Home

Reven or Exile?

Burnseyy

So, I don't know how to start a poll. >_> yes, I'm a noobie. :)

but, here we go.

who was your favourite lead character? Reven or the Exile? which one had a better story?

personally, I think Reven was the better character, because the mission was so much more fun than the Exile's :D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, I don't know how to start a poll. >_> yes, I'm a noobie. :)

but, here we go.

who was your favourite lead character? Reven or the Exile? which one had a better story?

personally, I think Reven was the better character, because the mission was so much more fun than the Exile's :D

Yeah, it was pretty cool to go after Star Maps and find out that you are former Sith Lord in K1, but the Exile gets my vote.

Why? As already stated there is more depht in her background and story. Exile's journey is about herself and hers past while Revan's who is going after Star Maps.

My votes on revan.

Personally, I have to disagree with anybody who says his story isn't deep enough. Now, sure if you take just the information that you got from the game, I can see it. But if you read all the outside sources, I feel like revan definitely wins.

Just the fact that {SPOILER ALERT} :: he most likely made the conscious choice to become a dark lord in order to strengthen the republic, versus actually destroying it, and doing so to defend against the true sith, is amazing.

That, and come on......he built HK-47, and programmed him to call Malak a meatbag.

How freaking AWESOME is that?!!

Er...we don't learn about Revan at all in K1, and only second-hand rumor in K2. :confused:

99% of K2 was about the Exile's past, and how it shaped the person that they are, how it influences their decisions in the game. As far as character development goes, Exile beats Revan by a long shot, and has a past that isn't muddled in tall tales.

I think the Exile is a far better charachter, I also prefer TSL story. I think the Exile is better in terms of personalisation as others have said, and the Exile is definatly a chrachter I can relate too.

Er...we don't learn about Revan at all in K1, and only second-hand rumor in K2. :confused:

99% of K2 was about the Exile's past, and how it shaped the person that they are, how it influences their decisions in the game. As far as character development goes, Exile beats Revan by a long shot, and has a past that isn't muddled in tall tales.

Begun, the fanboy wars have...

Revan over Exile all day, My complete hatred of Avellones idea of Star Wars pulls me out of the game, so I cant fully comment on Exiles story. Revan has little backstory, but what we found out and the way Bioware showed me this fits with exactly what I hoped for in a game and a Star Wars story. I try to learn about Exile but the triumvirate keep popping up and taking me to some kind of zombie, Greek myth pantomime... It's amazing that my 3 least favorite characters of all time are in the same game lol

Ummm....no offense intended, but........seriously? Are you high or something?? You learn a lot about Revan. Unless you just skipped all the dialogue.

While I think JC may have slightly exaggerated, how much DO you learn about Revan?

Not much. We know that he became Dark Lord of the Sith, underestimated Malak, wound up captured by the Jedi, brainwashed, and eventually defeated Malak. That's it. Revan's motives, goals, desires? Nada. In K1 we learn absolutely nothing about Revan other than he/she was a hero of the Republic-turned Sith Lord. And in K2 we just get vague impressions from people that either didn't know him (Mical, G0-T0, Atton), or were too close to be unbiased (Kreia, Canderous, the Council).

But its always a possibility, isn't it? After all, if you start reading the KotOR comics, you see what happened to him before he became the Lord of the Sith. Also, the guy is way more intellegent than you are giving him credit for. And I never said anything about staying true to himself, I simply pointed out an opposing argument, derived from outside sources other then the game, pertaining to the idea that it is possible that Revan chose to do what he did until a certain point, which would have been his ultimate corruption from the dark side.

As for the willpower and intellegence part, might I remind you how he sneakily made sure that Malak didn't know the entire plan? That he only attacked worlds that didn't ultimately matter to the Republic? Oh, and the fact that he knew what would happen when he scattered the Mandalorians. Because of him, they stayed as seperated, un-honorable mercenaries until about 50 or 60 years before Vader and Palpatine destroyed the Republic.

And I will point the fact that, like I said earlier, you have to read stuff from outside the game. So yes, on a strictly in-game basis, you don't get to know much about him, unless you're getting really philisophical, like I was. I always find his shift in personalities so intriguing; and it just gets better when he actually finds out who he was.

But its always a possibility, isn't it?

No. Just the fantasy of a remorseful woman. :xp:

But I see what you're getting at. Yes, Revan did "choose" the dark side, instead of falling unintentionally like Malak. But there's a difference between that interpretation and Kreia's; Revan did fall, choice or no.

After all, if you start reading the KotOR comics, you see what happened to him before he became the Lord of the Sith.

Eh...not really. All we see is that he's some faceless figure that fights the Mandalorians. Well, we already knew that from K1.

Also, the guy is way more intellegent than you are giving him credit for.

I haven't commented on his intelligence at all. :confused:

As for the willpower and intellegence part, might I remind you how he sneakily made sure that Malak didn't know the entire plan? That he only attacked worlds that didn't ultimately matter to the Republic? Oh, and the fact that he knew what would happen when he scattered the Mandalorians. Because of him, they stayed as seperated, un-honorable mercenaries until about 50 or 60 years before Vader and Palpatine destroyed the Republic.

Eh...we don't really know that; we're given in K2 various opinions from people who, as I said before, either didn't know Revan or knew him too much to be unbiased. Not saying none of it's true, just that we don't know it. The developers of K2 really worked to make Revan into some living legend, so of course he has a bit of a mystery to him. And other authors' portrayals are pretty much the same. Unfortunately, that means we don't really know many things about him.

And I will point the fact that, like I said earlier, you have to read stuff from outside the game.

Eh...there aren't really any other sources. I haven't read the Bane novels, but from what I have read (the Revan holocron bit), it's pretty much the same.

So yes, on a strictly in-game basis, you don't get to know much about him, unless you're getting really philisophical, like I was. I always find his shift in personalities so intriguing; and it just gets better when he actually finds out who he was.

Ah, here we go. This is what I like to call the threshold between Revan and "my Revan" (or your Revan, in this case ;)). You really have to just use your immagination to fill in the blanks. Before I was talking about the canonical Revan, that is, the aspects of the character that are universal, because they're facts, not opinions. So, you might know a lot about your Revan, but that doesn't mean we know much about Revan Revan. (Though, from the sound of it, your Revan is a lot like mine. :p)

Oh, and...

Begun, the fanboy wars have...

:rofl: Didn't see that before. :D

Eh...there aren't really any other sources. I haven't read the Bane novels, but from what I have read (the Revan holocron bit), it's pretty much the same.

My source is Wookieepedia. All hail its glory.

I guess I go a bit overboard on Revan.....I always pictured him as a 3,800+ years earlier version of Anakin Skywalker. Which sorta makes sense, to me at least. He likes to tinker with mechanical stuff, he built a droid, he is one of the few to reach the heights of sith power and come back to the light side, he's supposedly a really good lightsaber duelist, and he races swoopbikes. Maybe this is all just in my head, but I say that makes him awesome.

This is a tough one. I've played both game, although I found the plot from KotOR One a bit more... intriguing. Why? Here:

1) From the beginning, you are hinted at having 'Force Powers,' (after all, what's a Star Wars game without the Force?) but you never really discover the depth of your abilities until Dantooine.

2) While with the Jedi Council on Dantooine, you have the feeling that they know something you don't, and almost reveal it at a few points. *Cough*Master Vrook*Cough*

3) You attempt to search for the Star Maps, while completing various side-quests. While you can do this in the Second KotOR, I enjoyed the first one's much more (it's just a personal preference).

4)

After you find out you're Revan, it adds almost a new layer to the story: Irony. You've been following in your own footsteps for quite some time now, and you have been traveling with the very same Jedi that caused your 're-programming' in the first place. That's what I call a relationship killer. :p Also, slaughtering Malak at the end brought a bit of closure. Maybe it was the fact that Revan got revenge, or that he was finally gone. Good riddance, too, if I may add!

Case and point (in my opinion :p).

Archived