Home

Lucasforums Twitter - Join us!

leXX

So I was doing my monthly Penny Arcade catch up and I came across this comic...

20080423.jpg

I'm like wtf is Twitter? So I did some research and apparently it's some huge internet phenomenom now. You basically just post a short less than 140 character sentence about what you are doing. It can be anything like "just stepped on a squirrel" or "spent 5 minutes sitting on the toilet trying to poo", anything.

I thought it could be fun to start an LF twitter, so in between posting on LF you can fill the boredom by posting on twitter and see what your fellow LFers are up to. You can update it while you are out and about too via mobile.

So go to my blog and post your email address there. I will send you a Twitter invite, sign up with your forum username eg. LF_leXX and lets get twittering.

Also, post a link to this thread or the blog to all the friends or the forum you visit most regularly so everyone can join in, not just swampies. Spread the word. :)

Okay first, why would you want to know what other people are doing? that's nasty (depends on what their doing) but seriously why? talk about star wars or anything dealing with lucas (LucasForums) and not what everybody else's business is.

Yes, of course, why would we ever want to talk to each other about what we're doing? How silly of us to show any interest in the lives and day to day activities of our friends.

Twitter is just a fun little fluff thing that provides another level of contact for friends and that tacks on maybe twenty seconds to a surfing session. It's not a big deal and nobody is asking you to keep them abreast of your bathroom schedules.

Seriously. This is especially ridiculous considering that you're on an off-topic forum were people tend to generally just talk about things they're doing, subjects they're interested in and life in general.

Do we need to compile a list so we can follow each other or how does this work? Is there a group feature, leXX?

There's no group feature that I can see. I think you just have to click on find & follow and put in everyones email.

Edit: Or maybe just follow my followers as they are added if you can do that.

Ok I think I figured out how we all follow each other. Keep an eye on the people I invite by clicking on my name and then on followers, and from there you can click follow on fellow lfers. A bit long winded way of doing it I know, but I can't see any other way. ><

Hrmm, more fun than I would have thought. I'm surprised five people give a rat's ass about what I'm doing at my computer. Well I'm not surprised Rhett wants to know, but Rhett's a... well he's just Rhett.

Twitter update: Can't sleep.

Just reached down, took a swig of my vodka and orange. Looked back at computer monitor. Yawned. Scratched my balls. Glared at my bedroom door, wished my wife would stop snoring.

Boy, I can see this is going to take off. It's like blogging, only for people with the attention span of a housefly! Goody gumdrops!

*edit* I burped. Then yawned again. Will update my facebook page as time permits.

Archived