Home

Walking animation fix question.

What you want is already the way it is.

Dragon doesn't need to be learned, it's as easy as playing with clay-dough. Your obstacle will be to keep working with it long enough, and keeping your brain safe from explosions to due to massive frustration and boredom.

The last time I used dragon I didn't know what the heck was going on. But I have seen screenshots of the newer versions and it looks much better. Hopefully that means I can sit down and fiddle around with it.

I think I may give it a shot before I submit my file to see if I can really add something new.

Instead of making an entirely new animation, do you think it would be easier or possible to just alter the existing running animation? It may be easier for me to just change all eight directions the character runs in, instead of trying to make new ones. This would also help with figureing how many frames I would need and such right?

Thanks Max for pointing out the idle animations. I replaced them with the Stand2 and it worked nicely. When the animation tries to play the jedi will move his/her hand about 2 inches and then reset for about 2 frames. If that is all the distortion then it is fine with me. However now I wonder if it would be possible that replacing them with different stances, and using the readyanim command in a .sab file, will it have the same glitches as the other animations I replaced? I'll give it a test this weekend. I do know that if it does work there will still be the 'bug' where yellow will switch to the new stances during idle, but I can live with that.

If my schedule remains clear this weekend I intend to start fiddiling with Dragon and try to learn it.

I wanted to ask another question; is there an easier way to view animations other than playing modview and waiting for them to get to the part I want to view? Even with speeding up the frames it takes a long time to get into the middle.

Expand the tree-view in the left-hand menu of ModView and double-click the animation you want to view. The viewer will then play only that animation. Obviously only helps if you know the name of the anim you want to view.

Well I downloaded Dragon, and now I'm stuck.

Installed with no problem, and I can make a stance alright. But the help guide linked at the file front forums is vague in its instruction.

Anyone know how I can:

1. import a model (Kyle) with one, two, or staff saber?

2. import the JA animations for editing?

3. save and reload an animation to continue to work on it at a later time?

I made an dual saber stance, and saved both a .gla and .cfg file of it, but now I can't reload it. But I mainly want to learn to alter the existing animations like the run but can't figure how to load them up.

Archived