Home

I got something!!!*PLEASE READ*

YO peoplez! heres a new idea. You know how you pick the styles just like weapons or force powers? whut if the styles had different levels as well where each level of each style granted more moves for it along with appropriate attack and defense bonuses per style?as a matter of fact we could delete saber attack and saber defense all together and your ability would rely completely on which styles you pick. this also would make people focus more on individual styles that they get used to instead of just picking all the styles and going saber-happy. this would make you practice a style and get used to it, make you physically stronger in a certain style, and be known around as a master of Juyo or Djem-So! cmon give this one a thought. im sure it will take some work, but it could possibly get us more fans. My cousin loved this idea. I hope you do. Tell me what you think. Sorry this was sooo long. i just had to get my idea out.

Well, maybe in the distant future, Darth could hack together something from the Enemy Territory sauce code.

It works in a similar way to what you describe; the more you use something the better you become at its skill. I don't think it should be too hard to make a simple succesful-hit counter that improves a certain aspect of a certain gun when it reaches a certain number of hits.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. We're talking at least V1.3 material here and there's a long way to go to V1.3. You have to remember that DarthDie is our only coder currently and I think the poor guy deserves a break once in a while :p

Maybe a job for x_grievous_x? :p

hmmm BushidoBoy, the force is strong in you.

OJP can learn much, they shall become your apprentice and see the true path of lightsaber use. Lightsaber styles are hard to master, saber defense makes no sense. Defense of a style is determined by your skill in a certain style. OJP system is not good enough in that regard as of yet.

Perhaps they will see the true power of the force some day, but for now they are a Padawan.

^ I'm sorry but you're clinically braindead.

Opinions are like asholes, everyones got them... but yours are probably filled with sperm.

People only insult another to bolster their thoughts of superiority over others... when it is them who are ignorant to the facts and are nothing but a pawns themselves.

Opinions are like asholes, everyones got them... but yours are probably filled with sperm.

People only insult another to bolster their thoughts of superiority over others... when it is them who are ignorant to the facts and are nothing but a pawns themselves.

LOL. Pot, meet kettle. Max can be a cocky *******, but at least he owns up when he realizes he's crossed a line and focuses on making things better. That's a big measure of a good man who isn't arrogant to the core.

Now let's back to work. Or rather, let us get back to work and you...you do whatever it is you do. We're putting in the manual labor to make the best combat system we can, for free, for fun, and frankly, your unsubstantiated remarks just discourages those of us who want put out this next release from getting work done faster; plus, such remarks also paint a false perception for those players who would potentially enjoy OJP.

So for God's sake, man, I'm not going to tell you how to use your time, but at least don't do or say stuff that's degrading and counterproductive. We don't have that many coders, and Bushidoboy's idea's been talked over so many times it's become a distant dream. It's doable, yes, but it's going to take time, and even then, it's not as important as making the core foundation of the combat system playable.

Bells and whistles won't make a game infinitely fun unless the core foundation is solid. That's why OJP has such replay value, because the gameplay was re-imagined from the ground up.

Archived