Home

Removal of OJP V1.2 from JK3Files

If I understand correctly, OJP has temporarily been removed from JK3files until we can:

1)

Fix the (unexpected) bugs plaguing it

2)

Introduce the reviewers into the whole thing so they have a better scope of the game.

I'm taking full blame and responsibility on this one.

Sorry :9

File is still intact, it's just locked until either sometime in December, or whenever I go in and uncheck the little box. Whichever comes first, probably the latter. At least, I think it's locked until December. I might have locked it until March 1980, dunno, just hit a random time on the menu since we only want it down for three hours at the most.

It's reaso#1, mainly. I'm uploading a fresh - fixed - copy to the FTP, but if someone tries downloading the file while I'm trying to replace it, it'll corrupt both the file and the entry.

But, #2 sounds good. Killing two birds with one stone.

It's not your fault, to err is human. Just be glad you spotted the issues and fixed them so rapidly, eh? ;)

Relabelled the file as 'RC1', no one told me another patch was due, heh.

Also reprocessed the lock, so it shouldn't appear on the front page. Don't know why it didn't go through when Nozy did it, file certainly showed on the front page for me this morning.

Relax, we're slowly debugging so that the game won't get in a hitch when you guys play - y'all have been waiting this long for an official release with such patience, give it another day or so and you'll be hopping onto servers like mating bunnies in spring.

Yeah as tanq said, we're making sure it works so it works without problem. And ETA I would say 2-3 days, although might take longer since we are going to get a more in depth review (which we'll have to show the jk3 files guys da ropez, then they'll have to write ze review).

So by the time you release it, it'll really be more like v1.3, heh?

Usually theres months between each release so 1.3 wont be for a while. We learned a while back that having a a new beta test release everytime theres new code created a ton of annoyance amount new players because we were always telling them to go get the newest version and there were often version conflicts that created bugs such as not being able to get ingame on a server with new code. As an example, for 0.0.9 it went 0.0.9a - 0.0.9v LOL. That's alot of versions ;)

Dont worry, we'll do our best to get this done quickly and thanks so much for your cooperation and patience.

Usually theres months between each release so 1.3 wont be for a while. We learned a while back that having a a new beta test release everytime theres new code created a ton of annoyance amount new players because we were always telling them to go get the newest version and there were often version conflicts that created bugs such as not being able to get ingame on a server with new code. As an example, for 0.0.9 it went 0.0.9a - 0.0.9v LOL. That's alot of versions ;)

It's been 6+ months since the last release and a new version has been promised in "just a few more days" or "next week" for about half that (Max!). People don't want to be jerked around either. :|

I think v0.1.2 needs to be released yesterday (after the crash/walk bugs get fixed) to keep the fans happy. After that, I think it could be followed up by monthly or bimonthly releases.

gah

I just wrote a huge post to reply to the bull**** and then promptly deleted it. I figure that if you understand what needs to be done and why things have been going as they have you wouldn't make remarks like that.

I understand what's going on and why, I'm just as impatient and excited as any other OJP fan in love, and sometimes it's hard not to express the frustration at the "Apparent Lack of Progress" or, as my endearing term for it goes, ALP. Just stoked to try it out is all.:)

Well we can arrange a formal date, say Friday @ 8pm GMT+1 on TNTclan server so people know for certain when to come. That way you and your staff can know at least a day ahead of time and see if they can make it or not. It'd be great if most of your staff can make it - OJP's so much fun with more people.

Archived