Home

Favorite Indiana Jones Gaming Moments [Spoilers]

urluckyday

What's your favorite Indiana Jones game?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Indiana Jones game?

• Last Crusade (for PC)
    • Fate of Atlantis
    • Infernal Machine
    • Emperor's Tomb
    • I don't play Indy games (shame, shame)

With the fourth installment out, I know I am personally trying to finish some of my unfinished Indiana Jones games (Infernal Machine and Emperor's Tomb). I'm sure many others have either already finished these games or are on their way to finishing them.

So, what's your favorite Indiana Jones Video Game moment? Anything like quotes, action sequences, characters, etc...

Personally, my favorite was following the stories in both Fate of Atlantis and Infernal Machine with Sophia. I love her personality, and she fits right in w/ the Indy universe.

• 2 weeks later...

No game will beat Fate of Atlantis (Adventure ver.). Indy3 is good, but it's not even close to FoA. Emperor's Tomb is great (as a platform game) because you can feel the Indy experience. Infernal Machine... the concept was ok but the game was bad (graphics, game play)... I liked the Russian’s music theme though.

^Seriously? The story was amazing, and for the time, the graphics were pretty good...it was a little harder to control the game on the PC, but even so, it wasn't meant to be really that fast paced...

Here's how I rank the games personally (the 3 that I've actually played):

1) FOA - 10/10 (pure perfection)

2) Infernal Machine - 8/10 (brings out the best of Indy w/ some great characters and an awesome story)

3) Emperor's Tomb - 7/10 (platforming with some glitches and a new voice that I think is less than stellar...)

• 6 months later...

Fate of Atlantis was a masterpiece that deserved to be made into a movie much more than what just came out. I would rather have seen the same story told again with Harrison Ford than what they made.

FoA may have been a one-time through challenge, but I really liked the three paths and the graphics were stellar for the time. Loved the music as well, even today, it would have worked just as well in Emperor's tomb.

• 4 months later...

FoA was the best for its awesome dialogue - my signature speaks for itself.

Emperor's Tomb was great for its action sequences and awesome soundtrack.

The Infernal Machine was ok only because Indy had to kowtow to Lara Croft style game instead of leading the genre. Plus I.F. has a difficult time running easily or stable with today's computers or their OSs.

Never played Last Crusade.

<-------I'm still waiting for them to make a game based about me and my exploits!

"There's something here!"

"Well, Well. Look at this."

• 1 month later...

"Ever hear the term 'angry god'? Wait 'till you see me."

"Kerner! What rock did you crawl out from under?"

That's what made FoA so great; because you have so many puzzles that can be done under so many different conditions. I just loved the diversity of the game's scenes, dialogs, and characters. No other games that took after FoA's engine were so well-done in my opinion.

- After defeating Jones, Otto tried to toss him into a bottomless pit, but tripped and fell in himself. No one knows what happened to Jones after that.

• 1 month later...

-Infernal Machine

"Nah, not manly enough. Now I need to entertain myself by tearing your head off."

Even after all these years, I still enjoy going through the game and remembering those years back. The artwork and music for their time was just amazing. No other game using the same engine could rival FoA. Not the Dig, Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle... none of it.

I guess that I like this game purely because it is a timeless classic more than its function.

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Infernal Machine is my favorite Indy game. I remember getting that plus Phantom Menace for my Christmas and spent the best part of the full year playing the games. The controls are a bit iffy and there are bugs a plenty however the story and level design is excellent. The fact I can, at 25, still enjoy a game that came out when I was 13 is a testament to how good it is!

• 3 months later...

Fate of Atlantis is the best Indy game ever made, hands down. There are so many classic moments that it's hard to pick just one. Here are a few of mine:

When Indy feels up Sophia in the dark (c'mon, who HASN'T done that repeatedly for a cheap thrill?), she quips (echoing Mae West): "Is that a ship rib in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

Changing into the captain's outfit aboard the U-boat, the icon for Indy's outfit reads: IndyWear by Lucasfilm. Coincidentally, the original Indy clothes made by Noel Howard (Indy film costumier at Berman & Nathans in London) had 'INDYWEAR' typed on the labels. When I mentioned the FOA joke to Mr. Howard many years ago, he replied that the game reference was an amusing coincidence, and that IndyWear just seemed like an obvious label for the clothes.

The conversation when Indy finds Sophia trapped in the pit below the labyrinth:

INDY: "How do I know it's really you?"

SOPHIA: "If I wasn't Sophia, how would I know about that cute little birthmark on your, ah..."

INDY: "Fine, you're Sophia."

INDY: "Swell, send me a postcard from Valhalla."

KERNER: "Take one more step and you'll get there first!" (this line is SO going in my novelization!)

FRANZ: "Shouldn't you be with the other foreign advisor? And where is Hans?"

INDY: "Hans is taking a nap."

FRANZ: "Hans would never sleep on duty."

INDY: "I didn't say it was voluntary."

INDY: "Hans and Franz sent me."

INDY: "Do you know anything about Atlantis?

KNIFE THROWER: "No, effendi. I only know about knives. And also a little First Aid."

Indy offers the used chewing gum to the Algerian beggar: "I may be a beggar, but I'm not THAT desperate."

I like all of Omar Al-Jabbar's shoddy offerings, but the soap seemed particularly funny because he cited the exact mixture from the label (as if that would really entice somebody into buying a bar of used soap): "How about this lovely bar of soap? It's 99 94/100 pure."

Archived