Home

Reven or Exile?

Burnseyy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Revan, because he actually has a background.

More than the Jedi Exile.

Excuse me? Are you sure it's not because, like many, you won't admit to a love affair with Revan? Let's have a look at background shall we?

Revan: Self righteous pain in a**, who, with his faithful sidekick, baldy, decides to go off and fight a war he has no business in fighting. He wins said war, and just 'somehow' becomes Dark Lord of the Sith.

Dark Lord of the Sith is captured, brainwashed and is all of a sudden a goody two shoes. He puts the beat down on ol' baldy and saves the universe.

Exile: Self righteuous pain in the a** who, on her own, decides to go and join Revan and baldy on their crusade. She has a big argument with Atris in the Temple wash-rooms about commitment. Along the way she kills many, and meets an Iridonian.

She then presses a big red button, and everything goes boom. She's banished, but shows up 5 years later thanks to an old nag and an annoying droid. She then fights 3 Sith Lords, including aforemention old nag. She then rebuilds the Jedi order.

So, actually, they have about the same amount of background.

<snip>

To be honest AK; look at the sig - it's going to be a biased comment - Revan fanboyism is as big as it always was.

Personally I think they have a fair ammount of backstory - but a backstory you give them, hence it's hard to debate. I agree with JC though that the Exile is more 'customisable' than Revan. In that we know Revan went evil and Sith Lordy; where as the Exile, is much more the domain of the player as to what happened in his/her past.

i prefered Revan, also, because there was always something to do - there was the visions, the mistrust, the hidden identity, and the star maps.

all the exile had was 'yeah i went to war, lost the force, want to kill/help jedi on the council.'

Revan's story had a twist, the Exiles wasnt that extraordinary.

the Exiles wasnt that extraordinary.

That may be why I prefer her, then. I don't mind a bit of being Dark Lord of the Sith/Saviour of the Galaxy, but only in small doses, and i've never gotten the fanboyism that Revan attracts.

But now, I think i've realised it's because the exile isn't as important that I like her more. There's not as big a hint of destiny and history that Revan has.

That may be why I prefer her, then. I don't mind a bit of being Dark Lord of the Sith/Saviour of the Galaxy, but only in small doses, and i've never gotten the fanboyism that Revan attracts.

But now, I think i've realised it's because the exile isn't as important that I like her more. There's not as big a hint of destiny and history that Revan has.

like i said, it's probably because i played KOTOR2, first. :lol:

Revan, also, because you dont know hes this big extraordinary character until it's revealed near the end.

And who ever said Revan has no personality, it's supposed to be you being him/her isn't it? :confused:

Revan, also, because you dont know hes this big extraordinary character until it's revealed near the end.

My friends told me about the 'twist' before I got to play it. So that could probably have something to do with my dislike of Revan... that I feel betrayed and bitter about it all. :(

My friends told me about the 'twist' before I got to play it. So that could probably have something to do with my dislike of Revan... that I feel betrayed and bitter about it all. :(

wow, that sux...i mean that's literally the pivotal plot point of the whole game. How many story twists do you get where you find out you used to be the scourge of the galaxy?

oshh gutted. i hate it when people ruin things for me! i never ruin things for anyone else. :(

Revan, hands down...overall seemed to be a more compelling character to me. The Exile seemed less developed, which is odd since every other party member generally has a lot a depth in K2.

I'm not sure we played the same games :p See I think the K1 party are much more developed than in TSL - but that there is alot more depth to the Exile than Revan :xp:

I'm not sure we played the same games :p See I think the K1 party are much more developed than in TSL - but that there is alot more depth to the Exile than Revan :xp:

Yeah, TSL doesn't leave you to determine how 'supa powerfull' the Exile is, whereas K1 is often left open to interpretation.

(It is actually my favourite game, shame it wasn't finished as I think with M4-78, and the cut content, it would have been truly epic).

And it can be, when the modwrights who are forging the fabled 'TSLRP' do unleash it upon the lands... :lol:

Lies. The ending was wonderful! ;)

*Moans and groans*

Revan, hands down...overall seemed to be a more compelling character to me. The Exile seemed less developed, which is odd since every other party member generally has a lot a depth in K2.

Define depth. Is it their incomplete backstories? Or maybe their badly written lines?

Frankly, teh companions on K2, IMO, are as shallow as possible. Minimal to no life story at all, they also don't have principles, or so it would seem, as even the righteous Disciple will find himself converted to the Dark Side if the player seems fit.

*Moans and groans*

Define depth. Is it their incomplete backstories? Or maybe their badly written lines?

Frankly, teh companions on K2, IMO, are as shallow as possible. Minimal to no life story at all, they also don't have principles, or so it would seem, as even the righteous Disciple will find himself converted to the Dark Side if the player seems fit.

Mira doesn't seem to want to turn to the Dark Side though. :¬:

they also don't have principles, or so it would seem, as even the righteous Disciple will find himself converted to the Dark Side if the player seems fit.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to say about the quality of their characters. All I see is a textbook example of Dark Side Phobia.

Minimal to no life story at all

At this point, you're just freaking making stuff up.

They just seemed like they had a bit more complexity than the K1 companions, who were fairly 2-dimensional. Not saying that isn't true about some K2 people, but their backstories at least consisted (usually) of more than one single life-altering event (ie Juhani, Carth, Canderous, Zaalbar etc.). I guess i thought their stories were more interesting, even if i thought the characters themselves weren't as good.

Probably the best overall is Jolee though, just cuz he has a sorta checkered past, lol.

Archived