was a serious badass long before Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar, and Kit Fisto were created :)

Were created? What do you mean? Are you saying the character was made earlier so he should be able to kill three jedi masters in 10 seconds? They should be able to hold their own for a bit longer than that. And if they were so weak, how was Mace (who used to be my avatar) able to not only hold his own but just about beat Sidious?

It just doesn't feel right.

_EW_

Were created? What do you mean? Are you saying the character was made earlier so he should be able to kill three jedi masters in 10 seconds?

_EW_

No, I just added that because some people might come out and say "we didn't know Palpatine used a saber till ep III, but said Jedi are proven warriors etc" it's not a reason for him to be able to beat them, i was just making a point.

another point: all of Sidious' apprentices fought multiple Jedi in the other prequels, it would make sense that there master could at least match that feat :)

On Topic: It makes no difference to Hans character that he didn't shoot first IMO, he still carries a Weapon, is a Scoundrel, and eventually kills Greedo.

Eh...it was still three to one, and those were some three. Plus, he didn't have the element of surprise (they already knew he was a Sith, and most likely armed). I guess he did have the home field advantage, but that doesn't really make a difference in a ten second battle.

Eh...it was still three to one, and those were some three. Plus, he didn't have the element of surprise (they already knew he was a Sith, and most likely armed). I guess he did have the home field advantage, but that doesn't really make a difference in a ten second battle.

TBH, it was 4 to 1.

_EW_

WAre you saying the character was made earlier so he should be able to kill three jedi masters in 10 seconds? They should be able to hold their own for a bit longer than that. And if they were so weak, how was Mace (who used to be my avatar) able to not only hold his own but just about beat Sidious?

Because George Said So.

Archived